What made you choose your username?

grr666

My username evolved from an old nickname that an old group of friends called me. It started as jeffro, then jefferoo, then rooboy and finally roo.

I've used either rooboy or variations on roo (when just roo has been taken) on forums for nearly 15 years.

• Like 1

I came to the site while I was looking for a Yeti, and as I said in my Hello thread:  " My name isn't Howard and I'm not from Bury, but I've borrowed the name of the guy who led the 1921 Everest expedition to try and find the Yeti,   Charles Howard-Bury  " I've now found one and am just getting used to it, but I guess the name will do me fine.

Peter (real name)

Edited by HowardBury
  • Love it! 1

I used to play online game. With over 100.000.000 registered accounts, chances for your usual login to be available are equal to zero! 

I could pick John56474228785655 etc. but it's not the point.  Then my wife told to use our street name and there you go! I'm Lyminton now! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The present Skoda logo is made up of a North American Indian arrow with three feathers attached.

https://heritage.skoda-auto.com/en/logo-evolution/winged-arrow/

AG is the symbol for Silver.

Falco is the latin genus name for Falcon, a small bird of pray.

The feathers a North American Indian would use would be from a bird of pray.

I have a Silver Small Skoda Fabia.

On another Forum I am Ailurus Lapis because I have a ?

5 hours ago, AGFalco said:

The present Skoda logo is made up of a North American Indian arrow with three feathers attached.

https://heritage.skoda-auto.com/en/logo-evolution/winged-arrow/

AG is the symbol for Silver.

Falco is the latin genus name for Falcon, a small bird of pray.

The feathers a North American Indian would use would be from a bird of pray.

I have a Silver Small Skoda Fabia.

1st choice a Fiat panda?

2nd choice a Alfa?

I done a google search and it came up with a panda and something to do with final fantasy the twin serpent.

My username, came about as I was fed up of using my other username I had for various forums, and I was looking at a Skoda at the time back in April 2007, so I registered as Skodaboy and the year I was born 1983, made a couple of posts and logged off until September 2007 when I took the plunge and bought my first Skoda.

Davy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AGFalco said:

My Latin is a bit rusty ... so, on first glance - I thought you had a sick rabbit ! 

Ok - I'm outta here !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Isnt the current Skoda logo a nod to Skoda a nod to the sighting instrument they make/made for a bow?

Not to take from your username ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Time to come clean. The last time I was shy was probably when I was 4 years old. That would be last week then. Anyone who really knows me will tell you I never shut up, have a very dry sense of humour and but in when someone else is talking:dry: if I find the conversation boring.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Whats the story behind OFFSKI changing to SKOFFSKI?

My user name is allegedly 

one chosen by my Belgian grandmother - which my mother declined as being too foreign.:blush:

• Like 2