The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

No, but we have a few options.

The stronger synchro is now going into production and an upgraded gear set is looking likely next year too.

JDR are happy they can sort it.

It only needs to handle a bit more torque.

It's currently 500bhp/470lb/ft.

Most likely it'll end up with 700bhp/580lb'ft or thereabouts.  Guesstimate!

JDR seemed like a really good bunch at Snetterton. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Great philosophy and one I apply to everything in life, shame the spinal tap reference will be lost on most of the younger members but essentially if its broke don't just fix it make it exponentially better so you see some benefit from having the pain of fixing.

I must be getting old, I thought that going up to 11 is what Marshall Stacks were made for........  

DC

Sorry to hear about your car Richard, I guess at the end of the day it will cost you more to fix than mine. Shame! Although yours will end up being better than it started out, which is unbelievable. Good luck.

I guess this is where "that which does not kill us makes us stronger" is appropriate.  :thumbup:

Do you think tire walls can make you stronger? :D

• Like 2

Engine all checked and the good news is no block scoring, meaning this block can be used for the forged engine which saves a few ££££.

zLMmXv.jpg

This is what was floating about in the oil...

cdzaal.jpg

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 2

Wow that's looking a little worse for wear. Glad it's not written the engine off though. What turbo were you going with to get the new power?

It's a bit of a secret currently as it's just finishing development.

• Like 4

Richard, when I see the picture with the broke piston rings, it's hard to believe that the cylinder surface is intact.

Otherwise the solution is to bore to 83mm (Wössner pistons) eq. 2510cc.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about this Richard, but it mean the yeti RS is about to be a RSR and this in only a good thing lol.

Thanks for letting me hAve some brake fluid at snetterton, was meaning to have come and have a proper chat with you but serious problems with the car meant I had to shot off to unit 18 before it closed.

Looking forward to when the cars fully working again.