Octavia Long delivery times

My car ordered 28-8-08 (wk 40?) and latest is a build date of week 51, (W/C 14-12-09?) but this might still come forward

Obviously SUK are anxious to get cars to customers this year

IMO they will be getting the factory to only build sold cars not ones for stock

I have just rang the dealer for an update on my order, ordered this week, week 42 and my build week is week 47 and he says I should have my hands on it in week 50. If this is true then an 8 week turnaround is a xmas bonus considering I was quoted 11 & 12 weeks.

It looks like Skoda could be trying to fulfill sold car orders before the new year.

ordered my 1.8tsi elegance on 11july. delivered to the garage today - picking it up tomorrow = 14weeks total

told it was built on 28september

arrived at uk port 12 october

when i placed the order i was told 8-12week delivery, then cple of days later dealer said 14weeks until built :mad: then told me on the 28 september that it had been built (11weeks) :) . So a bit of a rollercoaster but finally here :)

Ordered a Octavia vRS CR170 estate with auto lights and rear sensors on the 21st September:D

Just been told it is going to be in build week 46 (w/c 09 Nov), and to expect delivery mid to end December! However, the dealer did say that there was a good chance that it would be delivered earlier.

Have also been told that 0% finance and VAT free offer (15% discount) would stand if delivered past 31 Dec 09, as Skoda UK would foot the difference.

For the people with Dec/Jan expected dates that have P/exchanges, have the dealers guaranteed the px price now for 3mths ahead or are they adjusting them.

Thanks

My dealer has confirmed that my p/x value is guaranteed, regardless of delivery date (currently expected mid to end December). I guess that they have factored in the delivery time on the p/x value. At least I know that the cost to change will not be affected by late delivery/ VAT changes or anything else that I have no control over......

Ordered a Octavia vRS CR170 estate with auto lights and rear sensors on the 21st September:D

Just been told it is going to be in build week 46 (w/c 09 Nov), and to expect delivery mid to end December! However, the dealer did say that there was a good chance that it would be delivered earlier.

My 1.9TDi Estate was ordered on the same date - just waiting for my dealer to call me back now to find out an update on est. delivery time. I was originally quoted build week 49 but told that would likely come forward.

EDIT: Just spoke to dealer - still showing as build week 49 :(

Edited by Phil_P

For the people with Dec/Jan expected dates that have P/exchanges, have the dealers guaranteed the px price now for 3mths ahead or are they adjusting them.

Thanks

My part ex was adjusted as they expected me to have the car until early December. Just rany my dealer today and I was on a week 49 build and its jumped to 46. Dealer also confirmed that XDS was being installed on build week 45 on all VRS models. I am hoping this is going on the diesels too.

M

Just a note to all of you naively whipped up into a frenzy - (that's what marketing departments love...)

As pointed out by others......

1. There is really no such thing as a "VAT free" offer. Skoda UK like all other UK companies registered for VAT have - by law - to charge all UK customers VAT and subsequently give it to the taxman. No exceptions. Skoda's VAT free offer is simply a discount equivalent to the VAT amount.

2. The reason that deliveries are improving is nothing to do with extra shifts blah,blah. Its because their main market, Germany has fallen off a cliff due the end of their scrappage scheme.

Expect, discounts to continue, and extras to be dangled. Might be called something else, but its still a discount. This marketing trick is so old, they ought to get real and publish the REAL selling price - but somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Free - the most abused word in the english language.

Called in at the dealer today, and they confirmed that my Week 41 build vRS is on its way to the UK, and I should still be getting it in Week 44.

If anyone is interested Simpsons of Preston have a FL Race Blue vRS Petrol Hatch with DSG in stock (don't know if it has any other options) :thumbup:

I ordered my FL vRS CR170 (with lots of factory fit options) on the 5th August and was given a week 40 build date (w/c 29/9), and told it may take up to 6 weeks from then until delivery to the dealer. Was contacted earlier this week to say they are expecting to receive it today or Monday, and I should be able to pick it up by the end of next week. :rofl:

Hi there. If it helps, I ordered my VRs on September 12th, phoned this week and it was built on 8th October and is now on its way, for a 31st October pick up from the dealership. I specced a Columbus system with Maxidot, side and rear sun blinds and space svaer spare. Not bad considering my Mondeo was over 4 months delivery and that was quick!!!!

Hi everyone,

I ordered my VRS petrol estate DSG and the order was accepted by the factory by the middle of September. Still sitting at week 49 which is fine by me as it will mean I get XDS :thumbup:

I think the build time is very dependant on the options listed. If the car is specd with normal items such as maxidot and spare wheel, the build time will probably be less as these are probably already on their planned builds. May be wrong though but just my thoughts.

Can't wait to get my hands on my car.

Cheers

I've just heard that my 1.4 TSI ordered on 5 Sept (week 37) is due to be built this week (43) or next (44). :D I've been advised to allow three weeks for it to get here, be consigned/registered whatever, so looking at mid-Nov then I get to play with it! :thumbup:

Phew! It's good to have a date in mind. Particularly as I'm hoping the clunker I'm scrapping as part of the purchase lasts until then!

Octy 1.4 tsi SE. Boring *sorry, that's meant to be dynamic* blue, spare wheel .. that's all folks!

Edited by TomGoodheart

Ordered my white petrol VRS manual hatch with maxidot on 28th July. Had the dealer call today to see if I wanted to take out any of the finance deals currently on offer.........yes please' !

Car should be at the dealers next week all being well ready for me to collect during my half term week holiday (if I can wait until then).

It arrived yesterday and collecting on Monday. :D

Hi

I ordered my White VRS CR on the 3rd of October, my first build date is week 50 I think. This needs to be confirmed with them next week.

I really hope that it's sooner as like others I don't want the extra 2.5% slapped on it.

:)

I ordered my Black vRS CR on September 14th and initially was given build week 42. Called my local Skoda garage at the weekend and this has now been moved to week 45, a longer wait (which is killing me) but it'll come with XDS :thumbup:

I've been quoted i'll have it at the end of November.

I ordered my Black vRS CR on September 14th and initially was given build week 42. Called my local Skoda garage at the weekend and this has now been moved to week 45, a longer wait (which is killing me) but it'll come with XDS :thumbup:

I've been quoted i'll have it at the end of November.

I ordered my Blue vRS on 9 Sept; keep getting quoted 'about' week 48 / 49 for build so good as I will also get XDS.

As an aside, what paperwork have you had from the dealer so far. I'm with Marlboro and apart from the original acknowledgment and some info from their finance dept about the 0%, I've had nothing. They just state that they don't issue anything until they get a confirmed build date. Surely there is some pro-forma that gets used?

I ordered my Blue vRS on 9 Sept; keep getting quoted 'about' week 48 / 49 for build so good as I will also get XDS.

As an aside, what paperwork have you had from the dealer so far. I'm with Marlboro and apart from the original acknowledgment and some info from their finance dept about the 0%, I've had nothing. They just state that they don't issue anything until they get a confirmed build date. Surely there is some pro-forma that gets used?

On the day I paid a £200 deposit and was given a signed receipt for proof of purchase. I've not had anything else from them but they told me that I could pay my main deposit on the day I recieve the car, which is when i presume they'll setup the direct debit for the remaining balance. The dealer also explained that my payments will commence exactly a month after I've had the car. Hope that helps, Deepjoy.

I ordered my Scout on 26th August and picked it up this morning.

Needless to say, I am very happy right now.

i ordered mine 2 weeks earlier and i'm waiting for mine, should be next week....are you sure you haven't got mine by mistake :thumbup:

Get some piccies up so i can drool...:)