What is a remapped VRS as quick as

FabiaVRSAJ

Oh, I neglected to mention; not only can my car travel faster than a OAP chariot, it is also amphibious.

The pavement was actually the promenade, as observed through my telescope.

Ahem taxi! Lol :p

Should there be another thread about tools who think their car should be faster than a standard fabia but aren't lol

So far that has included stuff like 520d's, audis tdis etc, What is it by the way with this people ? They are so persistent !

I was doing *ahem* a bit over the national limit the other day, clearly pulling away albeit not dramatically, but certainly enough, on the (red tDI) Passat...now if there is a car you are going to struggle with its a passat TDI unless its been mapped of course.

Even then without some special work its going to be spectatularly uninspiring against even a standard model.

I guess he was hoping that I would give up and he would win out on top speed, well guess again mate unlucky :rofl:

He was trying to match me for quite a few miles, either stubborn or maybe he respected the ability of the fabia

I'd expect it was the former though and people just don't like to be overtaken by what they may firmly believe is the underdog?

I really am old enough to know better....but then again....

what I find amusing is people thinking their PD130 is quick (standard or mapped) and then, when they eventually get the **** out the way they seem to grow blinkers and/or lose the ability to turn their head - it's as if you're not there?? either that or when they come steaming up behind you along a straight and then almost crash into the nearest hedge at the merest whiff of a corner, whilst you're just driving at the speed limit

• Like 1

I left a guy in an 11 reg Leon Cupra R (258lb/ft) very red faced this morning on my way to work! I was actually surprised myself at my little furby, I kept my car on the boost managed to weave in and out of a few cars, then we came to a roundabout I went round it in 3rd gear ready to power out on the exit and we both hit the 'go' peddle and whilst head did edge away I was hot on his tail! Put a smile on my face thats for sure :D

I left a guy in an 11 reg Leon Cupra R (258lb/ft) very red faced this morning on my way to work! I was actually surprised myself at my little furby, I kept my car on the boost managed to weave in and out of a few cars, then we came to a roundabout I went round it in 3rd gear ready to power out on the exit and we both hit the 'go' peddle and whilst head did edge away I was hot on his tail! Put a smile on my face thats for sure :D

lol...

• Like 2

Cool story bro

• Like 3

LOL - this is actually true, perhaps it was a just a lookalike. If you think about the torque values and compare the weights of the vehicles plus he might have been in the wrong gear.

Have a look online - the standard vRS is only 0.6 of a second slower on the 50-70mph time.

Edited by VRSD30

I had a mapped vRS, not long after getting it it had a blast with a mate in a 2.2 VTEC Prelude, the one with the square-ish headlights, and approx 182bhp

From a rolling start, around 30-40mph, right up until the top end of 4th gear (71 mph officer ;) ) there was absolutely nothing in it, until I had to change into 5th gear. Didnt quite have the power to stay with it after that, whereas the Prelude was still in its VTEC power band. After the first blast (to just over 71 mph) he even phoned me and was surprised at just how quick it was. This was tested more than once, as I was still suffering from "New Toy Syndrome" and every time the same result. Even still averaged 45mpg on the way home :rofl:

I assume it would have been a completely different story had it been a standing start, but never had the chance to try that out...

LOL - this is actually true, perhaps it was a just a lookalike. If you think about the torque values and compare the weights of the vehicles plus he might have been in the wrong gear.

Have a look online - the standard vRS is only 0.6 of a second slower on the 50-70mph time.

re. the wrong gear, kinda of what I mean - if both were being driven flat out and in the most appropriate gear I doubt a mapped PD130 would know which way the mk2 Cupra R had gone. flat out, I'm not convinced my hybrid Ibiza woud have been much quicker than our AUQ Leon, if you're talking accelerating in 6th at motorways speeds, however, that's a whole different matter

• Like 2

After 4 years and 80,000 miles i have reacehd the follownig conclusion

My remapped VRS is only as quick as the large cloud of black smoke which follows it down the road.

• Like 3