Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

A wealth of sightings! Red one with Northern Irish number plates in Halifax last week, with two wolf stencils on the back - driven by a woman who saw me and waved. Then in Galloway this week, saw a grey one in the car park at Castle Kennedy, and met the new owners of a black Yeti SE in our hotel - nice couple from near Carlisle, very happy with their new acquisition.

With my yeti watching saw a lovely red yeti today Madingly rd, Cambridge if there was a blue one we could've done red,white and blue.

The red looked really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Zambezi88

Five on the way to Craster today. Two silver, a red, an aqua blue and a steel grey. The three that I saw the back of were all TDIs - the ones I've seen around Wetherby are mostly 1.2s.

Was following a white 61 reg (TDi) though a Volvo was between us on the B6344 heading towards Rothbury, around 10a.m., anyone on here? Also a blue TSi was parked in Longhorseley.

There are quite a few Yeti's in the north east now!

Saw 5 Yetis as we drove between Keswick and St. Bees (Cumbria), all different colours - disappointed that only one waved back even though I flashed the lights at all of them and SWMBO waved - one couple just stared at us as if SWMBO and I were loons! I am putting it down to they don't recognise another Yeti when they see one!

I did actually see 6 but this sixth one is always parked on the drive of a house just as you drive into Keswick so I didn't count that one.

• Like 1

Saw 5 Yetis ... one couple just stared at us as if SWMBO and I were loons!...

Lost count today. And yes, some look over like it's "that care in the community isn't working very well is it" :D

Our recent 2000 mile expedition round the north of Scotland suggests that the Yeti Capital of Scotland is......Tomintoul. While making a brief pitstop there we saw one parked and three on the move (although one of the three might have been doing a return journey). The next best was Shieldaig, with one in residence (well, on someone's drive) at the top of the village and another on the move on the main road A896 heading south. In Ballater, we were next-door-but-one to a smart red 4x4 DSG in the big carpark.

There must have been others, but they were apparently (a) hidden by the rain and spray (quite a lot of that) or in a different carpark. This does not mean a shortage of Skodas. Round the remote bits especially, every fourth or fifth car was a Fabia or an Octy and it was not unusual for three or four to pass in succession.

We finished our trip with a run down the English North East coast, where the forum had led me to expect to see lots of Skodas - we did, but not a Yeti among them!

I think bonus points should be awarded for anyone who manages to spot Graham, pulling his caravan, en route to Norfolk.

• Like 1

I saw a red one a few minutes ago going up and then back down Esplanade Road Newquay. I was inside watching the very messy surf and the flotilla on the Thames (on the TV :lol

5284f985-7f85-ab2b.jpg

We've got a load in Watford, all liveried up with NHS logos and Doctor On Call, green lights on the top! They look great!

They seem to cover all of west herts nhs trust as I've seen them in Berko, St Albans and Hemel too. They've been arund for a couple of years now.

Unplanned/impromptu visit home to Norfolk this weekend. Wonder if Graham's still there?

You sure can tell that Graham is on his hols. He's taken his weather with him so his doesn't feel homesick! :giggle:

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 2

Right where to start, spotted 6 yetis today, 2 red yetis heading toward apperley bridge, 1 red yeti, which was directly behind my candy white in guisley, a green one in menston, 2 muskys around burley in warfdale.

Surely there's at least one person on here

Aha, now I saw a musky one on the Bradford ring road (north) just beyond the Leeds road and another musky in the car park at Tesco (the big one just behind Bradford City's football ground) at about 2.00pm, and from there I headed out towards Apperley Bridge on the Harrogate road sometime between about 2.00 and 2.30. Headed back in from there and out towards Shipley/Bingley about 3.00 ish?

Right where to start, spotted 6 yetis today, 2 red yetis heading toward apperley bridge, 1 red yeti, which was directly behind my candy white in guisley, a green one in menston, 2 muskys around burley in warfdale.

Surely there's at least one person on here

That red one directly behind you was us ! I flashed you and waved thinking it would be you but got nothing and thought you were asleep :rofl:

I was dropping Mrs G off then on to D M Keith in Bfd - see http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240684-assorted-ramblings/

Apart from the black one I see most days near Haverfordwest there is now a steel grey Yeti that I have seen twice. I flashed him on Sunday, but no response! I saw him again today, I didn't bother and neither did he!

Saw a white Yeti in Morrisons car park last Saturday. I went over to have a closer look- it looks good in white, but I know how quickly it gets dirty round here. My silver one certainly hides the dirt a bit more, though the rear attracts all the dirt!

Edited by MikeWales

Forgot to say that there is a silver one in Milford BUT it is covered in reflective squares and FIRE in big letters on the side.

Not sure if it is the local fire brigade or a private vehicle for one of the local oil refineries or LNG terminal.

It certainly looks interesting with it's big roof rails & reflective bits.

Edited by MikeWales

That red one directly behind you was us ! I flashed you and waved thinking it would be you but got nothing and thought you were asleep :rofl:

I was dropping Mrs G off then on to D M Keith in Bfd - see http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/240684-assorted-ramblings/

Sorry I had no idea I was half asleep on my journey to work this morning. I only noticed you when you were right up behind me at the lights, didn't even look into the rear view till then.

I'll keep a better eye out next time.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to announce my new arrival. Musky ordered on Jan 28th arrived on my drive today. The rain is thundering down bouncing off her roof - I think it's a wonderful sight.

Took her to Morrissons earlier parked as far as possible from other nasty cars.Thought about using the Parent & Child parking bays but didn't have the cheek. Maybe the supermarkets could supply bays for worried drivers.

Not seen another Yeti anywhere for a while, not even the white one usually parked up on the main road in Liskeard. I used to go that way just for a look.

We're still as picky in carparks, 10 months later. If forced to park right next to someone, we try and look for recent plates, especially if from VAG. Sad, but true.

They say that first scratch/bump is the worst ;)

Enjoy Musky :thumbup: