Chipping / Remapping 1.2 TSI

My_Yeti

Ben at Shark Performance in Mansfiled, UK is working on it at the moment. Not sure if he has a remapped 1.2tsi working yet.

They told me the price for a remap for Skoda Yeti 1.2TSI is £449 Including VAT.

Why I'm not in the UK?! Here in Russia I haven't found anyone who could do it...

Ben at Shark Performance in Mansfiled, UK is working on it at the moment. Not sure if he has a remapped 1.2tsi working yet.

As far as I know Shark Performance have their 'map' ready but need a 1.2TSI car to run it on as a 'prototype/pre-production' test, see this thread;- http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/191413-breaking-news-12tsi-development-car-required/

Anyone brave enough to volunteer? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's not a remap is it?

Sorry. This is what they are offering..."kits range from optimized reprogramming of the control electronics through to the complete conversion of the engine unit". It seems to me that this is what everybody here is looking for.

PS. And the MTM upgrades are only options in my country (Estonia) that does nothing to warranty :smirk:

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Celtic Tuning -

1.2 tsi 103 - 125 bhp, 129 - -160 lb ft

1.4 tsi 122 - -142 bhp, 148 - 228 lb ft?? - maybe a misprint - wiil contact Celtic tomorrow and check.

Cost me £360 on my 1.2, but a bit less if you know someone near with a car on their list who also wants a remap. The tech. comes to your home or work place, loads your ECU contents from the ODB port onto laptop,send to base, base send remap back, write to ECU, job done. Takes about 1 - 11/2 hours.

I am well pleased with the result.
Edited by rod987

• 3 years later...

The Swedish company BSR (bsr.se) have now been able to trim the 1.2 81kW engine. They quote 131HP (stock 110) and 234 NM of torque (stock 175) after tuning. This is a proper engine tuning, not a plugin box.

The faster the engine and camshaft operate is less strain on the cam drive whether belt or chain.

Start-up and tick-over place more strain on the cam drive than higher speeds.

• Like 1

The faster the engine and camshaft operate is less strain on the cam drive whether belt or chain.

Start-up and tick-over place more strain on the cam drive than higher speeds.

ahhh I did not realise that when you get into a car it immediately goes to 100mph. There I was thinking you start off at 0mph and work your way up. I must remember that in future.

ahhh I did not realise that when you get into a car it immediately goes to 100mph. There I was thinking you start off at 0mph and work your way up. I must remember that in future.

Well that was a useful bit of knowledge you've passed on there.

To be honest I'd thought they'd be more stress on the components due to the increased power/torque i.e. the engine would spin up faster under the same load and so put more stress on the timing chain etc.

The cam drive is under more load at low speeds because it has to lift and control closing the valves with the lobes on the cam.

When it is spinning faster the cam has inertia and smooths out the stresses on the cam drive components.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I'd thought they'd be more stress on the components due to the increased power/torque i.e. the engine would spin up faster under the same load and so put more stress on the timing chain etc.

Yes on rod and main bearings (more pressure exerted by combustion forces) piston ring lands, headgasket, head bolts, turbocharger bearings (higher PR) exhaust valves (higher exhaust gas temps)

Valve train would only be effected with large power increases (enough gas flow / RPM to float valves) ~ but that wouldn't effect the timing chain