What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Lashed a new 6ft fence panel to the roof of the Est and had a slow drive home, Then took the Sport to the tip with the old broken fence panel in the boot and had a faster trip.

Fabia - disabled selective locking which was doing SWMBO's head in - my first go with proper VCDS adaptation changes! :party:

Octavia - finally got round to replacing that failed number plate bulb and reconnected the rear washer hose to the motor. Had popped off for some reason a couple of weeks ago.

Xmas eve - fitted rear discs & pads and Jetex performance exhaust

Between Xmas and New Year did cambelt change along with oil change. Also changed fuel filter.

All very straightforward jobs. Finding the cambelt easier to do on the Fabia/Ibiza than I did on the Toledo.

Hardest job was removing the old exhaust system: cutting through old exhaust with a hacksaw! And removing the sleeve connecting the middle pipe to cat. Would the nuts move? No! In the end one of the bolts broke off with the sheer effort put in to turn it! :giggle:

Edited by trebormint

Fabia - disabled selective locking which was doing SWMBO's head in

It wouldn't have done her head in if an uninvited guest tried to let themselves in to the car.

Stripped and cleaned front brake calipers and disks, fitted new brake pads.

Removed front wheel arch covers and mud flaps and cleaned away all the crud and soil from inside the wing by the mud flaps.

Test drove the VRS for the first time after fitting replacement Turbo, had a major panic, loads of smoke from the exhaust when the turbo kicked in.

Posted problem on the Octy 1 forum, got loads of advise, took the car for a long hard spin, eventually cleaned the oil out of the

catalytic convertor, now she runs as sweet as a nut and no smoke Phew!!!! :thumbup:

I picked up 6 full size doors from B&Q, a very tight squeeze, pass seat fully forward, dvrs seat as far as poss but still drive!! who needs delivery?

driving experience was different!! much closer to the pedals, meant I tended to press harder on the gas so was accelerating much quicker, maybe thats the reason I thought it was not quicker than it should be when I got it and so got it remapped emoticon-0136-giggle.gif, put the seat a couple of notches closer!

Yesterday....

Fitted VF shortshifter and my colour coded grille. Thanks Pete :)

Shifter is insane; can't believe the extent it's reduced the travel across the gate! Will take a few days to get used to I think emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Grille looks good too, and it's nice to get rid of the chrome emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Yes I have a forge one, the 1st day I thought what have I done, now I get in a car without a short shifter it is like driving a Transit circa 1972 :giggle:

Difficuilt to fit? Think I will treat myself to one! :)

Bit of a clean today

Car was recently detailed by Miglior. However it hasn't been cleaned since due to work commitments. So today thought i would give it a good clean. Especially the interior.

So here is the interior before

IMG_0166.jpg

Fair few farts there! :D

IMG_0167.jpg

More dirt

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

It's been snowing!!

IMG_0176.jpg

Rinsed ready to wash

IMG_0179.jpg

After cleaning thoroughly i applied some of this B)

IMG_0180.jpg

Whilst curing the interior was finished off

Farts removed:D

IMG_0192.jpg

Clean Interior

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Finally the Swissvax Shield was buffed off giving this.

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Not forgetting the nuclear missile itself B)

IMG_0196-1.jpg

Having been dubious previously of why certain waxes cost so much i can now understand why after today. The Shield went on sooooo easy, spread really easily meaning not much used and buffed off realllllly easy. I know people will be wondering why i have applied more Shield when it already had a layer of Swissvax Shield and Paul Dalton's Crystal rock on it. This was applied last month when Miglior detailed the car. However due to the amount of time i am going to be away over the next couple of months i thought a little bit more protection couldn't hurt.

The wife has also has a 1000m restraining order from any car washes whilst I'm away :rofl:

Comments good or bad welcome.