VCDS Adaptations. How do I ..........

Gizmo

16 minutes ago, MrMoonWhite said:

Tried the Audi throttle adaption and got "Request rejected" anyone else got this? I got a MY2018. 

The other thing is the foglights as coming/leaving home, did not get any sense of that coding in the "tried and tested" thread. Does something miss in that guide? 

Video in motion, is that described anywhere?? 

Thanks for input! 

Personally I have not had an issue with the Audi coding, but others have mentioned it, whether that is user error (shouldn’t be as it is one of the easiest codings to do) or some cars will not take it , or hooky cables being used remains to be cleared up.

All covered the rest are in here:

1 minute ago, MrMoonWhite said:

I checked that Tried and tested thread you are linking to, but it looks to me as some screenshots are missing because it doesnt add up? :o

This is down to photobucket now charging to use photos on forums... never going to happen, it is something I will try to get round to rectifying when I get time... but it is quite low on my list :blush

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrMoonWhite said:

Video in motion, is that described anywhere?? 

VCDS cannot do this but VCP can (providing the ‘VIM add on’ has been purchased)

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

VCDS cannot do this but VCP can (providing the ‘VIM add on’ has been purchased)

Video in motion can be enabled also with obdEleven (at a cheaper price)

4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

This is down to photobucket now charging to use photos on forums... never going to happen, it is something I will try to get round to rectifying when I get time... but it is quite low on my list :blush

I totally understand the Photobucket matter! But, do you have the opportunity to check what you wrote regarding the fog lights as beeing coming/leaving home and make a "flash" edit? :)

Thanks!

13 hours ago, MrMoonWhite said:

I totally understand the Photobucket matter! But, do you have the opportunity to check what you wrote regarding the fog lights as beeing coming/leaving home and make a "flash" edit? :)

Thanks!

Updated from my note book... see if that is better?

23 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Personally I have not had an issue with the Audi coding, but others have mentioned it, whether that is user error (shouldn’t be as it is one of the easiest codings to do) or some cars will not take it , or hooky cables being used remains to be cleared up.

I tried the Audi coding - and the ABS and ACC all threw a wobbler about not being able to communicate with the engine ECU so reverted back to normal coding. Had to then cycle the ignition twice before the fault codes in the ABS and ACC would clear.

This is on a 2015 1.4TSI Elegance.

On 8.10.2017 at 11:29, Gizmo said:

Updated from my note book... see if that is better?

Do you have the ENG codes for the "fog lights as coming/leaving home" ? Could not find the right one I think? It did not allow me to change it.

Martin, thanks for the VCDS changes at Cosford. I would like to change my DRLs setting. Currently the rear lights come on too as well as the front fog DRLs as you set instead of Xenons. How do I stop the rear and no plate  lights coming on. I believe there is a North American or European setting somewhere ?

On 12/10/2017 at 19:17, MrMoonWhite said:

Do you have the ENG codes for the "fog lights as coming/leaving home" ? Could not find the right one I think? It did not allow me to change it.

Did you put in the security access code (31347) before going into adaptations?

Once in adaptations use the search facility otherwise the security access code will time out and will need to be put back in again.

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Gav, you would need VCDS to make that change (if it is possible?)

With some guidance on how, was hoping to locate a local and willing person. All steps and advice gratefully received. 

Hi. Wondering if anyone could tell me if the following is possible. When the ignition is turned on, the DRL fade in and when the ignition is turned off, they fade out. My neighbour has a CLA as his DRLs do this. Looks a bit smarter than mine which turn on instantly. My car in question is a 2017 Mk3 Octavia vRS Facelift. 

Ive had a search but to no avail. All results return DRL dim with indicator, which is something different. I’m probably not using the correct search terms. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys im new to this section and just asking what is the code to change my Roomster from Selective locking to all door unlocking ?

Ive seen on the forum that it might be change to an odd number? 

as in my vehicle is  Address 46 Cent conv. with coding of 00018 now do i change it to 00019 to unselect selective locking ???

any help please

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if its possible to use fog lights as DRL's on a Citigo? I'd also like to have the side lights on, I've seen it done on other VAG cars, but not on the Citigo.

Hi guys

could somebody help me please , I have Skoda Superb mk3 L&K 190.

I was trying to do some coding with some success but I think I missed something on the others 

When car in reverse gear I cant see park assist sensors visuals on my Columbus screen.

I am able to hear them and mirror is folding as well just not visuals. I was trying to put all setting back according history log ons from OBDeleven app but without success.

Another thing is my Park assist is giving me message currently not available, I have checked distance from curb, I put everything back as it used to be and nothing as well.

Did somebody has similar issue.

Please see attached pics and history log ons (old volumes are back) not on pics.

Thank you

history.txt

Screenshot_20171116-145834.png

Screenshot_20171116-145854.png

Screenshot_20171116-150323.png

@hubo1173

What changes have YOU physically changed and what has the app done?

I ask because in the history there are MANY changes that really should not have been touched as they should have been activated (or not able to be coded as there is hardware missing from the car) just one example (of several):

Long coding
    Control unit: 6D Deck Lid Control Unit
    Values: 
        Button for closing and locking in the rear lid: 
            Old value: not installed
            New value: installed
    Mileage: 30513 km
    Date: 2017-10-26 07:23

This is a std fitment on a UK L&K....

Not sure which other ones do you mean but most of them I guess.  those ones on history. Some of them i just tried and then changed them back straight away  

Edited by hubo1173

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2017 at 21:12, Gizmo said:

My MY18 Superb does not show 01b for Bit 0-1. It shows 100b for Bit 0-2, though VCDS in drop down only shows 01 - Skoda/VW, and 02-Audi as options. Has the coding changed ? Thanks.

image.png

Edited by RitB