Fabia Vrs Oil Fix

EDITED.

A 'Short Engine', is or used to be, the Engine Block, liners, Main Crank, Bearings, Piston, Rings etc.

What the cars in 2010 & 2011 were getting replaced.

Thats the main lump.

ready built to have the parts fitted to.

(some cars in 2010/11 had new rings fitted at Dealership Garages,

they did not even get a 'Replacement/Short engine.).

it is Not or used to be, not including the Head, Camshaft/s, Valves, etc etc.

** Simply do not accept this.

Require of them a 'New Replacement Engine', CTHE, your car is not Pre 4th Quarter 2012, CAVE engine..

Your car is a New Low Mileage vehicle.

*** Get in writing from Skoda UK what they are offering as a Warranty Repair on your vehicle.

Why some have been getting 'New Engines' into older cars,

but they expect you to accept your car getting a Short Engine,

ask is it a Complete Engine including Head, or just the Block & internals.

&

Why with a CTHE they are not taking the car back and investigating why there 'New Revised Engines' are failing already.***

Give them the chance to fit a new engine if you want that,

or best Reject the car as 'not fit for purpose',

Let them Skoda, replace the car.

george

• Like 1

hi all,

following on from my last post, had the breather pipe replaced but the car ran out of oil within a few weeks (around 750km). took it back to the garage and they decided the best thing to do was another oil consumption test, so its back to the garage again this week (after 500km) for the results and hopefully a final fix and a new engine. fingers crossed.

Edited by Luke Fabia VRS

Well I'm happy so far with my CTHE engined version,very moderate oil use so far.

Makes me wonder if Vicky's car has been bodged with various replacements,none of which constituted in total a latest spec engine.

meh, there are good ones, my old CAVE never used a drop at 50k, and that went round the nurburgring, and did a verifyed 144mph on the autobahs going home to Czech! RR'd at 200bhp with a little tweak for most of that too ;)

and my new car (CTHE) was on the track at "how fast" with just 1,200 miles on it! it has now done 2,400 miles, and hasn't used a drop yet ;)

trust me, there are far more good ones than bad ones......

for example, Honda say they have never had a V-TECH engine failure.... now MANY MANY cars have blown up, when owners havent checked the OIL and they have used so much they have desintigrated.... blamed on the owner so Honda still say "never a failure" ... which is fair enough... I'm just saying there will always be some cars that will fail, even with the very reliable honda engines, let alone VAG.......

I always top up at the half way mark now. Checked before Combe, did the session and checked it hadn't moved, went on to do another 2000 miles, most of them quite hard then a few nights ago I felt my tyre pressures were slightly down. I topped them up then dipped the oil. It used 100-200ml. I'm happy with that.

Martyn, you were trying hard enough ;)

My one burned 250ml at HowFast? at Bedford :D. Then nothing. Those motors are really weird...

Luke, in my eyes it looks like they are trying to fob you off I am affraid. Your car is the oil drinker without a shadow of a doubt and I cannot see the point of repeated oil consumption tests... Seems like Australian Skoda is playing a bit harder ball than UK Skoda :(. Just persevere and you will get it sorted. I hope you are not paying for the oil and the tests?!?

Thanks for the compliment, I love black cars but for it to be trully MadMax style a matt vinyl wrap would be needed and huuge supercharger sticking through the bonnet ;)

Martyn, you were trying hard enough ;)

My one burned 250ml at HowFast? at Bedford :D. Then nothing. Those motors are really weird...

Trust me I was but was only for 12 mins with a fast blast home. Oil tem went above 120 and MPG went to 10.1. I still go out in the nights for drives when it's nice, just on my own and always drive it pretty hard. Gonna be an expensive month with tyres, insurance service and maybe a few other bits

I was just pulling your chain :)

Getting to, doing HowFast? and driving back home my mpg over 240 miles I managed to the tank was 18.9mpg lol

Oil temps were 123C or so.

I got an earfull from SWMBO last night re spending and was told keep the purse strings well knotted for a month or two :)

Yes!!!! I'm not having much luck with my new car..... So are Skoda drivers happy drivers..... Not in this house! :-)

Vicky,

Surely you haven't got problems with your new Monte!!! That's just bad luck after everything you went through with the vRS.

I have now done 3,700 miles since the CAVE engine replacement and have used one litre of oil (that is two top ups of 0.5 litre a time when oil level from hot was down to the bottom of the hatched area of the dip stick). The new engine was run-in using the Jabozuma method. Oil consumption is much better than before but at this rate I will be using 3 litres of oil per year (12,000 miles) assuming it doesn't get any worse. I'm happy with the car again.

I gave the car to yhe local dealer, and will stay there untill Monday or Tuesday... they going to open up the engine will check the piston rings and all other relevant parts..

What suprise me, yhis problem is known about 2 years or so, there is no upsolute solution.. this is very strange... I can not believe either vw nor skoda has any thing to say...

Edited by c@n
  • Like 1

4 years, the engine was first in the Ibiza Cupra in 2009 & some started failing then,

then again in 2010 in the vRS, Polo GTi and A1..

They do know what the cause is and how to fix it, well the various differing problems, rebuild without using the faulty poorly manufactured parts as were used in the bad engines,

they just have not bothered telling the Customers.

george

• Like 1

After realising about the dipstick and now being happy with the consumption, will I lose anything by having the breather mod done anyway? The pipe is at the dealers I just hadn't had time to take it in. Said I can wait until it's due service which will probably be end of next month.What does it actually do?

After realising about the dipstick and now being happy with the consumption, will I lose anything by having the breather mod done anyway? The pipe is at the dealers I just hadn't had time to take it in. Said I can wait until it's due service which will probably be end of next month.What does it actually do?

...not a clue, but it seems to have cured the problem on mine (used a litre of oil for every thousand miles until I had the breather mod done at around 20K)!

Edited by louisv6

If a car is over 3 years old so out of manuf warranty will they still offere a fix for excessive oil useage as it's a known problem or will they refuse?

Had the breather pipe fitted today along with the first service. Halfway home from the dealers noticed the idle was around 1200. Was told there was a software update to coincide with the pipe. Engine management light came on. Opened the bonnet and can hear an air leak. RAC called out, couldn't find the leak, now getting recovered back to dealer in the morning !

Car is at dealer.. they took out the whole engine and they are measuring all the parts to see if there is anything wrong with it.. I wll have the car on Monday or latest tuesday.. let's hope they solve the problem.. I will write here exactly what they have done after I get the car back.. of course I will have to drive the car for about a 1.000 km s to see if it is fixed or not... keep you guys updated...

TeamPASAOGLU