What is a remapped VRS as quick as

FabiaVRSAJ

had a do against a c2 vts last night nowt major but side by side to 35mph then he want backwards deffo had some kind of exhaust and incdution on it... when i let off the smokey pedal he came flying past me like a complete bafoon on full chat. obv wasnt too impressed.

The C2 VTS is 125bhp as standard iirc - I had one a few years back, and while it was great fun, you really had to give it stick to get it moving swiftly :)

I nearly bought one before the vRS, the yacky plastic interior was what put me off tbh. You're right about having to give it death to make them move aswell, I was slightly dissapointed.

7000rpm limiter made it fun though, it sounded pretty good at 7krpm with the metal inlet (as aposed to the plastic on the VTR).

Urgh, the interior, plasticy is an understatement! And the split boot, mine startled rattling after 2 weeks, and I bought it brand new!

why does everyone talk about straight line speed - the skill is in the cornering and entry,exit speed in roundabouts - thats when you see the difference and get the buzz - go with the remap , get the anti roll bar fitted, decent shocks and have some fun !!

people on about clio sports and corsa vxr's etc gotta remember the fabia is a derv. yes the arguement is whats fastest etc but i dont know any other diesel cars like a fabia whats faster. my mates 320d m sport bmw i **** on it all the time with no trouble. i raced my mates astra insignia cdti 170bhp and once again ****ed on it. Raced my mates astra cdti 150 bhp remapped to 200? ****ed on that. Raced my mate in an audi a4 s line remapped to 180 ish. Yes there all heavier cars but they didn't have a touch on me. i think anything other 200bhp petrol are in a totally different league and can't compare really to a diesel fabia lol.

people on about clio sports and corsa vxr's etc gotta remember the fabia is a derv. yes the arguement is whats fastest etc but i dont know any other diesel cars like a fabia whats faster. my mates 320d m sport bmw i **** on it all the time with no trouble. i raced my mates astra insignia cdti 170bhp and once again ****ed on it. Raced my mates astra cdti 150 bhp remapped to 200? ****ed on that. Raced my mate in an audi a4 s line remapped to 180 ish. Yes there all heavier cars but they didn't have a touch on me. i think anything other 200bhp petrol are in a totally different league and can't compare really to a diesel fabia lol.

I do, my Ibiza :p

Re: corners...

Cadwell Park PB laptime = 1:45 seconds

Mostly hit 1:46's - 1:47's however.

The end.

its same running gear just a different shell.

always gotta be a clever ibiza fan boy around nowadays..

......and more power (cupra) as standard (before remapping the vRS) and a touch more torque sprinkled on top.....

I've just had my vRS remapped, I didn't think it was quick before, I still don't.... but it's a nice drive and I do enjoy shocking some of the other aforementioned slow cars too. I'm not knocking the fabia in anyway, love mine to bits, but in no way is it a 'fast' car until you start spending big chunks of cash as many here have done. Its cheap to insure, cheap to run so bang for buck it delivers what I want....

And I'm in no way an Ibiza fan boy by the way... never had one and have no desire to have one. The interiors of seats are just not somewhere I want to spend my time...... my fabia is a far more pleasant place to be (apart from soggy rear carpets) but facts are facts the Ibiza (cupra) is a touch quicker

• Like 1

its same running gear just a different shell.

always gotta be a clever ibiza fan boy around nowadays..

Whilst there is always the Skoda badge must defend at all costs mentality fan boy around nowadays..

My point stands, I quote you saying you didnt know another car like a Fabia that was faster, I do.

I mean if I was really wanting to rip your daft post I would have said half the cars you quote you kill are indeed faster than your car.

• Like 1

Now that I own a remapped Fabia...

It's quicker than my old Octavia, but nowhere near as fast as my new BMW or my old Civic.

Therefore, it lands smack bang in the middle of the cars I've owned.

What most people forget is that, 99% of the time, most drivers in Britain are rarely 'going for it'. I've overtaken plenty of cars that are faster than mine, simply because the owners don't have an appendage so small they need a car to boost the size of it. Metaphorically. It'll still always be small, no matter how many torques or bhpz you have.

• Like 1

Whilst there is always the Skoda badge must defend at all costs mentality fan boy around nowadays..

My point stands, I quote you saying you didnt know another car like a Fabia that was faster, I do.

I mean if I was really wanting to rip your daft post I would have said half the cars you quote you kill are indeed faster than your car.

what about a Polo GT (no I, so not even the sportiest Polo)?

• Like 1

Now that I own a remapped Fabia...

It's quicker than my old Octavia, but nowhere near as fast as my new BMW or my old Civic.

Therefore, it lands smack bang in the middle of the cars I've owned.

What most people forget is that, 99% of the time, most drivers in Britain are rarely 'going for it'. I've overtaken plenty of cars that are faster than mine, simply because the owners don't have an appendage so small they need a car to boost the size of it. Metaphorically. It'll still always be small, no matter how many torques or bhpz you have.

I assume you mean civic type r? I'm not gonna get into a massive argument here, but I've driven several ek9s ep3s and fn2s and how you can say a mapped fabia is nowhere near as fast is beyond me. My fab is comfortable as quick. I have a friend with a t sport corolla (quicker than a type r) and its modified with approx 210-220 and my fabia still pulls on it. Strange world. There's so many cars that should and should not be faster than others but what I've found in the real world is to be completely different. And these are all situations where both drivers are going for it. I'm so proud of my little fab :)

My mapped fabia is not as fast as my mates ek9, when modded ek9's are even more unrated than fabia VRS's remapped.

Its around 210BHP out of a 1.6NA, have to rev the tits off it but its well faster, that ek9 is quicker astra VXR's etc but they only weigh just over a ton.

Last night I took my ladies cousin for a spin in my remapped vrs since I've only ad the car a week last night I opened it up big time . I was at traffic lights they turned green so I put my foot down I looked in my mirror to see a Audi a3 sport behind me as I got my foot down he stayed close behind til I hit 70mph then he started to go in the distance slowly at this time I thought oh yes nailed . My turning came up and I turned off to see the Audi a3 go past my exit , I was suprised I nailed one of them and I didn't realise it was a Audi til I turned off. But man that put a smile on my faceand surprising how good theses skoda cars are

:)

They do suprise when remapped, but as said in this thread they are no rocket ship but such a great combo of economy, performance, looks and price and many things dont come close.

I really like mine exceeded my expectations.;

• Like 1