BossFox

CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

Richard, how come you've bought the 75 when the engine is not staying in it? I would've assumed you'd bought the 60 & saved some dosh? Is it because if it proves to be impossible to fit the 1.8T in, you'll have a bit more oomph wth the standard engine?

Oh & put me down for the City Go Go/Santa Pod list that you haven't started yet! That'll be a definite must see! :rofl:

The 75 is for work -he's bought a second one -three posts above yours

Exactly. :)

Red Elegance 75 for work and silver SE 60 for this project.

7770b84c.jpg

Have to say I do like the red and white ones with the stripe.

But I'm thinking to keep this project a little more discreet.

The 75 is for work -he's bought a second one -three posts above yours

Exactly. :)

Red Elegance 75 for work and silver SE 60 for this project.

Lol! I must be blind, can't see any previous mention of the 2nd City Go!

Does that mean you now have 2 Yeti's, 2 City Go's & the GTR or do you still have the Greenline Fabia too?

Does that mean you now have 2 Yeti's, 2 City Go's & the GTR or do you still have the Greenline Fabia too?

You make me sound like some kind of Skoda nut and car collector. :D

The Fabia Greenline was for driving to work. I part exed it for the Yeti CR170 after a year with 20k miles on it.

The other Yeti is my wife's.

The Elegance Citygo is for a runaround for work, for monitoring routes etc...

So I've only got a Yeti and the project Citygo. :)

• Like 1

You make me sound like some kind of Skoda nut and car collector. :D

It takes one to know one as they say! My 5 cars or 3 cars 2 bikes days are long behind me now........ I think!

I like it. Quality idea.

Is there an option of making it a mid engined beast?

Thing is short mid engined cars don't normally handle to well, especially cars that aren't meant to be short mid engined cars.

Well talk about indecisive :giggle: you went from maybe to definitely in a day, the midlife crisis kicking in again , awesome Richard, I wished you lived nearer , you would be my best friend! :rofl:

I like it. Quality idea.

Is there an option of making it a mid engined beast?

Thanks, not really possible due the the small size and layout of the Citygo.

For a reasonable mid engine layout the engine would need to be right between the front seats, where the handbrake is.

Behind the front seats and it's already right at the back over the rear wheels.

Which would be more "entertaining" on a corner than I am willing to live with. :D

Well talk about indecisive :giggle: you went from maybe to definitely in a day, the midlife crisis kicking in again , awesome Richard, I wished you lived nearer , you would be my best friend! :rofl:

Hopefully we'll meet up at a show some time. :thumbup:

• Like 2

So I've only got a Yeti and the project Citygo. :)

What about a Fabia VRS SE, that would make a nice addition to the Above list :giggle:

I think im right in saying, the up! was originally planned to be Rear engine (hence the massive boot etc), but it defo sounds awesome Richard, as always im jealous of your project ideas! haha

Box of frogs? ( that's a compliment) Yup,

but as the ad says... Just do it

I kinda knew you would give it a go.

I am looking forward to watching it show a few scoobies and evos a clean pair of heels at the pod :D :D

Like the sound of this, is the 4x4 Fabia definately dead and buried so to speak?

I'll certainly be following this thread closely :)

All the best

Like the sound of this, is the 4x4 Fabia definately dead and buried so to speak?

I'll certainly be following this thread closely :)

All the best

Yes. Couldn't justify all that money on a car that next year will be 6 years old, that hasn't been made for quite a while.

Better to start with a new model, new car that's a lot lighter.

350bhp in a Citygo (even with an extra weight for 4x4) is about the same as 400-450odd in a Fabia due to it's bigger heavier shell. As more power out the same engine means a narrower powerband and more £££ it's win-win. :)

More shock value too. :D

Going to be an interesting project, :thumbup: shame about the colour though Richard, didn't they do it in beige with a nice brown velour trim? :)

• Like 1

Wow this is amazing! I can't wait to watch it unfold, only just joined the forum but if this stuff happens often I'm definitely sticking around! Subscribed :)

Wow Richard

Been so busy recently I missed all this. Love the idea. Should be fun to watch peoples faces when they see it pull away from serious machinery etc at the traffic light grand prix as well as Santa Pod. :rofl:

It's a Skoda.... Honest.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow this is amazing! I can't wait to watch it unfold, only just joined the forum but if this stuff happens often I'm definitely sticking around! Subscribed :)

A lot of members on here have modified cars running quick engines, but something this mad is only going to be down to one person.

Arise..... Richard!! :rock:

Having a mad idea is easy.

It's seeing through to completion that's the challenge on most wacky projects. :)

So far the Skoda Citygo is bought, the donor Audi TT is bought. That's the easy part really.

1.8 engine should be coming out very shortly and that will then have to undergo a fair amount of work. Then it's on the the more tricky stuff.

Still not got those pictures of the Citygo up yet... will do ASAP.

• Like 3

After our little chat the other day this does just get better and better - Neil still thinks you're barking!

All the lads in the workshop want an invite for the unveiling now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hyphons
      So, what is this project and why did i restart it? I kind of lost some motivation on the the first project thread and sort of gave up, the old topic was kind of messy, unrelated posts etc. and because I started the original project back in 2014 (nearly 2 years ago!) I know if I looked back through it, a lot of photos would be deleted or no longer visible, I'm going to lay out this topic in a similar way to the topic on Mighty Car Mods.

When the topic first started out, I had no big plans for the car, how much the car has transformed over the years has been down to 2 main factors, Briskoda.net and Updown789, who I met through Briskoda just over a year ago, his help with the car has been huge and without him, the car wouldn't be what it is today. We've had our moments at times and disagreements, but we have always looked back and laughed about them. (I also mustn't forget Stormchaser, who has also lent a hand or 2 every once and a while and provided a few parts for the car as well as anyone else who has helped me and I haven't named.)

Let's get into things.. to keep things short and sweet, I'll post all the major changes that have been made (so I won't bother posting about the Heko wind deflectors etc.).. i'll be honest too, during my time of ownership I have done some mighty **** looking modifications and made mistakes for choosing modifications that haven't exactly looked great.. it's all about learning from your mistakes though.. right..?
      This is going to be a mighty long first post.

14th January 2013, the day I bought the car, a standard Citigo SE model in Tornado Red with the winter pack (heated seats, electric heated mirrors) and 14" Apus wheels.

12th June 2014 -

I crashed. (Not my fault, doing the speed limit and a deer came out and I had nowhere to go.) The parts damaged were:

- Bonnet
      - Headlight
      - Headlight bracket
      - Bumper to side panel clip
      - Inner wheel arch
      - Side panel
      - Front bumper

18th July 2014 -

Debadged the rear after being motivated to do it by Stormchaser. (Apologies I haven't got a great picture. Also this was done whilst the car was still being repaired.)

24th July 2014 -

Finally the car was repaired, having 0 knowledge of cars and how parts worked, I fitted and sourced all the parts myself from eBay & Skoda, the wing I bought did need respraying and due to my lack of knowledge on cars, the person who resprayed the wing, didn't use the cars paint code so, it's not the right shade of red.

The wheels were also resprayed black, by again the same person, this was also done on the cheap as I later found obvious runs in the paint and it was done with the tyre still on the wheel.

23rd March 2015 -

It begins.. having purchased a incorrectly described headlight switch, which was chrome, I wanted chrome to match the chrome heater controls, turns out it was from an Up! so illuminated red and not green, however this prompted me to wanting to change all the lights in the car to red, as I liked the look and colour, so I got some Volkswagen Up! heater controls & buttons to match.

14th April 2015 -
      First of many big changes, H&R lowering springs. (35mm.)

19th April 2015 (An educated guess..) -

Changed front grille over to a Monte Carlo one from the OEM Chrome one. (Again IIRC, this was originally Stormchaser's.)

21st May 2015 -

After noticing my front numberplates were tired and worn I changed them out for some funky 3D effect number plates.

11th June 2015 -

Without a doubt in my mind the worst modification I have ever done, I got completely fobbed off by an eBay seller and bought what I thought were genuine leather seats, which it turned out, was just leather sprayed onto the original cloth seats (if you think they look rubbish in the photos, just imagine what they looked like in person! :D) 

20th June 2015 -

Upgraded the speakers to FLI ones. (No pictures due to limitations on how many pictures can be posted to one single post on Briskoda.)

11th July 2015 -

FLI Rear speakers added. (Had none in the rear from factory.) (No pictures due to limitations on how many pictures can be posted to one single post on Briskoda.)

17th July 2015 -

Volkswagen Up! radio finally fitted to match the heater controls, also, this is gloss black opposed to the standard plastic look the Skoda Citigo radio has.

22nd August 2015 -

Functioning autolights with coming and leaving home function enabled via VCDS.

28th September 2015 -

Another addition to the red theme, W8 Interior Light.

2nd October 2015 -

Actual leather seats! Okay, not 100% leather, rather a mix of both pleather and leather done by Seat Surgeons in West Yorkshire.

4th October 2015 -

Following on with more leather bits, a Volkswagen Up! leather handbrake and Gearknob.

17th October 2015 -

Said goodbye to the H&R springs and upgraded to KW Variant 1 Coilovers (secondhand) to lower the car that ever so slightly more. An up to date picture just after the coilovers.

17th - 18th November 2015 -

Had the car professionally detailed and paintwork also corrected, 20 hours labour.

3rd December 2015 -

Dewipered. (The plastic bung was soon replaced with a flush glass one.)

9th January 2016 -

Continuing with the leather theme, MK3 Skoda Octavia leather MF steering wheel.

13th February 2016 -

MY16 Skoda CItigo Monte Carlo cherry red centre console fitted.

23rd March 2016 -

No photos.. however the car was remapped by EcoTuning with a map from Celtic Tuning.. what this started was a complete change in terms of what route I was taking the car down.

13th April 2016 -

Chopped off the resonance chamber from the OEM intake pipe. Now with a remap, I was on the hunt for more power from the 1.0 engine, this one mod is what started a long road to find the best intake pipe I could make/find.

17th April 2016 -

More attempts to gain power, with Updown789's help, we de-restricted the filter box. (This was of course smoothed.)

5th May 2016 -

Redid the intake pipe with a Silicone bend. And also picked up some freshly refurbished Volkswagen Avus wheels found on the old Volkswagen Cabriolets, these wheels were originally in Updown789's possession however I purchased them from him and had them diamond cut and resprayed by Motura in Ferndown.

13th May 2016 -

It turned out the silicone pipe was rubbing on the bonnet, so this was scrapped and using some intake ducting I bought of eBay a year or so back, I came up with a design and found a way I can have a pipe coming from behind the grille direct to the filter box. This will soon again change as this "design" so to speak was revised 3 or 4 times before being final.

17th May 2016 -

Again, changed the intake pipe, got rid of the Silicone bend as it really wasn't needed.

24th May 2016 -

Took the car again to Motura to have the OEM Skoda Citigo Sport splitter and diffuser fitted as well as a gloss black OEM Volkswagen Up! spoiler.

Present (9th June 2016) -

Exterior -

2017 Monte Carlo Taillights (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4818255)
      Lamin-X Yellow Fog Lights
      Volkswagen golf MK4 Amber side indicators
      Summer wheels - Atec F1 16" Bronze Alloys (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4927424)
      Winter wheels - OEM Apus 14" Black Alloys
      Track wheels - Atec Ultralite 16" Bronze Alloys (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4761617)
      Rear wiper delete
      Front and rear mudflaps (OEM)
      Heko wind deflectors
      Debadged on the rear
      Rear diffuser from the Sport model
      Front splitter from the Sport model
      Volkswagen Up! gloss black spoiler

Interior -

2016 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo centre console (cherry red)
      MK3 Skoda Octavia / Superb / MK1 Kodiaq MFSW (Alcantara) (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4884232)
      Volkswagen Up! radio
      Volkswagen Up! heater module
      Red footwell lighting
      VAG W8 Interior Dome Light
      Volkswagen Golf MK4 Auto Headlight Switch with functioning autolights
      Front and rear speakers changed
      Duel cigarette lighter socket (1x cigarette socket 1x duel USB ports)
      Audi TT Pedals
      Skoda-tuning.com boot trim
      ICT Aftermarket gearknob (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4788477)
      Volkswagen Up! Leather hand brake
      Rear seats and belts removed
      Corbeau Club Sport bucket seat (driver only) (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4707510
      Leather Seat (passenger only)

Engine -

Celtic Tuning Stage 1 Remap
      Custom intake setup (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4856024)
      Oil Temp Sensor (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4728108)

Brakes & Suspension/Handling -

KW Coilovers Rear
      Bilstein B6 Shocks & H&R Springs Front (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4914123)
      MTEC grooved discs
      EBC Yellowstuff pads (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4937872)
      ATE Typ200 brake fluid (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4937872)
      Wiechers Sport Rear Strut Brace (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4703931)
      Wiechers Sport Front Strut Brace (Upper) (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4845123)
      Wiechers Sport Front Strut Brace (Lower) (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4943302)
      Powerflex polyurethane front top mounts (https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/402104-davids-citigo-20/?do=findComment&comment=4836785)

VCDS -

Tear wipe
      Autolock after 5MPH
      Coming home/leaving home lights (30 Seconds)

The car has certainly come a long way in the last year. I had originally planned to have it show spec and pristine. I've had a theme of "Black and Red". Then moved onto having an "old style" theme with the old classic wheels and amber side repeaters along with chrome grille.
      As of current, the future plan is and will be to have the car as powerful as I can make it without damaging the engine and do as many track days as possible. We'll see where it takes me from there.
    • By brnsky
      Hi,

I have just bought a used 2014 Citigo Black Edition with the six speaker pack and everything about the car is great.

However, when connecting to the PID device (GARMIN) over Bluetooth and playing music, my left and right audio channels are the wrong way around. Sounds that should come from the right speaker come from the left speaker and vice versa. Playing from the same device (iPhone SE 64GB.) via an aux cable everything is correct and stereo sound is fine. All sound settings on car stereo and PID are set to default. The issue is only with Bluetooth audio through the PID. The iPhone works correctly with Bluetooth headphones (Left and right channels are correct).

Any ideas on how to fix it? Dealer has told me to bring it back to the workshop...

Thanks!
    • By jphackett
      I'm sure that this is discussed elsewhere within the forum, but, I would like to know what sort or mileage members are getting when on a long European run.

In November, I'll be heading from Kent down to Milan in our CitiGo Greentech (75). How many times do you think I will need to refuel on the way there? I'll be sticking to the motorways.

Cheers

JP
    • By Everyone
      Morning Everyone

I currently have a 14 plate citigo black edition which has fog lights. 
      I also kinda want dtrl but I know that they cannot be fitted as they would by Skoda. Has anyone tried to add dtrl or to do what I was thinking to do and add halos onto/around the fog lights eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/MICTUNING-Power-Projector-Universal-Light/dp/B01EUTXGNE/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1503499501&sr=1-6&keywords=halo+rings 

please could I have some advice on this matter 

thanks 
    • By jonowhitey
      Hi

I've terminated the PCP on my Citigo Black Edition (what a great little car!) a month early as I've put a deposit down on a new set of wheels. I asked Skoda finance if the car could be collected ASAP as I'm hopefully picking up the new car by the end of this week / early next week. They've told me that the Citigo must remain insured, taxed and MOT'd up to the point where British Car Auctions collect it. I understand the need for the vehicle to be taxed and MOT'd but the insurance is the pain as I want to move this over to the new car.

What I need to know is;

Why must the vehicle remain insured? Is it purely incase anything happens to it whilst I'm waiting for collection? Surely the auction house is insured for taking the vehicle away?

Whats the turn around time for British Car Auctions to collect the car? The Skoda finance people said I can pester them to speed up the process if needs be but I'm just curious what other peoples experiences are.

Thanks
      Jon