The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

Only done 50 odd miles in my vRS so far but thought I would include some initial thoughts about the car. On my way to collect it, I thrashed my outgoing Fabia 2 SE Tdi 75bhp. It was fairly entertaining as it rolled around and didn't pull that hard (in fairness it didn't drop below 50mpg).

I think my vRS looks stunning in white and black with black wheels and red seats.

I love:-

-The DSG gearbox and its seamless changes but so far have not pushed it hard enough to need Sport.

-The engine. It's a peach. Torquey and soft but lots of go when needed. My journey in to work is only 4 miles and so most of it is under 2000rpm (oil and coolant barely warms up). I have not exceeded 6000rpm so far or about 85mph. I think it is a bit gruff at higher revs but not too bad.

-Ride. I am disappointed how crashy the ride is after the cooking Fabia but it probably is more of a reflection of the terrible state of the roads. I do wonder how much of the less resilient ride is due to 40 section tyres (195/50/15 on the Fabia SE).

-Handling/roadholding. It has been very wet since picking the car up so I haven't taken many chances but did manage my fastest speed up a pretty steep hill without trying too hard and it felt as stable as could be expected.

Fuel consumption wise it has been better than expected :)

• Like 1

Hi all yesterday I traded in my clio sport 172 and bought a fabia vrs estate in racing blue , absolutely loving it so far only done 60 miles in it, still need to take it for a good blast, been trying to upload some photos of it but doesn't seem to want to work, hopefully get some up soon :-)

Trev,

Welcome :)

I am sure you'll not regret your decision and will have tons of fun with your vRS. It would be interesting to see your views comparing the two cars since now you owned both.

Also, there's a track day on 1st June in Bedford where you could take your vRS through her paces :)

Hi all yesterday I traded in my clio sport 172 and bought a fabia vrs estate in racing blue , absolutely loving it so far only done 60 miles in it, still need to take it for a good blast, been trying to upload some photos of it but doesn't seem to want to work, hopefully get some up soon :-)

What options did you get? Looks lovely in the blue :)

What options did you get? Looks lovely in the blue :)

Went for climate control, rear electric windows, electric sunroof, dark chrome alloys, bluetooth, frontseat armrest, rear parking sensors, and guardx protection.

So much fun to drive :hi:

Went for climate control, rear electric windows, electric sunroof, dark chrome alloys, bluetooth, frontseat armrest, rear parking sensors, and guardx protection.

So much fun to drive :hi:

Get some more picks up!! Have you got the CTHE engine?

CTHE is the new(est) version of the 1.4 TSI VRS engine, supposedly with a few of the unfortunate "quirks" fixed or at least reduced in severity/tendency to occur. There should be a sticker in your spare wheel well with the code on it. The previous engine was the CAVE, which was in production until the middle of last year IIRC.

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 1

Just checked and i do have the CTHE engine, Glad i do otherwise i would have felt hard done by,even though i didn't know anything about this before, thanks for the info much appreciated :hi:

Just checked and i do have the CTHE engine, Glad i do otherwise i would have felt hard done by,even though i didn't know anything about this before, thanks for the info much appreciated :hi:

So yes you have the new/latest modded engine :rofl:

:rock: Do you know what sort of problems people were having with the older engine?

Problems seems to be cropping up with CTHE as well. Older units suffered from hing oil consumption and nothing else much really. At least not reported here on briskie.

CTHE is the new(est) version of the 1.4 TSI VRS engine, supposedly with a few of the unfortunate "quirks" fixed or at least reduced in severity/tendency to occur. There should be a sticker in your spare wheel well with the code on it. The previous engine was the CAVE, which was in production until the middle of last year IIRC.

Engine code in the wheel well... you sure these cars weren't designed by Land Rover?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

If I was to put an areodynamic aftermarket element on my car I'd get one to increase front grip at high speeds as, at least in my car, it gets really light at the top end which is not really confidence inspiring sensation. I suppose the "handle spoiler" at the back will be useful when the motor needs a push? It is not my fav solution but execution seems very good and it doesn't look shabby or too out of place.

Well, at high-speed maneuvers I find my car unstable in the end and quite planted at the front.

Might have with the splitter to do, might have with the 225/35/18 Hankook-tyres :).

Anyhow, not a picture off a Fabia vRS but it will be sitting in a Fabia in about 1 months time!

15589-47ded5e6eed778b0ae2d93a3d1d9e0bf_large.jpg