New Badges fitted with pictures

I am the pioneer of greatness already! :rofl:

Come on 1 more post and your on "6666" posts my car his 6666 miles last month I got a snap of it :D

20120512_201524.jpg

I plan to black + glossifier plastidip the chrome and spray the black background race blue.

Stop teasing and get doing Nick pics of process stages OR ELSE!

Come on 1 more post and your on "6666" posts my car his 6666 miles last month I got a snap of it :D

20120512_201524.jpg

Never noticed that now the devil really is in the detail :giggle: (6666, the number of the beast

Never noticed that now the devil really is in the detail :giggle: (6666, the number of the beast

I had reset trip computer at 6000 miles just for a 6666 666.6 pic but when I disconnected battery to put Columbus in it killed it :(

will they fit a 2010 vauxhall astra lpg vxr?

Absolutely no idea - as I would rather hammer rusty nails into my **** before I go anywhere near a Vauxhall Astra I will never know I suppose.

• Like 3

I don't like too see a Vrs badge on its own on the rear it looks lost on its own, the newer Octavia and Vrs badge on facelift is nicer I think.

I think it looks awesome!

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=danyeates5&aid=5535442804180903617&id=5562865229479726162&viewportWidth=480&viewportHeight=268

• Like 1

Anyone intrested in putting a couple of badges up in Ebay or directly handle via PM also works?

Skoda here in Finland wasn't able(or didn't want to) order the new badges. Looking to get the front and rear.

Will of course pay a reasonable fee.

Thanks!

Edited by Laars

Well I have been the guinea pig The Badges for the front are convex 2012-05-23094502.jpg

2012-05-23094517.jpg

The rear will be 1ST 853 630 A AUL as it is flat Patrick post is wrong I bought both with the code ending in 601, anyway , I have ordered the other for the rear, only my OCD says it is not quite right

I masked off

2012-05-23095237.jpg

The space without the badge, not scratched just masking residue, you need to tape holes, the new badges have pins in different places, ( 3) which you snap off

2012-05-23100936.jpg

Fitted

2012-05-23103401.jpg

2012-05-23103408.jpg

2012-05-09124147.jpg

wheel centers

2012-05-09123052.jpg

2012-05-09130349.jpg

Only just really looked at these pictures. IS that duct tape you are using to mask there?

I'm planning on tackling the badges over the forthcoming weekend (royal hater here so I see it as a 4 day weekend). Was going to use a couple of layers of standard masking tape.

Did that "heavy duty" stuff you used come off OK without damaging anything?

Standard masking tape isn't really thick enough imo. I used a couple of layers of electical tape, which is all I had to hand. You only really need it on the points you're leavering against to prevent scratches and compression damage.

• Like 2

Not true - the raised parts of the new badge are specially aerodynamically tuned yielding a 2mph increase in top speed over the old badge and a ~2mpg increase in fuel economy. Really clever stuff.

I'm considering removing my badges as a weight saving. Either that or painting them matt black to improve thermal efficiency.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quick question on the wheel side of things. Are the jacking points on the Octy obvious? I've owned two vRS now and I've just never had the need to jack either of them.

Also, the wheel centres, do they push out from the back and then the new ones push in from the front?

Ta

Ok, so the rear badge DOESN'T fit directly on the FL at least for the Combi. It's too big. Front one is OK, for the rear you will need some customizing and a second front badge to make it happen:

boot.jpg

Humm. Holding the new badges up to the old ones on my FL Hatch they do seem to be the same size. I will go and re-check at lunchtime today. I'm assuming the Estate and Hatch use the same rear badge, so little surprised here. I'll go armed with ruler.

OK, confirmation - there is an issue.

Prt number: 853 601 A AUL

This is a "convex" badge, for the front and measures in at 88mm

Prt number: 853 630 A AUL

This is a "flat" badge, for the rear and measures in also at 88mm

Currently on my car I have:

Front Badge 88mm - So no problems here.

However on the rear we have a 78mm badge. So the new one is 10mm larger and I cannot see how that will possibly fit. Post above mentioned another "front" badge, is the fact that it's flat also an issue?

Yes, at least on the estate the boot is very noticeably curved, much like the front. The flat one will not sit properly.

What I did was to take the stock adhesive completely off. Put new two sided outdoor adhesive on the badge, reaching right until the edges of the badge and you can fit the badge by just slightly entering the groove for the badge. It will not sit "inside" of the groove anymore but a bit more on top of the boot.

I decided to give it a go and it doesn't look bad at all. very much OEM looking. Maybe this picture helps to clarify:

kuva.jpg

So the badge is now held on only from the outer edges, that shouldn't be an issue if your adhesive is suitable. I could probably rip the badge off by hands, but when trying pulling it normally with no excessive force, it's not moving.

Edited by Laars

^^^^ That's going to play havoc with the aerodynamics and handling characteristics, and lead to a massive increase in fuel consumption ;)

• Like 3

^^^^ That's going to play havoc with the aerodynamics and handling characteristics, and lead to a massive increase in fuel consumption ;)

LOL!

On a more serious note, that really doesn't look too bad. I was wondering if it could sit "over" the resess and it looks like it can.

So I think I'll still work on it this weekend.

Nah, It's a Greenline, I can handle the increased fuel consumption ;) But yep, it can sit over it as long as you fix the adhesive, the stock adhesive will have 0 grip :)

Edited by Laars