The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Some non-Yeti RS content.

My original Yeti still impresses.

Over three years I've had this now...

43k miles, got a few stone chips.  But still comes up nice and is a good drive.  Great car.

BMxSGn.jpg

5xQ9mC.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

this Yeti is immense i got to alot of ford shows and stuff and people always talk about this car from diff track days they have done truly unique great work mate.

• Like 1

this Yeti is immense i got to alot of ford shows and stuff and people always talk about this car from diff track days they have done truly unique great work mate.

Thanks, appreciated. :)

I had to laugh. Some of the comments are funny too. If some of those commenting are as good as they talk, why aren't they driving touring cars. Some folk just take funny way too seriously.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Love this car ... the in-car reactions from the track videos are just hilarious (it's also great that they are prepared to post them up on the internet!).

I think you might have to change the colour, or the numberplate, or both, to preserve it's Sleeper factor.

• Like 1

Richard, there was a guy building a 700bhp TTRS on an audi forum, I'm sure he was having synchros built for his car, http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ttrs-project-750hp.160466/ might be worth messaging him? 

Thank you for the link.

Have just spoken to JDR and they are working with the owner of that car to find a solution.

Not sure the finished product is ready yet, but an alternative they have found looks like diesel parts as there is a Toureg that uses the same gearbox casing.  Apparently.

• Like 3

Touareg didnt have a manual gearbox and it is mounted lengthwise. (a 6 speed automatic. The newer 4.2 diesel have the 8 speed auto box)

The strongest transverse mounted manuals are the ones in the TT RS.

There is no stronger diesel than the new 190bhp engine with a manual.

The 240bhp Passat only comes with the 7 speed DSG as in the TT RS.

This is as far as my knowledge goes.

Maybe you could use the fancy gearbox made for the Citigogo?

Does that mean we now get to see a 700hp Yeti then?!?! :)

It's a possibility.

Some people have used the GTX turbo to obtain 650-700bhp.

The 5 pot engine is quite impressive and build properly it can be done.

However, I don't want to go chasing numbers and lose drivability by shortening the powerband too much.

Touareg didnt have a manual gearbox and it is mounted lengthwise. (a 6 speed automatic. The newer 4.2 diesel have the 8 speed auto box)

The strongest transverse mounted manuals are the ones in the TT RS.

There is no stronger diesel than the new 190bhp engine with a manual.

The 240bhp Passat only comes with the 7 speed DSG as in the TT RS.

This is as far as my knowledge goes.

Maybe you could use the fancy gearbox made for the Citigogo?

The Citigo box has been considered, but I want to keep the Yeti a fun drive rather than the sequential box which is more about speed and racing.

Being VAG some of the gearboxes do share components, including internals between some DSG and Manuals apparently.

The guy running big power has eaten 5 gearboxes already.  The Yeti has now eaten 2.  There will be a solution soon as more people have problems.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Put a set of the new Toyo 888R on today, ready for Bedford tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how they go.

Look like the old 888, but with a central goove all the way round.

• Like 3

Take a pressure gauge with you. Do a couple of laps and than readjust the pressures to your liking.

Dont know what warm pressure these a driven, but we always adjusted the pressures to the track this way.

(we knew we had to have a warm pressure of 2.0 bar. Going over this, destroyed the tyres)

You only have to find out, which pressure would suit the Yeti best.

• Like 2

That is the same what I read about the 888s in Germany too.

Especially heavier (and more powerful) cars dont suit the 888s well.

The more powerful cars do run well on the michelins or the newer pirellis. Dont know what price they have though!

• Like 2

It was a great day! Yeti performed brilliantly and Richard drove like the devil was chasing him LOL. And the amount of people staring at the Yeti and having to come up and talk to Richard had to be seen to be believed. It is still the ultimate sleeper as no one expects a car like that to be so quick!

• Like 1

Amazing as ever Richard. The thing I find most impressive other than the whole build itself is the way the yeti can slow down. In that lat video I was watching the rate of the the needle when on the brakes...impressive

• Like 1