The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

OK so I got my car yesterday. Thought I would just post a few words of my initial reactions.

The colour is absolutely stunning, the car looks great. I've put my documents away in the glovebox, and hid my satnav in the top part of the glovebox (excellent)

Start the ignition and start moving.. DSG is as smooth as butter, in fact 1,000 times smoother than a Diesel Octavia I had with DSG a couple of years back.

Get moving on the dual carriageway back towards home and the drive is sublime. Firm, but the ride is great - takes bumps with ease (just how I like it)

The engine is powerful, yet quiet. I had a bit of a play up some country lanes later on in "sport". The car hangs onto gears for as long as possible, and before you know it, your up to 70mph in 3/4, engine is singing its high notes, and it is lovely :D

Got it home and the Mrs likes it, (she hated my previous car too) and I feel a million times better now I'm in a car I like, in fact I love it already.

I'll post a more concise review and pictures later today :)

Hi From Finland!

Finally got my car at dealership, getting it for the drive next week.

Decided to share this picture with you after small accident. Originally i ordered silver rims but for some reason it came with black ones. I was totally surprised it looked fantastic, so i decided to forgive the salesperson

just because it looks so good.

I havent seen any good pics from black ones with black wheels, so here we go.

in Finland the car comes pretty much with everything on standard ofc the price is pretty high also 26 000€.

But let me know what you think people, i will upload more pictures after its given to me.

dm-T9JG.png

Finally someone who has the same colour combo as me, just wish it would hurry up and get here

Here we go, decided to go out for a drive this evening and I've come up with this little lot: -

oops, my plate is in these...

BRB :D

Splendid looking thing, that.

Starting to wonder if I shouldn't have saved my money on fancy paint and wheels and got an estate instead... oh well. Too late now!

To be fair they don't look too bad, just have a grandadish whiff about them. A bit like those rubber electrical grounding things people used to have on their cars.

Must get some; I'm a Grandad. :rofl:

Tony

To be fair they don't look too bad, just have a grandadish whiff about them. A bit like those rubber electrical grounding things people used to have on their cars.

How do you mean my 12 grounding strips are luvly yesh, stopsh me from electrocutionsh. Oopsh losht me teef.

They go with me shtickers all over the back windah, cant see out of it now I've got sho many! Bet you jealoush.

Tee hee but I genrally dont bother with me mirrorsh theshe daysh, oopsh losht me teef again.

Them big AA badges on the front though, they really show I mean businessh cruising down the Motorway tarmacadam at 45mph in the middle lane. Wheeh we motoring now Martha, why ish he undertakin ush and shakin his fishts? Shome people! Aaargh losht me teef again.

Would be interested to know how much wind deflecting they actually do. Especially in these days of aircon as nobody drives around with their windows open anymore.

I still do. Most of the time I prefer it especially at slow speeds. Once I pass 50 it's windows up and aircon on

I still do. Most of the time I prefer it especially at slow speeds. Once I pass 50 it's windows up and aircon on

+1 but with sun roof open at low speeds too.

This is a Hi-Res pic I took today at the new Snetterton 300 race track in Norfolk. Makes for a nice desktop... :)

Note: Camera Olympus E420 DSLR

Fabia.jpg?dl=1

Edited by looby