Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

VRS White with Black Alloys

inc rear parking sensors, pax security box, Arms rests

Ordered Apr 2011 Told end of Sept 2011 !!!

Why are they so late in delivering the orders? I cant believe we have to wait so long for new cars it doesn't make sense.

I've been on to Skoda Customer Care (do they?) and been told that there's nothing that can be done to bring forward my build date. I got a load of scripted waffle about how important my order was, how they're factory is working at maximum capacity and how thay are plagued by various component shortages. Hang on, if they've got component supply problems how can they be working at maximum capacity? That's what I mean by waffle.

They called me a day later to advise they'd found a similar car (as per my order but different colour) currently with a dealer in England. However, it was then up to me to cancel my current order and negotiate all over again with this new dealer. Unfortunately he could not come anywhere close to my agreed price so I'm considering cancelling and going elsewhere.

I believe Skoda has a fantastic product here but it doesn't matter how good it is if they can't deliver it.

HV

A good friend of mine works for Rolls Royce.

His role is to ensure the correct parts arrive at the correct place during each build stage and is familiar with suppliers falling-short of their contracts. Obviously it's a bit different i.e. bespoke hand-built car versus mass-production, but the theory is fundamentaly the same - the production output is only as strong as the weakest supply of a given part otherwise the whole process lags behind, or, worst-case-scenario, halts completely. If the source of the problem is component shortage then a manufacturer should be able to call upon secondary (or tertiary) suppliers at almost immediate notice to the point that production does not waiver in any way at all.

Clearly they have things pinned-down at RR a bit more as my friend said I should have ordered a Phantom as I would have had it delivered by now! (ordered the vRS in early April).

Interesting posts in this thread.

I visited a dealer today who told me people who had ordered in March (!) were likely to get cars in September... but that if I ordered in the next week there was a chance I'd have it by mid October.

Sounds like whatever problems they had, its being sorted out now as they push through the backlog

Interesting posts in this thread.

I visited a dealer today who told me people who had ordered in March (!) were likely to get cars in September... but that if I ordered in the next week there was a chance I'd have it by mid October.

Sounds like whatever problems they had, its being sorted out now as they push through the backlog

Sorry, but think you're being fed a fishy line there. I ordered Fabia vRS 1st June, despite regular contact still no build date but told still expecting 1st Nov delivery by dealer & Skoda UK (not holding my breath). Also dealer said if I ordered now at least 6 month wait

Only thig I can think is they've a customer cancelled order which they're still having built?

Well today all the bits and pieces

should be on or approaching the assembly line

For the build of our

Fabia 1.2 dsg se option 2 pack with reverse sensor maxidot

Fag pack(mrs t) arm rest spare wheel cappachino (mrs t)

Mfd radio(i pod thingy) delivery sept sometime

Ordered jan 15 threatened delivery april 15

Then week 21 stayed at 34for couple of months

Build confirmed by skoda uk will be this week

Seeing how my luck has run it ll be built friday

Miss the train then the boat and transporter

And be delayed this side by everyone that can

Probably just me thinking the worst

I ordered my 1.2tsi 86 estate se with curtain airbags, front fog lights, met anthracite grey, spare wheel, mats, flaps, black side strips on 25th June and was told in early august that it was set for build week 36. CAlled the dealer today and told it is being built week 35 now and should be ready for collection in mid September. I am incredibly happy with just a 12 week wait or so as the dealer estimated 12 weeks when I ordered. I may be a lucky case among you poor guys waiting nearly 12 months in some cases.

Hi

I orderd my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2tsi (105HP) with all equitment.

Order date: 08/08/2011

Estimated delivery date: late december 2011 (5 Months!!!)

THATS a long time waiting for my new car.

Regards

Joten

Hi

I orderd my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2tsi (105HP) with all equitment.

Order date: 08/08/2011

Estimated delivery date: late december 2011 (5 Months!!!)

THATS a long time waiting for my new car.

Regards

Joten

5 months? thats not long time waiting..

when late december 2011 comes u get an e-mail from your dealer that says your car has moved to the black hole.

Guess june 2012 for you..

They just dont tell u the true becouse they dont want u to cancel yet! after 5 months they tell u a new lie about the famous "build-date"..

PS, ask your dealer to setup a contract that says if u dont get your car within 5 months u get the car for half price..

guess what the dealer says then? something like this I guess.. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Sorry, but think you're being fed a fishy line there. I ordered Fabia vRS 1st June, despite regular contact still no build date but told still expecting 1st Nov delivery by dealer & Skoda UK (not holding my breath). Also dealer said if I ordered now at least 6 month wait

Only thig I can think is they've a customer cancelled order which they're still having built?

After another update of no build date yet, the dealer contacted Retailer support (presume that is Skoda UK) despite no update on the dealer system, the car is due to be built next week, so should be here in 4 weeks time. Not 100% convinced yet, but definately a step in the right direction

5 months? thats not long time waiting..

when late december 2011 comes u get an e-mail from your dealer that says your car has moved to the black hole.

Guess june 2012 for you..

They just dont tell u the true becouse they dont want u to cancel yet! after 5 months they tell u a new lie about the famous "build-date"..

PS, ask your dealer to setup a contract that says if u dont get your car within 5 months u get the car for half price..

guess what the dealer says then? something like this I guess.. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

That was my point. 5 months isnt that long time, like you say, but i wont take 5 months, im thinking more like 8 or 9 months.

''guess what the dealer says then? something like this I guess.. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"''

True true

Edited by joten

Woops! I've reposted my rant in the Octavia owners section - Sorry for trespassing in the Fabia section!

Reading through some of these posts, it seems it's not just Fabia issues, so here's my two posts regarding my delay experience....

One - I ordered an Octavia Estate 1.8 TSI L&K DSG on 9th February 2011 with several optional extras (sunroof, privacy glass, phone prep & wheel, silver roof rails) with an estimated delivery of mid-May - Had a call from the dealer today and my car hasn't made it onto his latest build week list which runs to week 43 now - Apparently plenty of DSG-equipped vehicles are getting through too so that component isn't the cause of the delay, despite what I was told by SUK - Looking increasingly likely that I won't get my car in 2011! - vRS I'm trading in for it runs out of MOT in January so will be interesting to see if dealer will meet the cost of that if new car still not available - Will update nearer the time - Something has certainly gone wrong at Skoda this year though - This'll be my 4th brand new one (2002 Fabia Estate, 2003 Octavia L&K TDI 130 Estate & 2010 Yeti Elegance TDI 170 previous orders) and I've never waited more than 14 weeks for a car - Strange times...

Two - 28 weeks later and I still haven't got a build date - Have been getting fortnightly updates from Will at SUK but he hasn't been able to give me anything concrete regarding a build date so far - Availability of DSG boxes was mentioned again in the last call as a likely cause of delay so I can only assume that the factory is prioritising Fabia vRS's over my car as I note on the forum that their buyers are getting delivery dates - Would like to think I'll still get the car this year but losing confidence by the day - Does anyone know a definite release date for the Mark 3 Octavia in the UK? Would assume at least 2013? - Hopefully will have at least one year driving the current model! - Call me old-fashioned, but it shouldn't take less time to have a baby than it does to build and delivery a car??? 12 weeks to go until that theory goes to pot!!!

Reading through some of these posts, it seems it's not just Fabia issues, so here's my two posts regarding my delay experience....

One - I ordered an Octavia Estate 1.8 TSI L&K DSG on 9th February 2011 with several optional extras (sunroof, privacy glass, phone prep & wheel, silver roof rails) with an estimated delivery of mid-May - Had a call from the dealer today and my car hasn't made it onto his latest build week list which runs to week 43 now - Apparently plenty of DSG-equipped vehicles are getting through too so that component isn't the cause of the delay, despite what I was told by SUK - Looking increasingly likely that I won't get my car in 2011! - vRS I'm trading in for it runs out of MOT in January so will be interesting to see if dealer will meet the cost of that if new car still not available - Will update nearer the time - Something has certainly gone wrong at Skoda this year though - This'll be my 4th brand new one (2002 Fabia Estate, 2003 Octavia L&K TDI 130 Estate & 2010 Yeti Elegance TDI 170 previous orders) and I've never waited more than 14 weeks for a car - Strange times...

Two - 28 weeks later and I still haven't got a build date - Have been getting fortnightly updates from Will at SUK but he hasn't been able to give me anything concrete regarding a build date so far - Availability of DSG boxes was mentioned again in the last call as a likely cause of delay so I can only assume that the factory is prioritising Fabia vRS's over my car as I note on the forum that their buyers are getting delivery dates - Would like to think I'll still get the car this year but losing confidence by the day - Does anyone know a definite release date for the Mark 3 Octavia in the UK? Would assume at least 2013? - Hopefully will have at least one year driving the current model! - Call me old-fashioned, but it shouldn't take less time to have a baby than it does to build and delivery a car??? 12 weeks to go until that theory goes to pot!!!

skoda uk covered the cost of mot and service on my mx5

also £300 m&s vouchers or towards spend at skoda

£459 in total just a shame the £300 dosnt come off the car

mines on the build track this week

Update to my order: (ordered July 18th)

1 week ago called salesman and was informed that the provisional build date was end of October. Not too bad I thought.

Today I thought I'd give Skoda UK a ring. Nice CS lady told me my car was down for build week 4.........2012, and that could still slip! :no:

I didn't mind a 4-5 month wait but don't know if I could wait till March or beyond for delivery.

The real kicker for me is that other cars I was looking at like the DS3, A1, and Polo had long lead times 6-12 months ago but now only have 6-12 week waits..............

Think I'll be going in to have a word with the salesman about the possibility of cancelling, sadly...............

For Skoda, I hope they have plans in place to build or expand their factories to cope with current orders and the multiple new models that are due out over the next year or two.

Update to my order: (ordered July 18th)

1 week ago called salesman and was informed that the provisional build date was end of October. Not too bad I thought.

Today I thought I'd give Skoda UK a ring. Nice CS lady told me my car was down for build week 4.........2012, and that could still slip! :no:

I didn't mind a 4-5 month wait but don't know if I could wait till March or beyond for delivery.

The real kicker for me is that other cars I was looking at like the DS3, A1, and Polo had long lead times 6-12 months ago but now only have 6-12 week waits..............

Think I'll be going in to have a word with the salesman about the possibility of cancelling, sadly...............

For Skoda, I hope they have plans in place to build or expand their factories to cope with current orders and the multiple new models that are due out over the next year or two.

Im sorry to hear that, hope you and the salesman come to an agreement and u not canceling your order.

Im sorry to hear that, hope you and the salesman come to an agreement and u not canceling your order.

Unfortunately, I don't think the salesman can do anything about the situation. When I first enquired about ordering a vRS he was very downbeat about the delay's TBH.

Also I have been doing research on other VW group cars and have found for example one guy ordered a Scirocco 1.4 TSI DSG (same engine/gearbox as vRS) with options at the end of march and took delivery in under 12 weeks.

I really get the feeling VW have put their foot down and have told Skoda they'll have to wait for components.

I called into my Dealer today to find out who was handling my order now my salesman has left.

I asked for a confirmation of the build week been 34 (I had my doubts that was really going to be official), he went on the system and not only did it confirm week 34 but that it was also cleared for the docks!

So... 2-3 weeks and it will be with me! I made a little tent when I got told.

Had my 2 weekly update, spot on as usual, not missed one yet.

Been pushed back again from build week 44 to week 47, and i know exactly why..............I GOT EXCITED THAT IT WAS GETTING CLOSE!!

At one point apparently it fell into next year, not really a happy bunny.

Ordered 27th April......

Candy white VRS, Black wheels, Climatronic, Elec rear windows, Armrest, Storage boxes, Glasses storage, Mats and Safeguard protection.

A quick question, can I track the whereabouts of my car with the order confirmation number my dealer gave me? It's due to be built some point this week but wondered if there was a tracking system similar to a dhl parcel or royal mail where it tells you it's on the van etc.

update got a call from the dealer car is now going to be built in week 37 (12th september), this down from week 45 (7th november), good news for a change and for those that dont know i ordered my fabia vrs estate with black paint black wheels and no options in week 10 (7th march). hopefully have it first or second week of october.

Edited by captain mainwaring