WW VRS - Fabia vRS Combi

Tech1e

Awesome stuff indeed.

Love the exhaust!

Facelift rear clusters would be nice some time in the future. Maybe a wee rear spoiler too.

The stance is awesome, and the front end looks ace too.

What a project! :thumbup:

I'm trying to keep the cost in check ;) - once a few bits have sold, hopefully a few more things will be possible though. First gotta get it mapped up to the potential of the car, which is around 35 bhp more than it currently does as the map it has now is 'mild'.

Keep your eye out for a few 'for sale' items in the near future :D

I agree Stu, if funds had been available face lifted rear lights would have been on, but they wil lmake a feature.

I fully understand and to be honest it's only a minor thing, as I said just an observation. :thumbup:

Well i've watching this thread from the start and now that it's coming to a conclusion i don't know what i'll do with my time now. ;)

Very well done to you it's a smashin lookin' car and defo a head turner. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

Bit 'boring' for most of you this post perhaps, but I got a text message from Ross (and Evie ;)) saying they're on their way down :thumbup:

Camera is on charge at the moment hehehehe ;)

I may be some time before posting up pics due to having a roundtrip back to Ross' place and back home again, but all good :D

I've been watching this build for a while now and the result is simply awsome, all credit to Ross for his hard work and skill. bet WW is like a kid a christmas all excited !!!

I'd taken my eye off this thread for a while but just noticed it again today, and now I'm racked with envy – I want a Fabia vRS estate :D

Got to say, it looks amazing and what a project to undertake and complete, even Skoda, multi-billion ££££ corporation, didn't have the bottle :rofl:

I can't wait to hear the results of the first drive and see more pics.

Top marks to everyone involved :thumbup:

Any ideas on a ball-park figure for the cost of building, obviously minus anything that was sold on?

Apologies if you don't want to share! :)

Any ideas on a ball-park figure for the cost of building, obviously minus anything that was sold on?

Apologies if you don't want to share! :)

I built mine and have offered to do another one for £5500 for a std vRS spec estate based on something like an 02 estate and a 55 plate low mileage donor.

Alex

I built mine and have offered to do another one for £5500 for a std vRS spec estate based on something like an 02 estate and a 55 plate low mileage donor.

Alex

Cheers for the reply, Alex.

That's not too bad - a little less than what I expected!

Will not go into the cost too much, as Ross & I have some arrangements in place on that.

I provided the vRS in a damaged state, however engine was already tuned etc. Several new bits were fitted, loads of extra touches were made to make it unique, and I supplied the Estate itself.

I'd rather not say for Unit18/Ross how much they could do it for if you wanted something similar doing, but it is a big job ;)

Driving wise - she 'goes' ;) hehe :D

As Ross already mentioned to me, she needs a 4WA. As we had Evie in the car with us, we made sensible progress. On the way home I went a few backroads and enjoyed the drive a bit more aggressively. I pushed her purposefully over the limit of grip at a roundabout which was empty, large, and with a good 'escape route' to trigger the ESP. It made it clear the 4WA is important ;)

Car is looking awesome, driving awesome, and I've had a big grin on my face :D

Once the 4WA is sorted, I reckon she'll stabilise more. Brakes are *so* much better than the PD100 ones, it is day/night difference :D

Thanks once again to Ross, amazing job & we'll catch up next weekend for the 4WA etc all going well :thumbup:

PS Got shot of the pile of computer cases without damaging the car ;) hehe