What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Nope, on my birthday wish list :(

To be fair I shouldn't need it with an independent witness in my favour. He didn't stop to talk to anyone and only has his fare as his witness, which won't stand up as they're not independent.

That's a point against him in itself, since he left the scene without determining whether or not anyone was injured, and without supplying his details to anyone having grounds to require them.

That's a point against him in itself, since he left the scene without determining whether or not anyone was injured, and without supplying his details to anyone having grounds to require them.

We spoke and exchanged details, but he didn't speak to anyone else..... Probably because he knew how he was going to play it from that point.

This is my area of expertise so he's picked the wrong person to pull this stunt on.

• Like 1

We spoke and exchanged details, but he didn't speak to anyone else..... Probably because he knew how he was going to play it from that point.

This is my area of expertise so he's picked the wrong person to pull this stunt on.

Ah, that didn't come across clearly.

• Administrators

Hate it when people do 40mph down a 60mph lane, hate the fact I'm surrounded by older generations who are to cautious, along with pulling out a turn on a 60mph road at 10mph and have no urgency to even speed up.

• Like 1

pulling out a turn on a 60mph road at 10mph and have no urgency to even speed up.

This annoys me soo much, especially as your told when learning, not to impede other motorists when joining a road!

It's also normally when there is a massive gap behind you they could have pulled out into...

hate the fact I'm surrounded by older generations who are too cautious, along with pulling out a turn on a 60mph road at 10mph and have no urgency to even speed up.

No offence meant or taken, but what age do you consider to be "older"? 

I'm 68, but thoroughly enjoyed the BTCC meeting at Snetterton on Sunday, my hobby car is a sports 3 wheeler (2 wheels at the front, the correct way round), redlined at 9,500 revs, and which believe me, isn't driven other than shall we say enthusiastically!

Malcolm

Edited by Baxlin

• Administrators

A generalisation of older age. As I can't medically tell how old they are, but when they can just about see over the steering wheel it worry's me. That's great about BTCC, however I'm sure being "redlined" isn't the most beneficial way to drive a car fast.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT

Hate it when people do 40mph down a 60mph lane, hate the fact I'm surrounded by older generations who are to cautious, along with pulling out a turn on a 60mph road at 10mph and have no urgency to even speed up.

Maybe you should have just "hated" the drivers who do this, without regard for their age, or if a teenager did either of these actions would it then be OK with you?

• Administrators

Maybe you should have just "hated" the drivers who do this, without regard for their age, or if a teenager did either of these actions would it then be OK with you?

Ha! Don't even get me started on the younger drivers!

Go to a civilised meet up and you get wheel spinning, reving engines and all that bloody nonsense. However where I live it's mainly populated by the 'older generation' hence my comment which still stands.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
  • Like 1

Ha! Don't even get me started on the younger drivers!

Go to a civilised meet up and you get wheel spinning, reving engines and all that bloody nonsense. However where I live it's mainly populated by the 'older generation' hence my comment which still stands.

Im 22. You wont find my Fabia driven with anything other than the upmost care.

The bikes somewhat faster, but still driven well within its capabilities, and mine.

We arent all loonatics.

Sometimes the middle aged driver is the worst, in their 2.0tdi's. And dont even get me started on born again bikers...

Im 22. You wont find my Fabia driven with anything other than the upmost care.

The bikes somewhat faster, but still driven well within its capabilities, and mine.

We arent all loonatics.

Sometimes the middle aged driver is the worst, in their 2.0tdi's. And dont even get me started on born again bikers...

Older drivers do not realise that many new younger drivers have had a great deal more training than they ever did and now have the pleasure of their every move being monitored via a black box by their insurers, so tend to be pretty disciplined now.

Young drivers have a lack of experience, older drivers have experience, some of which is irrelevant in modern driving (see using gears to brake and middle lane arguments) and bad habits which they will never shake off.  No-one is perfect and there are idiots in all age ranges.

Give me a nervous, but aware new driver over a "I own the road, rules don't apply to me" older driver any day......!

• Like 2

Older drivers do not realise that many new younger drivers have had a great deal more training than they ever did and now have the pleasure of their every move being monitored via a black box by their insurers, so tend to be pretty disciplined now.

Young drivers have a lack of experience, older drivers have experience, some of which is irrelevant in modern driving (see using gears to brake and middle lane arguments) and bad habits which they will never shake off. No-one is perfect and there are idiots in all age ranges.

Give me a nervous, but aware new driver over a "I own the road, rules don't apply to me" older driver any day......!

Completely agree mate.

I so very nearly rear ended a Citreon C1 who slowly pulled out on me on the bike the other month. Luckily the VFR brakes did me proud and the tyre gripped well.

When i asked him at the roundabout wtf that was all about, he said i was going too fast, and pretty much insinuated i deserved it. (I was actually doing around 50mph in a 50mph limit).

Was not bothered at all. If the roads were damp, id probably still be in hospital tbh.

Wasn't driving but I was in bed and had the windows open.

Something in the early hours revving their engine and wheel spinning down the road.

Woke up this morning and came out the drive to find at 20 metre long tyre mark. Impressive, but an idiot.

Wasn't driving but I was in bed and had the windows open.

Something in the early hours revving their engine and wheel spinning down the road.

Woke up this morning and came out the drive to find at 20 metre long tyre mark. Impressive, but an idiot.

20 metres?

Perfect balance of handbrake and clutch control from the Corsa driver do we think?

Failing that. Whos car did they steal? Lol

I work in Abergavenny a couple of days per month and I'm there on Thursday and Friday this week and drive the 20 miles down the A40 from Brecon. About a mile from Abergavenny, a small white van coming the other way flashed his lights at me as I approached him and the driver was leaning forward in his hi-vis vest looking rather annoyed and waving V signs up and down the windsceen at me! I have no idea what that was about and can't think I've done anything to annoy someone else.

I'll look out for him tomorrow and if I see him again, I'll look for a name on the van so that I can email the company and ask for an explanation of his actions.

Pedestrians having just gotten off a bus, who decide that the absolute best place to cross is either right behind it, or right in front of it.

That's a surefire way to get yourself hit...

Even worse when there is a crossing point a little way behind the bus, and a set of traffic lights in front. Just a short 2 minute walk to either. Instead they want to play chicken with traffic.

The dic in the focus which over took me and the guy in front with on coming traffic, in a queue stuck behind a caravan and a n artic. That annoyed.

him sitting 5ft from the back of next vehicle weaving for a gap for 6miles rankled.

the final move being an over take of 4 cars the artic and the caravan along a looong right hand curve with a not great viewing distance when on the wrong side... that piissed me off no end...