Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Muscavado Yeti reg **60 JUT spotted on the B1040 travelling north towards Whittlesey in fenland around 11:00am this morning.

Sorry; didn't bother waving as I was travelling incognito, having just collected a new Vauxhall Agila in Kings Lynn for my mother and heading home.

I know I said I would stop "spotting", turns out I couldn't.

Saw many on the way to Oxford in the Tribute today, assortment of colours Red, Black, Mascavado towards London on M40.

One actually parked in my underground parking at home in Central London - Was there on Saturday morning, just saw the top, but its an SE or Elegance in Beige.

Last weekend, we returned from a three week holiday in Central/Southern France, covering 1900 miles in total and we saw no Yeti. That's right ..............NONE. Where are they hiding?

Dear Bahnstormer

That was me in the muscovada **60 JUT Yeti you saw on Saturday. It is a 4x4 140 HP Elegance. Great car - really enjoying driving it.

Yetis are incerdibly rare in the fens - I saw one about a month ago in the supermarket car park in Ramsey, and one the Peterborough parkway about 2 weeks ago, but that's it !

Dear Bahnstormer

That was me in the muscovada **60 JUT Yeti you saw on Saturday. It is a 4x4 140 HP Elegance. Great car - really enjoying driving it.

Yetis are incredibly rare in the fens - I saw one about a month ago in the supermarket car park in Ramsey, and one the Peterborough parkway about 2 weeks ago, but that's it !

I had a sneaky suspicion it might have been you; do I get double points for 1. spotting a Yeti and 2. one driven by a Briskodian! :thumbup:

I must say that I missed being in my Yeti on the B1040 - it was almost like driving a field of moguls. :giggle:

I had a sneaky suspicion it might have been you; do I get double points for 1. spotting a Yeti and 2. one driven by a Briskodian! :thumbup:

I must say that I missed being in my Yeti on the B1040 - it was almost like driving a field of moguls. :giggle:

Yetis are great for the fenland roads - driving the B1040 is like a choppy crossing of the English Channel sometimes. My previous car (Rover 75) suffered broken/cracked springs and prematurely worn susepnsion arms having to deal with the local roads, and my local garage will tell you tales of quite expensive cars (BMW, Jags) with broken or excessively worn suspension after only 30-50K miles on these roads. Also, last winter they were a bit sparse with the gritting- one morning there were 7 cars in the ditch within 400 yards of our house, so we should be prepared for this winter (a Yeti, plus a set of winter tyres on steel rims ready in the garage).

Cheers

Pete

spotted a black yeti in a disabled space in Sainsburys in Livingston today with an elderly couple in it. That makes three yetis in the Livingston area I reckon. One white, one black and one grey.

Saw a Corrida red 60 plate -followed him through St Albans this morning received a chirpy couple of flashes of the hazards and flashed in return. SMOC sticker in a highly appropriate red in the rear window!

Double points?

Red 60 reg (how common :giggle: ) came down the hill from Heptonstall to Hebden Bridge this morning ... she'll need winter tyres if she's going to get back up there in January!

Saw a Corrida red 60 plate -followed him through St Albans this morning received a chirpy couple of flashes of the hazards and flashed in return. SMOC sticker in a highly appropriate red in the rear window!

Double points?

I'd put money on that being Sidevalve Minor ??

Isn't it odd that the 3 of us live so close but never seem to see the others on the road?

I saw an Aqua Blue one yesterday on the A217 towards the M25 both waved and another one the M25 but in Rosso Brunello which was unusual to see.

We drove to Biggleswade in a Steel Grey Yeti and drove back in a pair of Steel Grey Yetis...

I was suprised I didn't see more, when I drove up to Birmingham last week in an Octavia I saw 4 Yetis, 5 Superbs, and loads of Octavias, at one point on the M40 there was myself, 3 other Octavias a Yeti and a Superb Estate in a line...

I'd put money on that being Sidevalve Minor ??

Isn't it odd that the 3 of us live so close but never seem to see the others on the road?

'Twas indeed me. I'd half expected a new "SMOC sticker spotted" thread to start as a result :). Have any other stickers been spotted in the wild?

We spent last week house hunting in East Devon, only 3 Yetis seen. We crossed paths with a white one going in the opposite direction in Branscombe village, my wife reported a wave but unfortunately I was busy missing a stone wall and didn't notice, apologies if it was anyone here.

S_M

Currently sat in stationary, engine off, traffic on the M6 in front of a Rosso red one driven by a lady.

Might go and say hello in a bit coz I think we might be here for a while.......

Currently sat in stationary, engine off, traffic on the M6 in front of a Rosso red one driven by a lady.

Might go and say hello in a bit coz I think we might be here for a while.......

Go on then..... :rofl:

11 Plate Muscovado Yeti moved over to let me out on the slip road onto the Northbound Forth Bridge this afternoon :thumbup: Common as muck round here now it seems

Go on then..... :rofl:

Well that was a surefire way of getting the traffic moving.

Saw shed loads once we got across the border into Scotland. Too many to mention.

They still seem rare south of the border to me - we drove from Cambridgeshire to Hampshire and back this weekend,and only saw 2 the whole weekend - one on the A45 near Wellingborough on Saturday morning,and one on the A34 near Oxford last night.

We are off to the mountains of North Wales in 2 weeks - should be a better hunting ground !

Pete

Common as muck round here now it seems

Yup, there's two that "live" within five minutes' walk from home and another just up the road from work. I see others on the road pretty much every day now in Edinburgh. Where did they all come from all of a sudden?!