New Octavia Brochure available to download.

The vrs optional alcantera for £100 looks promising

I noticed that too - I expected them to be more expensive - in the pictures I saw they did look good but I still think the leather will be more durable.

Also mentions "carbon look fascia inserts" - sounds a bit Halfrauds to me, but I suppose it helps to differentiate the vRS from the rest of the range. Would love to see how authentic it looks.

Edited by Statto

Also appears that you can not get heated seats on the VRS anymore or maybe I just missed the option. I assume the £100 'upgrade' is just turning the light coloured material to a dark colour and red stitching and nothing else.

Nice to see that they show left hand drive cars all over the brochure. Other manufacturers have the decency to acknowledge right hand drive markets by showing right hand drive cars in their brochure, so why can't Skoda?

Also appears that you can not get heated seats on the VRS anymore or maybe I just missed the option. I assume the £100 'upgrade' is just turning the light coloured material to a dark colour and red stitching and nothing else.

I think this maybe popular for £100 as oppose to the standard light colour

Nice to see that they show left hand drive cars all over the brochure. Other manufacturers have the decency to acknowledge right hand drive markets by showing right hand drive cars in their brochure, so why can't Skoda?

That is something that has p'ed me off for a while too but if you look carefully, all the external shots are right hand drive it is just the interior pics that are left hand drive.

I noticed the 2ltr 110PS diesel I wonder how well that will go and if there will be any turbo issues with it

Possibly brought it out as I think the 1.6PS is a bit under powered and there thinking is they will sell more of the 110PS models

I noticed the 2ltr 110PS diesel I wonder how well that will go and if there will be any turbo issues with it

Possibly brought it out as I think the 1.6PS is a bit under powered and there thinking is they will sell more of the 110PS models

The 2.0l 110ps is available in India since quite a while now..

But the thing with this is that you only get a 110 ps one with the manual box ... If you go for the same spec with a DSG .. U automatically get 2.0L 140 ps...

Haven't heard of any issues as of yet !

That is something that has p'ed me off for a while too but if you look carefully, all the external shots are right hand drive it is just the interior pics that are left hand drive.

That is true. Why they couldn't have just "flipped" the interior shots, to give the impression of the interior of a right hand driver, I have no idea.

Been having a think about the new "carbon look fascia inserts", and wondered if piano black inserts (a la Golf R) would have looked smarter. At least there wouldn't be any fakeness about them. I'm sure a member on here has actually replaced there brushed silver effect inserts with some, and it looked smart, I recall.

Been having a think about the new "carbon look fascia inserts", and wondered if piano black inserts (a la Golf R) would have looked smarter. At least there wouldn't be any fakeness about them. I'm sure a member on here has actually replaced there brushed silver effect inserts with some, and it looked smart, I recall.

Not sure you would get the Piano Black as that is a (Nice)feature of the L&K. Yes there is a write up of someone retro fitting them.

Simon

Not sure you would get the Piano Black as that is a (Nice)feature of the L&K. Yes there is a write up of someone retro fitting them.

Simon

piano black finish with yellow stiching & inserts.....

pianoblackfinish.jpg

Edited by JR RS

Another photo with the steering wheel on the wrong side :rofl:

The Wheel on the wrong side is only part of the problem.....

YUK!

Edited by SBirch

Noticed there -

"Independent heating for diesel engines*"

Nice! I'd be looking for that if they offered it in the Irish model.

What is that? Is there some kind of water heater that you connect to the mains or something? Or is it a ceramic heater for warm air from start?

Edit:

"Independent heating allows the driver to begin heating up the car

by remote control so frosty windows can clear without scraping."

But still don't know if that heating up is done by starting the car, or by using other means?

Edited by Dodgy

I would imagine that is a heating element in the heater in the car so as to blow warm air into the car before the engine is started. I also notice that the brochure now lists a towbar as an option, factory fit I presume, for £365 including single electrics, I wonder if that includes the coding.

Ian

i noticed the cargo volume has increased by 20-30 litres in both estate & hatch - is that correct!?!?

estate before = 585 / 1620 litres

estate this brochure = 605 / 1655 litres

hatch before = 565 / 1420 litres

hatch this brochure = 585 /1455 litres

wats the deal there?!?!?

front & rear legrooms haven't changed, neither has the floorlength.

where did this extra space come from? or the australian brochures have had it wrong the whole time!!!

Edited by JR RS

The vrs optional alcantera for £100 looks promising - looks like it gets rid of the silver muck magnets?

Anyone seen a picture of the full thing?

Agree!

My order is getting changed this morning from onyx to these.

It gets built this month so I'm hoping I'm not too late.

If the 2.0l TDi 110bhp is the same as I had in my 59 Passat - it's a good engine and did 55 -60 mpg. I haven't noticed that much difference between that and 1.6TDi Octavia (but then I think the Octavia is lighter.).

Would the independent heater be like the Webasto diesel heater that was used on the VW Tourans (that didn't have a remote option though!) that burnt diesel to warm the engine up quicker. The problem with those is when it was really cold you'd get a smoke exiting from under the car as the diesel was burnt. It put the wind up some owners!