Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

No.. u are thinking wrong..

If they viewed this site I think they would make my fabia long time ago..

but hell.. I hope newspapers world around do! and write about skoda and the support they have..

for not to talk about the ONE YEAR waiting for a fabia..

Ordered 20 Oct 2010.. build date week 36 (2011) and delivery perhaps 3 weeks after that..

Thats unacceptable because people have ordered their cars in March 2011 and had them already... I'd be on the phone to Skoda making a huge complaint!

Fabia hatch Greenline II, in red.

Extra: Maxi-dot and went with silver onyx dash

Ordered 4.3.11 and given estimate of 16 weeks.

28.3 given a provisional build week of week 19 (09/05/11).

Collected Yesterday so just over three months ( 15 weeks) wait for mine.

Got a mail from my dealer today and he wrote that skoda finaly have put my car into production in week 28.

so if all going well I have my car in sweden in week 30-31.. and can pick it up in week 32-33 in norway :)

Ordered 20 Oct 2010.. total weeks to wait before it get build is 39 + 5 week delivery

Skoda fabia combi active, 1.2 TSI DSG, Satine Grey, Sunroof, tow bar, sunset, mdi, bad road package, +++++++...

Got a mail from my dealer today and he wrote that skoda finaly have put my car into production in week 28.

so if all going well I have my car in sweden in week 30-31.. and can pick it up in week 32-33 in norway :)

Ordered 20 Oct 2010.. total weeks to wait before it get build is 39 + 5 week delivery

Skoda fabia combi active, 1.2 TSI DSG, Satine Grey, Sunroof, tow bar, sunset, mdi, bad road package, +++++++...

About time!!

Well done mate. Finally some good news.

Just had a call from the dealer. My car is in and will be ready for collection next Saturday! 1.2 tsi 105 elegance non dsg with a few extras. Will be exactly 12 weeks to the day from ordering.

Sorry for all who have waited longer.

Just had a call from the dealer. My car is in and will be ready for collection next Saturday! 1.2 tsi 105 elegance non dsg with a few extras. Will be exactly 12 weeks to the day from ordering.

Sorry for all who have waited longer.

Glad your getting it mate :) Im not too far off 12 weeks and car not even built yet, still got an unconfirmed build week. You enjoy your new toy :D

Well went into cancel today but cant do it for some reason but have to give it in writing apparently(which didnt know of)so going there tommorow to cancel, Shame really because its a nice car too miss out on but put a deposit on a nearly new (2k on clock) 11 plate polo gti which i pick up this friday :rofl:

Well went into cancel today but cant do it for some reason but have to give it in writing apparently(which didnt know of)so going there tommorow to cancel, Shame really because its a nice car too miss out on but put a deposit on a nearly new (2k on clock) 11 plate polo gti which i pick up this friday :rofl:

Fish

I see we are not too far apart (sorry if I have already asked) where did you order from?

UPDATE

21 Feb 2011 order Skoda Fabia SE hatch, 1.2 TSI 105 PS with DSG in Pacific Blue with options cruise control, spare wheel, black protective side mouldings and rear parking sensors. Build week 20 was initially given.

After going as far out as week 32, it came back to 26 and then 24.

Dealer called Monday 20 June to say car had been built and WAS IN UK!!!

Is this the one of the first of the 1.2(105) engines with DSG to filter through?

retiredbri

Good news for you Bri.

I ordered my vRS on the same day as you, apparently it will be built next week (week 26) but this has still not been confirmed.

Patience has never been my strong point!

Some positive news to report - after speaking with Customer Relations / Customer Services last Wednesday (15/06), Skoda UK have confirmed that the build week has now been brought forward from Week 43 (24/10 - 30/10), to Week 27 (04/07 - 10/07) - delivery of the car to the dealer will then take approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the car has been built.

Although unable to supply a courtesy car for the interim, Skoda UK will cover the costs of an MOT on my current car (and any work required for the car to pass), which I've just booked in to Parkview Skoda this morning.

Still awaiting news on my fathers car (same model, same colour, same specification).

Some positive news to report - after speaking with Customer Relations / Customer Services last Wednesday (15/06), Skoda UK have confirmed that the build week has now been brought forward from Week 43 (24/10 - 30/10), to Week 27 (04/07 - 10/07) - delivery of the car to the dealer will then take approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the car has been built.

Although unable to supply a courtesy car for the interim, Skoda UK will cover the costs of an MOT on my current car (and any work required for the car to pass), which I've just booked in to Parkview Skoda this morning.

Still awaiting news on my fathers car (same model, same colour, same specification).

Sounds like a bit of positive news for once. Interesting to know whether this is due to your persistence and website or just how it falls...

It seems like the floodgates have opened.... a lot of cars are starting to come through now - including ones people didn't expect. Result.

Are you sure? Mine (well "hers" actually) was ordered in week 3 initially they said week 21, then it moved to wk 28 where it's stayed since March.(we are now in week 25)Emailed dealer today to see if there's any news........... none. Still showing week 28 but still not confirmed :(

On the plus side, they have stuck to the P/X offer, changed the PCP so we now get the free servicing, and confirmed that we get a cheque (not vouchers) for £300 if the delivery is beyond week 28.

Not sure that we will stick with it if it's delayed though. There are some nice used cars starting to make more sense.

It's a 1.2SE 105 DSG Est.

Going back to my Greenline II Estate again...

I've been calling my dealer regularly for updates and today the car has gone from "unknown" to build week 28!!!

I actually went into the dealership on Friday for a polite chat. Interesting to see the cars floating in the system (usually where people have cancelled orders.) The dealership guessed that, particularly for the Greenline II Estate, there may be an incredibly large order from some plc being dealt with at the factory and this is upsetting things. I came away with the following conclusions:

If you want to get a Fabia quickly, go for a hatchback and a conventional engine/gearbox. Factory-fit options and colour won't have much impact on build time. And estate, Greenline engine and/or DSG will slow things up considerably.

For other models, Roomsters are as rare as rocking horse **** with Greenline ones even rarer! Octavia and Yeti supply seems more steady from what I saw.

* My Top Tip * don't ever order anything to be built! Just check in with your dealer from week to week and see what's floating around in the system. I passed up the chance of cancelling the Fabia order and swapping for a Greenline II Roomster... however, it was in red :giggle: Seriously, if you can put up with red there are usually loads of different models floating about as nobody will touch em :smirk:

One other thing: your dealer has absolutely no control of the factory and the build dates they issue. Neither does Skoda UK, they *may* be able to suggest, influence or badger the factory over orders but ultimately they can't *order* them to make a particular car.

Anyhoo, as mentioned by previous posters, I hope the delivery of my car will be 2-3 weeks after the build date. This is the usual time for customs to check paperwork, etc. Anyone getting "it's been sitting at the docks since May" is being fed a load of **** by their dealer. Customs only have a finite amount of space and they can't be doing with loads of cars and vans taking up room!

Didn't know about this Schedule 10/20/30 thing though, will give my dealer a shout in the morning...

Best Regards,

Andy

We wanted a Fabia Estate SE+ TSi 86, and were expecting some delays - which were going to awkward since our old Mondeo's MOT runs out in July. Local dealers were quoting 12 weeks delivery but one had found a single example hundreds of miles away.

Then when we went to do the deal, and start negotiating a loan car to bridge the gap or a transfer of that model, our dealer had a car in their compound, which hadn't been there a week before. RESULT! It's silver, which I wouldn't have chosen if I'd been ordering from scratch, but we're delighted to have a physical car confirmed and on the way.

Why did Skoda provide all the dealers with SE+ estates with the low-spec 1.2 engine, rather than the TSI?

Anyway, looking forward to getting the car in a few weeks. First new car we've had so will make a change from our previous old cars.

............. Anyone getting "it's been sitting at the docks since May" is being fed a load of **** by their dealer. Customs only have a finite amount of space and they can't be doing with loads of cars and vans taking up room!

Didn't know about this Schedule 10/20/30 thing though, will give my dealer a shout in the morning...

Best Regards,

Andy

Andy - Cars sometimes get damaged during transit. Dealers might be saying "it's been sitting at the docks...." whereas in reality the car may well be being repaired somewhere. The fact is Skoda/Delivery companies and your dealer will want the car paid for asap. So if your dealer says it's been sitting somewhere, make sure you check it properly :thumbup:

The "schedule" numbers you refer to are codes used by Skoda to signify the various build stages. AFAIK 10 means a build week has been allocated. 20 means the build week is confirmed, not sure about 30 but I'd guess that means the car is actually in production.

Going back to my Greenline II Estate again...

I've been calling my dealer regularly for updates and today the car has gone from "unknown" to build week 28!!!

I actually went into the dealership on Friday for a polite chat. Interesting to see the cars floating in the system (usually where people have cancelled orders.) The dealership guessed that, particularly for the Greenline II Estate, there may be an incredibly large order from some plc being dealt with at the factory and this is upsetting things. I came away with the following conclusions:

If you want to get a Fabia quickly, go for a hatchback and a conventional engine/gearbox. Factory-fit options and colour won't have much impact on build time. And estate, Greenline engine and/or DSG will slow things up considerably.

For other models, Roomsters are as rare as rocking horse **** with Greenline ones even rarer! Octavia and Yeti supply seems more steady from what I saw.

* My Top Tip * don't ever order anything to be built! Just check in with your dealer from week to week and see what's floating around in the system. I passed up the chance of cancelling the Fabia order and swapping for a Greenline II Roomster... however, it was in red :giggle: Seriously, if you can put up with red there are usually loads of different models floating about as nobody will touch em :smirk:

One other thing: your dealer has absolutely no control of the factory and the build dates they issue. Neither does Skoda UK, they *may* be able to suggest, influence or badger the factory over orders but ultimately they can't *order* them to make a particular car.

Anyhoo, as mentioned by previous posters, I hope the delivery of my car will be 2-3 weeks after the build date. This is the usual time for customs to check paperwork, etc. Anyone getting "it's been sitting at the docks since May" is being fed a load of **** by their dealer. Customs only have a finite amount of space and they can't be doing with loads of cars and vans taking up room!

Best Regards,

Andy

Andy you are Sooooo right about the dealer and SUK having no control over build dates etc. They are being dicked around like the rest of us hapless folks who thought ordering a car to our spec was a good idea (over 6 months ago)~....... never again!

Just had an order update........

Now week 43 up from week 44. week 43 is last week in October.

Ordered April 10th, but requested delivery after October 1st.

Now looking at delivery mid November.

2012 model candy white vrs, black wheels, climate, storage, elec rear windows, armrest.