Waiting List

vegit8

That is shocking really.

Can the dealer not do something to push this along?

I'd be :devil: if this happened to me.

I've had a bit of good news today, it should arrive at the dealers on Monday. So fingers crossed for a Wednesday collection.

Finally....

• Like 1

I've had a bit of good news today, it should arrive at the dealers on Monday. So fingers crossed for a Wednesday collection.

Finally....

Make sure they remove the cobwebs from it first ;)

Hope you do get it next week.

Yes, but have you given careful consideration to where you want the socket?

Over the life of the car, you may come to rejoice in the fact that you have the socket where you wanted it, instead of the ridiculous place where Skoda factory-fit it.

That's a fair point. On my Fabia the iPod lead was in the glovebox, which was OK bearing in mind it could be controlled via the head unit once it was connected. I presume the received wisdom is that it should be mounted in the centre console's oddments tray?

My MDI lead is in the glovebox. Perfect for me, as it's completely out of sight and I've full control via the head unit and MFSW. Win win :thumbup:

• Like 1

Latest update:

My Yeti: 1.6 TDi Greenline SE in Steel Grey, only factory fit extra is tyre pressure sensors

Ordered: 19th February (Week 8)

Built: week commencing April 1st (Week 14)

Present Status (Week 16): At Emden awaiting ship.

I don't think the situation has changed recently: a few weeks after placing your order, the dealer will know a provisional build week (some may make an educated guess at it before the official notification), but it remains provisional until an actual build week is allocated some 2-3 weeks before the event. After that, time to handover depends on speed of shipping and then delivery to dealer from the UK port, which can be as quickly as 2-3 weeks from the build date, or as long as 4-5 weeks. I am hoping to hear any day now (I've been away for the last three weeks) that the build week for my L&K is confirmed as week 17 (ie the week after next), in which case I would expect to have the car in late May.

Contacted the dealer last Friday when I was back from holiday and he confirmed week 17 build (ie next week) - handover anticipated mid-May, so about 16 weeks from order to delivery: not quite the 12-14 mentioned when I placed the order, but a lot better than the 28 weeks or so that I waited for my current Yeti!

Latest update:

My Yeti: 1.6 TDi Greenline SE in Steel Grey, only factory fit extra is tyre pressure sensors

Ordered: 19th February (Week 8)

Built: week commencing April 1st (Week 14)

Present Status (Week 16): At Emden awaiting ship.

About the same timescale as mine.

Ordered 11/2

Arriving at dealer 17/4

Collecting 22/4

So that's just 9 weeks, 2 days to delivery - 10 weeks to collection

(I didn't even get to know when it was Emden - suddenly seemed to go from 'built' to 'arriving tomorrow' - looks like the new transport company are a tad better than the old one!)

• Like 1

Finally....

So are you collecting your new monster tomorrow Dinski?

No unfortunately I've been lied to again, it's still in Grimsby.

I'll fill you all in tomorrow.

Still no build week for my order placed over three weeks ago. Dealer tells me that they have about eight yetis waiting for a build week and hope to know by next week.

Have you tried contacting Skoda UK direct? When mine was on order the dealer could not give me a build week, but a phone call to Skoda UK got a date on the first call, which was adhered too

Have you tried contacting Skoda UK direct? When mine was on order the dealer could not give me a build week, but a phone call to Skoda UK got a date on the first call, which was adhered too

Any build week you may be given so soon after ordering is unlikely to be reliable. They are only confirmed 3 weeks or so before it actually happens and may move forwards or backwards until then.

Any build week you may be given so soon after ordering is unlikely to be reliable. They are only confirmed 3 weeks or so before it actually happens and may move forwards or backwards until then.

I was given a provisional build date of week 14 when I placed my order back in January. The next update was week 14 to advise car was now being built. Current status is waiting at port to ship to UK. So my order has (up to this point) gone exactly as dealer advised.

Well over 4 weeks since signing on the dotted line at the dealers. Not a dicky bird since. Do you need an order number or similar before contacting Skoda UK or can they check for you under name and address / dealer name etc?

Thanks Marie.

I'll take the fifth on that one for now. Suffice to say I'm located in the South West and the dealer is one of several that I could consider 'local'. I think they did a fair deal so I don't want to name them (yet).

Edited by fatuscatus

I ordered mine on 4th March, and was promised 2 weekly updates, but that's never happened. I emailed them after 4 weeks looking for update, reply was order ok and still on track for delivery in June. Haven't heard anything since either.

Spoke to my dealer today who says he expects delivery of our new L&K by the end of the month, possibly into the beginning of May.

Getting close now, doesn't seem that long since I ordered it on 27th January!

I got an update from SUK today and was told my new L&K had arrived at Emden yesterday but might be waiting for 2 weeks before it gets a boat. My dealer is still saying it should be with them by the end of April??

Not sure this adds up but at least it's been manufactured so I estimate it will be mid May before I get to pick it up. Mine was ordered 1st Feb.

Seems the boats may be slowing down ... my dealer has confirmed that mine will be built next week, so when I suggested it should definitely be waiting for me when I get back from the St Petersburg cruise on 21 May, he just crossed his fingers and said that transport can be slow! In terms of getting maximum value out of the road tax, I may be better off hoping it is delayed so that I can take delivery on 1 June!