VCDS Adaptations. How do I ..........

Gizmo

On 26/11/2018 at 18:01, PetrolDave said:

@Jeppaa a HEX-CAN cable on a MY19 car will probably not be able to access all modules (except maybe on poverty spec cars), and will return incomplete diagnostics on others.

I finally had time to try this and I can confirm that HEX-CAN cable from ROSS TECH is not able to communicate with -19 Kodiaq modules. I can log in but I cannot read or modify anything.

I asked around and found a guy who has HEX-NET dongle and once I have time, we'll try to enable the lane assist. So far I'm not able to confirm the channel where my front camera is located.

For some reason I was not able to find the Suberb / Octavia walk through from this forum (that Gizmo referred to) so could one of you post me the direct link, please?

1 hour ago, Jeppaa said:

I finally had time to try this and I can confirm that HEX-CAN cable from ROSS TECH is not able to communicate with -19 Kodiaq modules. I can log in but I cannot read or modify anything.

I asked around and found a guy who has HEX-NET dongle and once I have time, we'll try to enable the lane assist. So far I'm not able to confirm the channel where my front camera is located.

The camera needed is under controller 'A5'

1 hour ago, Jeppaa said:

For some reason I was not able to find the Suberb / Octavia walk through from this forum (that Gizmo referred to) so could one of you post me the direct link, please?

Colin had a tidy up a while ago and some of them are found in here:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tezaman said:

Anyone here with Lane assist camera ?

Can someone please tell me of Karoq uses 

3Q0980654H H07

or

3Q0980654H H06

?

In the UK the A5 camera is:

3Q0 980 654 A

Any reason why you have Byte 5 ticked?

The coding above looks correct, have you or a previous owner done any coding on the car with OBDEleven? (this is known to mess about with some codings)

So what is your current Byte 0 code, 00?

Personally I would re-tick Bit 1 and Bit 2, power the car down completely (locked for a minute or so) then turn them back off again, re-power the car down and try again.

It shouldn’t make any difference but it has been know to activate codings before

Edited by Gizmo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd like to retrofit the "Driver Alert System" on my Superb Mk III MY2017 (almost MY2018). It's a French version (not very sure it could have an influence, but still better to precise, just in cas... ;)). Does anyone know how to proceed?

I've searched for months, but didn't find something enough detailed nor described.

Thanks for your help, guys!

:hi:

On 13/01/2019 at 07:55, Bap33 said:

I'd like to retrofit the "Driver Alert System" on my Superb Mk III MY2017 (almost MY2018).

I think you'll need to purchase a FeC/SWaP code and have a dealer activate it: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?11985-Fatigue-Detection-in-2016-Golf

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried to fit LED blinker py21 bulb and reverse light py21 bulb (on octavia III MY2015) and code using VCDS in order not to display error and for blinker to to flash rapidly?

I would like my 2018 Karoq Edition to have a couple of features enabled using the appropriate software. I asked my local Skoda dealer but they're typically unhelpful with doing this kind of thing - although they did enable the needle sweeps for me during its first service. I don’t have the kit or the know-how so I was wondering if anyone here in the Midlands might be able to activate the following two things for me?

Increase the power of the Air Conditioning (cabin temperature is not as cool as I would like).
Activate the Lock/Unlock Acoustic Confirmation Chirps.

Please message me if you can oblige and what I would owe you for this. Thanks!  Kevin (Wolverhampton)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I have a MY19 Superb 206 (280) with virtual cockpit. In the view that has the large centred tacho there is a power/kw bar to the left which gives the current power reading (and max is 206kw). Is there a way I could change this to boost with OBDeleven? It seems this part of the virtual cockpit can not be customised through the vehicle settings on Columbus.

• 3 weeks later...

Good day Skoda guys,

Recently I've got facelift SuperB, 3T, end of 2013 production.

Got some nice time while making some small but nice changes with VCDS. Some issues what i've faced - without security code it doesn't allow to make changes in 05 block, tried 20103 and other what I've found on internet no luck. What I'm willing to change, I've attached to post. Does anyone knows to what it is related this function? My low level of German tells me something that is something related to remote start?

Could anyone confirm/deny that?

Another question - has anyone got luck on this model to change throttle response to Audi with coding in engine ecu? 

Thanks in advance

IMG_20191223_175130_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi skoda people,

I recently activated locking/unlocking with horn notification.

I don’t have an alarm system, so I guessed it won’t work.

But one thing bothers me, every 20th time when i unlock, I can hear a for a really short period that my horn makes a sound.

I also believe that the regular horn is used for lock/unlock sound, because everytime i hear it from another VW, it is the recognisable sound of a regular horn.

Has somebody figured out can it work without alarm system?

• 4 months later...
Good evening. I'm new here on the forum. I present the following situation. Superb Skoda, 1.8, petrol, 2009.
My brother played through encodings / adaptations with a vcds and disabled the detection of parking sensors both front and rear. I mention that it has android navigation mounted by it, which works very well, including the reversing camera, and the car's graphics appear on the display, but it does not notice obstacles, neither front nor rear nor sound. I mention that a sensor on the face does not work, having error on vcds, but it does not work long before the parking sensors are deactivated. I will ask you for an activation procedure or some long coding originals from the power plant, park assist or where it could be activated. Thank you very much.

Since your brother used VCDS he should look in the C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug folder where he will find two files that save the coding and adaptation channel changes he has made so he can reverse them and get the parking sensors working again (as well as they did before).

• 8 months later...

Are the values set in VCDS adaptations equal to the contents of xml parameter files which odis-e can upload?, or indeed a VCP.zdc file. 

If not, what's the difference between paramaters and adaptation values? 

Edited by AlVal

3 hours ago, AlVal said:

Are the values set in VCDS adaptations equal to the contents of xml parameter files which odis-e can upload?, or indeed a VCP.zdc file. 

If not, what's the difference between paramaters and adaptation values? 

Nope 😉

Adaptation channels are adjustable using VCDS, ODIS, VCP and OBDeleven. It's down to the module software and coding to what adaptation channels are available.

The dataset/parameters are not 'adjustable'. ODIS or VCP are directly changing a section of EEPROM in the module. The XML or ZDC file contain the data, where it needs to be written, checksums to verify the data and any security codes to unlock the module to write it.

They are distinct and separate from each other 👍

If Rosstech wanted, they could add the ability to write datasets. I doubt they will as the only 'true' source for them is the VAG servers via ODIS with a subscription etc...

Edit:

If you want to get an idea how some datasets are constructed, take a look at:

https://skodapilot.com/rdkseditor/?lang=en

https://github.com/jilleb/MQB-FPA

The first link is for direct TPMS modules, they are quite well understood so custom datasets are possible. This means that you can create a dataset containing the correct tyre sizes/pressures for any vehicle rather than relaying on VAG datasets. If you create a few datasets then compare them in a hexeditor, you'll soon see how these datasets work.

The second links is an ongoing project to reverse engineer the CAN-gateway dataset. Although some parts are now understood, plenty isn't. As I already had the dataset for my CAN gateway, I used the info to make the 'vRS' button only light up in 'sport' rather than all modes apart from 'normal' :D

Other modules will have different formats which are likely to be unique to the module and software version...

Edited by langers2k
moar info
  • Thanks 1