Whats this on my dash?

Temperature sensor for climate control.

Though I read in the manual that the sensor was on the aircon control panel somewhere. That would also make more sense than having it by the screen where it would be exposed to full sunshine, or ice in winter.

Its the sunlight sensor I think. When the sun shines onto your car the fan will go up one notch to compensate, when its in the shade you'll notice it will drop back down a notch.

Edited by Dexterous

As far as i know its a light sensor, its what picks up changes in light that make your speedo needles glow when you are in the shade or in a underground carpark....but then again i could be wrong!! :)

K:)

As far as i know its a light sensor, its what picks up changes in light that make your speedo needles glow when you are in the shade or in a underground carpark....but then again i could be wrong!! :)

K:)

Easy to test, just cover it with something and see what happens to the lights.

Light sensor is behind the rear view mirror,and the one on the dash is the climatronic heat sensor, as mine yesterday put the fan on full with the aircon as it was redhot inside with the sun on the car all day. cheers - Stuart

I wondered the same and had assumed it was a sensor for the remote central locking. Would be interested in the definitive answer and no doubt somebody on here will have it !

Ah! But therein lies the problem! Which of the many different ideas is it?

For my 2 penn'orth it is one of the sensors for the dual zone climate control. There is another on the control panel ( a small shiney button). The one in the picture measures the strength of sunlight entering the car and adjusts the temperature and flow of the incoming air accordingly.

My guess is that it is a blanking panel and in the UK there is nothing under it.....

surely its the flux capacitor easy to test change time and date in car and find somewhere to legally do 88mph

Just checked on ETKA,it is called a sun sensor,option code 9AK ( Climatronic with impact pressure control free of cfc ),so it looks like it's got something to do with the climatronic A/C.Mine's got a manual a/c and has got just a blanking plate so it could do with the climatronic ...

Edited by 110ivan