FUBAR

It's good to keep pestering the government / local authorities on this matter regardless of how unlikely they are to give it any attention, notice or care. I am loosely involved with an EU motorcycle road safety organisation and this is one issue that is chased fairly regularly within the UK side of things. It never makes a difference sadly but keeping any sort of pressure and a voice about it is important. The government does take notice and does respond, the text book reply on this matter regardless of how it is put is that they "follow the guidelines that are laid down and take into consideration the guidelines in the IHE motorcycle guidelines." Which on paper they do. The practice in itself is outrageous IMO, but the big issue I have locally with regards to it, is the process used not following their own guide lines which they hide behind to justify the process being used. Signage not even always used, not swept in the correct time frames and not swept sufficiently before lines repainted etc. I have case studies showing roads which are several years old will with significant amounts of loose chippings at the side of carriageway. Then we have how these surfaces wear over time leaving patches missing, tram multiple tram lines in centre of each lane and in any temps from high teens the bitumen melting and chippings sinking leaving a smooth slick surface where vehicles wheels have passed, that is extremely hazardous especially to motorcycles and cyclists.

Reply will still be the same though........ Documenting the condition of the roads is the current move in my side of things, to rebut the claims that they are complying with the regulations, at the very least I would like the roads to be laid correctly and maintained as such. Would still have the initial hazardous phase immediately after it's put down, but shouldn't be a permanent issue. Where contractors are used to carry this out seems to be where the most issues are for here anyway. 

Also have a case going through the High Court on this currently too with FUBAR vs 'The Man'. Will unlikely win (as it would be a landmark case the government couldn't afford) but it's taken years to get this far and it's getting closer and is costing a fair bit on the authorities side, would like to make it more economical for them to do their jobs properly in the first place and not just get cowboys in and a civil servant sign it off as all to spec. 

Been shopping again today.....

Such a gear tart!

I've bought a few bits by Richa and have been more than impressed with their construction

fit and general overall quality. Most recently a pair of excellent textile trousers which retail for £120

and I bagged for £18. I gave them a wear out two days ago and they were SO comfortable and fitted

SO well I've been on the lookout for a compatible Richa summer jacket to wear with them.

So I got this for a bit more than I hoped I would get away with but someone bumped the bidding

with 3 secs to go but it still wasn't more than I bid so I got it either way. £33 paid for this in the end.

Pics from the auction.

airflowjacket1_zps2fc2c907.jpg

airflowjacket2_zpsdb5da60b.jpg

Todays other bargain were a pair of Brand new with tags Richa Spark Gloves for £11 read the 

spec in the link. They look good quality and if you look closely external stitching on them which 

is usually found on higher end gloves in my experience. The 360 view in the link shows this best.

Oh and in other news biking related. My wife has her CBT next Saturday.... :)

I'm so happy I could clap :)

• Like 1

Turns out I was spotted today too while ridding my a mate who 'heard me coming' making my way up the winding forest road. This is the only picture ever of me on a bike, that I know of! 

Spotted%25201.jpg

The sly dog got me as I arrived through the car and open window at a fair distance, I am impressed! 

Surely both or at least the front wheel should be off the floor!!!!! Lol

lol not a big wheelie person when I have to work for it anyway :( Doing one down hill towards the edge of a cliff would be out of my comfort zone though lol Head was tilted as I couldn't see much either, wouldn't blow clear at and speeds unfortunately all day! Really really should have cleaned and polished it properly before I left knowing it was going to rain! 

• Like 1

Matches the description well doesn't he. He's actually been pretty good recently (strangely) :D

I've removed the video, assuming it's frowned upon and I don't wanna upset anyone. :thumbup:

Usually alright in the bike section.

Its when you post things on the rest of the forum you get the brisky police telling you which laws hes breaking and why its dangerous lol. Cos you didnt already know...

Theyre all tested to meet certain standards. So safety isnt too much of an issue.

£280 at the top of their range is only just starting at the bottom of some other brands like shoei or arai.

Its more about what suits your head shape and needs than manufacturer i think.

That is exactly how you should shop for a lid.

Budget doesn't have that much of a difference on safety, Yes it does at the top levels but a lid for £50 will be tested to the same standards as a lid for £500.

The fit is the most important element you should concentrate on. A good fitting lid will increase your chances of survival much more than budget.

Matches the description well doesn't he. He's actually been pretty good recently (strangely) :D

I've removed the video, assuming it's frowned upon and I don't wanna upset anyone.  :thumbup:

Shouldn't upset anyone, people will have their opinions on everything. I would be cautious with the 'evidence' side of what is uploaded though. If I was riding with someone like that, I probably wouldn't have a camera on though. 

• Like 1

That is exactly how you should shop for a lid.

Budget doesn't have that much of a difference on safety, Yes it does at the top levels but a lid for £50 will be tested to the same standards as a lid for £500.

The fit is the most important element you should concentrate on. A good fitting lid will increase your chances of survival much more than budget.

Agreed.

Budget helmets are usually one size shell with different size padding for the different sizes. S, M L etc.

These helmets increase in size much more when bedded in than the higher spec helmets that use different shell sizes to achieve the different sizes.

Its always worth bearing this in mind when buying a helmet IMO.

They always get slightly larger which ever kind you have.

Shouldn't upset anyone, people will have their opinions on everything. I would be cautious with the 'evidence' side of what is uploaded though. If I was riding with someone like that, I probably wouldn't have a camera on though.

Yeah, I'd kept the plate out of sight but I guess there could always be someone wanting to report it. There are far worse displays of riding saying that though so I suspect they'd have their work cut out trawling through YouTube :D

• Like 2

Yeah, I'd kept the plate out of sight but I guess there could always be someone wanting to report it. There are far worse displays of riding saying that though so I suspect they'd have their work cut out trawling through YouTube :D

Some people dont have much else to do haha.

^^^

I know that, but that's how it read to a stranger... :thumbup:

I'm only jealous, I can't wheelie for toffee. 

I don't like toffee so it would be of no incentive for me :( . If it was for butter tablet, I would give it a damn good shot! 

These guys are brilliant.

My vfr spun up the other week and started fish tailing when it gripped. I struggled to hold it (pretty sure it was mostly luck) and it eventually came back in line.

Im pretty sure it was about 10% of the fish tail some of them held.

Hero's!

• Like 1