Audi coilpack recall, turned into official Skoda Recall.

Got mine done first thing this morning (obviously so I don't miss the wedding haha). However the guy also told me I have an oil leak as there was oil around the top near the coil packs....... I put it too him that it wasnt a leak, an that I didn't have a steady hand when topping my oil up. His reply "I didn't think of that"!!! And then people wonder why we go to independent garages.

Got mine done first thing this morning (obviously so I don't miss the wedding haha). However the guy also told me I have an oil leak as there was oil around the top near the coil packs....... I put it too him that it wasnt a leak, an that I didn't have a steady hand when topping my oil up. His reply "I didn't think of that"!!! And then people wonder why we go to independent garages.

Just use a funnel, it is hard to do without one :thumbup:

You can get those little plastic funnel type things that slot over the oil container and you just pour straight in. Only a few quid. Just leave mine in the boot. :thumbup:

Phoned my local skoda garage up who to my amazement actually knew what i was talking about (shock horror) and have agreed to replace IF they need replacing (they need to have a look at the codes stamped on them).

Thing is, they can only get my in on a week day which is a pain in the back side seeing as i work 8-5 monday - friday :(

Mine is going in at 10.30 and been a long delay so they could order them, so I presume mine are being changed.

I think they might have a log of my coilpacks from what I complained about the misfiring.

Mine were changed within 15 minutes today, all replaced for 06A905115D Coilpacks.

I asked for invoice too - it states 'Carry Out 28F7 Recall - Replace Ignition Coils'. I saw the original invoice that D M Keith kept and cost of £139.07 to replace them. Emma was very helpful at D M Bradford, I was a bit worried 15 minutes was too quick but took engine cover off and can confirm there is 4 new coilpacks there.

Car seems much better running and smoother.

Let's hope it sorts my issues.

Luke

it will only take 10 mins to do this

hardest parts are getting the connectors off the plugs and pulling them out, they can be a bit stiff

also refitting the engine cover can be fiddly

Took car in to Progress Skoda (Letchworth), was able to watch work being done from window. It took about 20 mins, and was given a coffee

while I waited, a very friendly atmosphere. I got confirmation that the coil packs going in were Part No: 06A - 905 - 115D (latest revision)

Not sure if its my imagination, but driving back it seemed to feel smoother, pick up was stronger.

All in all a very good morning :thumbup:

Peter

Just phoned my local dealer - DM Keith, Wakefield and I am pleased to say they've been useful as always! Booked in for Friday no problems at all......

My questions is - one of my coilpacks have been replaced, and I'm not sure if it's been replaced with the model that's been recalled!?

Will this be an issue? The way I see it is that if they've gone previously they've only been replaced because they should have been recalled earlier. Any ideas?

It depends which version is has been replaced with.

If it's a version r or d, or a non official one, it will be left as is, and the other 3 will be replaced (assuming they're not r or d too)

Cheers for that. I've just had a look and I have an R,D and L, and the other is blank (I assume that this one is non offical)

Does this mean that they'll only replace the L one? If so I'm wondering whether its worth a trip!

They've abviously been replaced because they were faulty. Is there no chance they'll change them all?

mines been in today, was suppose to just be getting looked at but they have changed 2 as i had 2 D's anyway

car feels smoother particually low down, mpg went up a little too

best part the warning light i had on has been switched off so assume it was an issue with the packs

Called stealer today and am booked in for Friday am.

Interestingly whilst looking at the coil packs I noticed my breather hose has split :( So ordered a nice blue silicon one :)

By the way, I need to clean my throttle body, are the dealers likely to have the gasket on site to purchase or will they likely have to order one in?

Regards

Paul

I had to order my gasket when i cleand my tb, you never know they might have one in stock.

Maybe if they don't if there is any vw or seat dealers close by you could see if they have any? Just a idea.

Cheers for that. I've just had a look and I have an R,D and L, and the other is blank (I assume that this one is non offical)

Does this mean that they'll only replace the L one? If so I'm wondering whether its worth a trip!

They've abviously been replaced because they were faulty. Is there no chance they'll change them all?

Yep, that means they will only replace the 1 coil unfortunately. The R and D should be OK though, and the L's don't seem to be that bad, not like the early ones used to be. I had 4 L's and didn't have any problems with them.

Mine was done this morning, took them just over an hour as they did a health check, changed all 4 coils even though 1 was already a D (haven't had time to check though, will check in the morning) and gave it a valet all for free :thumbup: this was done at Royce Roberts Skoda in Hull, must say fantastic service :D