Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

At the risk of opening a can of worms do 32Gb SD cards (fully) work in the Amundsen? I retrofitted MDI because they don't work fully in the Bolero in my 2010 VRS. You can load 32Gb of music onto the SD card but you can't see it all on the Bolero.

I think 32gb is the max, works fine on mine.

Got a call from the dealer today, my Blackline is waiting for me and they unlocked the Bluetooth for me for £175. The post for self install looks good however I didn't fancy pulling it all apart. Downside....hope the snow goes away as I have to drive it from Coventry to Aberdeen!

Got a call from the dealer today, my Blackline is waiting for me and they unlocked the Bluetooth for me for £175. The post for self install looks good however I didn't fancy pulling it all apart. Downside....hope the snow goes away as I have to drive it from Coventry to Aberdeen!

Have they fitted the microphone?

I'm assuming they've included the mic and fitting too? I suppose thats not too bad if it does. If it was just unlocking of bluetooth that would be overly expensive. Enjoy yout new Blackline - lovely cars mate.

I got mine yesterday, lovely car! was quite suprised how wide it is compared to my old Audi B6, it's suposed to be 35mm narrower but not sure if they measure tip to tip on the mirrors or not? seams wider than my old mk1 vRS! I have to reverse down my drive and it's very tight, will have to pull both mirrors in until I get used to it.. wish it had P/Folding mirrors like the L/K model :sweat:

I got mine yesterday, lovely car! was quite suprised how wide it is compared to my old Audi B6, it's suposed to be 35mm narrower but not sure if they measure tip to tip on the mirrors or not? seams wider than my old mk1 vRS! I have to reverse down my drive and it's very tight, will have to pull both mirrors in until I get used to it.. wish it had P/Folding mirrors like the L/K model :sweat:

Get the pics up marko!

Want to garage my blackline estate so will probably need to fold both mirrors.

Are the mirrors not auto fold?

Are the mirrors not auto fold?

no, you only get them on the L/K model. probably more hassle than it's worth to retro fit them, a lot easier to pull them in manualy. I have to get out of the car to open garage anyway so can pop them in and out then!

Mark.

Wow, that's one hell of a profit Skoda are making. I would rather help someone and save you the cash, shame you are so far away. As long as you are happy, that's the main thing. I had my stereo out last night, fitted a new fakra adaptor and it was back together in 10 minutes, I'm in the wrong line of work :rofl:

Edited by zeffania

no, you only get them on the L/K model.

It's always seemed strange to me that the vRS is made as a sportier version of the S trim, with a few extra bits. Our 10 reg Elegance has power folding mirrors, Maxidot, MFSW and auto lights/light assist: all of which get good use and all of which I'm miffed to be missing in my soon to arrive Blackline

Edited by Wet Kipper

Wow, that's one hell of a profit Skoda are making. I would rather help someone and save you the cash, shame you are so far away. As long as you are happy, that's the main thing. I had my stereo out last night, fitted a new fakra adaptor and it was back together in 10 minutes, I'm in the wrong line of work :rofl:

To be honest I would have normal done things like his myself but I needed to hit the ground running due to my job. And I always end up breaking a clip or some thing :-/. As its new and out of the box I can squeeze someone's nuts if something's not right.

quite liking my Blackline, it's quite a fast thing with plenty of pull through the gears, gonna have to be a bit careful with it in this bad weather, was quite easy to spin the wheels in 2nd gear :giggle:

My 62 plate blackline is sat at Lookers (nee Hobin) Manchester waiting for me to get back from Cardiff to take delivery :)... just hoping the Snow doesnt stop me getting back tomorrow

My 62 plate blackline is sat at Lookers (nee Hobin) Manchester waiting for me to get back from Cardiff to take delivery :)... just hoping the Snow doesnt stop me getting back tomorrow

That the one with the Seat garage next to it?

Supposed to be picking mine up from Coventry on Sat. Fly down from Aberdeen. Looking at the weather I can't see that happening now!

Whole buying experience has been painless, enjoyable but wallet lightening!

I have not experienced the following from Skoda so far - which I have done from previous VW dealer encounters:

• a refusal to allow a test drive
  • an arrogant, snobby attitude
  • sales rep in car while getting test drive
  • a new car being handed over which did not include accessories which were part of the order
  • a clear explanation on how I could pay for the car
  • pushy sales
  • PDI not being done properly
  • alloy wheels not having locking wheel nuts - dealer blamed VW factory
  • poor trade in values with lots of put-downs so the customer accepts the lower price
  • directing me to a car that they wanted to sell
  • not listening to the customer nor sticking to their pledges eg to match local servicing quotes
  • being told that I must collect the car on a certain day/time or else!

I am fed up with VWs poor service and lack of value for money (they now charge hundreds of pounds for white on new cars, unbelievable). I hope that this Skoda delivers.

Cheers.

Edited by BA Baracus
  • Like 1

Have skoda officaly said the tottal number of blacklines they are producing? Or is it just a geussing game of when theyll stop making them. Was slightly gilutted when found out the exclusability was decressing. But was allso happy because I still got two grands of extras free with no vat.

Interesting to see that Skoda Uk are still saying that there are only 500 on their website despite many people saying there are more. Wonder what is the truth? Changed my VRS Estate earlier than I would have done into a new Blackline having been sold the idea there would only be the 500.

Love the car but feel a little conned.

• Like 1