Is any one happy with their Octavia?

After being on this site for about a week all I read is people having problems. Does not feel me with any confidence that I am going to be a happy driver/owner when my VRS arrives in October.

I'm very happy with my motor, it is probably the best car I have driven so far.

Thumbs up here too - can't get enough of it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Brimma

Mines a MK1 VRS and i'm happy with it, don't forget alot of people go on forum's too ask for help with a problem, so taking into account how many Skoda's are sold and compared to how many people have a query, don't think you have too much too worry aboutemoticon-0100-smile.gif

The problem with forums is most people only post or join if they have an issue and need to find a way to resolve it. Most people will not just post to say how happy they are with their car. Hence forums will always give you a very poor impression of a car due to this concentration of issues. In reality most Octy drivers are very happy with their cars and the reliability is very good. I for one have been more than happy with the 3 VRS cars I have owned over the last 8 years or so.

After being on this site for about a week all I read is people having problems. Does not feel me with any confidence that I am going to be a happy driver/owner when my VRS arrives in October.

I had a 2007 Octavia VRS PD for a year with nothing going wrong on it - most reliable car i have owned. No trips to the dealer for any problems at all and Skoda betters all other VAG group cars for reliability and satisfaction.

Picking up my mk 1 Octy soon....

Me too - I'm on my second Octavia, still a marvellous package. My parents now have a Skoda, my wife has one, my old one is going strong with friends...

Skoda convert.

Overall very happy with mine. Two trips to the dealers to fix the protective door strips which fell off.....but then again I once had a brand new 5 Series BMW which had rust all over it from about 6 months old.

As others have said remember lots of people come here for help rather than anything else so there are bound to be a lot of problems reported on this site. Might initially disheartening but thats a downside of sharing problems in an open way. In my view I would rather know about the problems - the broad sunlit uplands can look after themselves.

Edited by Minimoke

Absolutly love mine and i'm on my second, both race blue vrs first one 07 pd and now got a cr with 2000miles on the clock not really had any major issues with either ok the pd had the occasional dpf clitch but nowt major had to have an exhaust pressure sensor just nicely before it got traded and ran out of warenty but other than that ran like a dream for the 33000 miles that we did together as for the cr all good nowt to report. Anyone who wants a good honest pd check out simpsons of colne and have a look. After say all this will probablly be swapping to a 170cr yeti next time unless skoda grace us with a 4x4 vrs but i doubt it = :rofl::rofl:

I might as well chip in and say I love mine too :thumbup:

This was my first 'proper' car and at the time I was looking at Focus', Golfs, Leons, etc., etc… but I'm so glad I chose the Octavia. It was the MASSIVE boot that swung it :rofl:

Three years on and it's never let me down (touch wood and all that) apart from an N75 valve and a stuck rear wiper motor – both easily fixed. When the time comes to move on, it'll deffo be another Octavia. :yes:

Third Octavia, best yet by a long way (though all good). Some road noise but the roads round here are lousy - it all goes away on that new motorway rubber tarmac stuff!

Tempting fate here but at nearly 2 years old I've done nothing except clean out the rear washer jet. Best over-all car I've ever driven (1.8 TSi)

3rd Octy for me too over the last 10 years, mk1 Octy I owned for 5 years/110,000 miles only an alternator/battery other than wear and tear items. My next Octy mk2 owned for 4 years with turbo been the big failure... touch wood latest FL is nearly 1 year old and no issues worth a trip to the dealers.

I feel very smug with driving a Skoda as friends/colleagues wouldnt consider them!! To stuck with badge snobbery.

i have had my black magic vrs, 10 weeks and looooving it, the first time i saw the mk2 when they first came out, i said to myself, 'im aving one of these one day' so 4 years on here i am with my dream car, i will be keeping this car for a few years, i mean what would i change to ???? this has got everything i want..........