Fabia Vrs Oil Fix

My vRS Mk II is growing oil? I have just completed a 200 mile motorway journey and when I dipped the oil 5 mins after the journey there was slightly more oil on the dipstick than when I dipped it hot the other day.

This probably shows how inconsistent the dipping method is for the MkII vRS. Or could it be making it's own oil?

Tony :happy:

Jabozuma worried about this and thought he could smell petrol in the oil, and the level was higher.

The Oil Temp gauge is not accurate & even a slight off level car can get a different reading.

There is only 3.6 litres in when the correct amount.

It takes very little oil to show different levels on the stick and Ambient or Oil temps.

You are as well to get to know the Cold Level on your dipstick and do cold dips.

When you check  again hot it will probably be correct.

Then after properly cold again, check where that is with a cold dip.

If the car can produce oil, then best sell it, the extra oil, not the car.

soon after any attack on Syria there will be Oil Shortages being reported.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/258422-fuel-in-the-engine-oil

Worth noting the last poster #14, has recently said he is getting the car replaced.

george

13 plate VRS with 4,000 miles on and I had the oil light come on today, so topped up with a litre and its now in the middle of the hatched area.

Makes me a little nervous as I check after 2,000 and it'd hardly used much.

Not much to use in 2000 miles while it is running in.

Some use none, but everyone drives differently.

Hopefully thats it now run in and will use very little if any from now.

2000 miles was a bit long to go with a new car without checking, IMO.

george

• 4 weeks later...

Had my car for just over 3 weeks now so decided to have a quick look at the oil just now when I got home from work (engine hot).  The oil just goes about 1 cm into the hatched area, compared to right to the top when I bought it.  I know it's going to use oil but as I've only done 350 miles is this still normal?  It's a 2012 plate with 3,850 miles on the clock now.  It's not as if I'm thrashing it either, I've only driven to work (roughly 20 mile round trip) and done about 40 miles on the M4.  On my trip to work I'm lucky if I can top 60 due to the traffic/country lanes but I might have topped 70 by a tiny bit (I'm 48 now so no boy racer).

You will get different readings with a hot reading, so it is good to know what a stone cold engine and oil reading is.

The cross hatched area is 15mm long, (1.5 cm) so i hope you are not showing 10mm (1cm ) down from the top when it is a hot dip.

.5 cm down from the top is OK,  but you could put some oil in.

What ever,

best get the cold dips & hot dips done and try to get the oil showing in the top 3rd of the Cross hatch with a hot dip.

george

You will get different readings with a hot reading, so it is good to know what a stone cold engine and oil reading is.

The cross hatched area is 15mm long, (1.5 cm) so i hope you are not showing 10mm (1cm ) down from the top when it is a hot dip.

.5 cm down from the top is OK,  but you could put some oil in.

What ever,

best get the cold dips & hot dips done and try to get the oil showing in the top 3rd of the Cross hatch with a hot dip.

george

George,

Probably getting my mm and cm mixed up!  The oil is in area c of that picture after a hot dip so it needs some oil, I'll take a cold dip tomorrow morning and see where it's at then.  The garage did give me 2 litres of oil but I didn't think I'd be using them this early.

The engine is just run in now and oil use should be very low.

Once you have 3.6 litres in you should be fine.

Please try the 'Jabozuma Oil Check' tomorrow or when Stone Cold.

Start the engine and stop right away.

That should show the same level as your Hot Dip. 

Please let me know how it reads that why.

george

Just been out and taken the oil reading when my engine was stone cold and then did the start/stop reading.  Interesting pictures but which one do I believe?  Do I top up or wait till the light comes on?  In the start/stop pics the oil is in the same position as when I did it yesterday after I came home from work.

post-30617-0-80760800-1379746912_thumb.jpg   post-30617-0-21735800-1379746918_thumb.jpg

post-30617-0-43767800-1379746924_thumb.jpg   post-30617-0-59735200-1379746936_thumb.jpg

First 2 pics are from cold and bottom 2 from start/stop.  Camera skills not too good this early in the morning so I've stuck an arrow on there.

Milges, i suggest yours is just using what is expected & you need occasionally to put some oil in.

zom414,

You  need to talk about it with the garages if concerned.

*But it probably first needs some oil to show the correct level with a Hot Check and see if it uses oil or not.*

If the cold dip stays constant day to day and week to week and over the miles that is good.

if the hot dip is constant and high enough up the dip stick fine.

I have just over 3.6 litres in (3.7 litres) and if i go dip now cold the Oil will be just below the top orange marker.

If i do a Jabozuma check,

or go and run it and do a hot dip 5 minutes after stopping and the oil reached 80*oC, it will be just below the top of the cross hatch.

**That is the same place on the stick as where both your cold dips show but when checked hot.

& thats not only on my daily driver but when checking other vRS dipsticks..**

george

Not good pics,

but oil/filter changed last week, cold dip above cross hatch, & hot dip below cross hatch top,

• Like 1

Just topped up exactly 0.5l when cold, level was about 3mm above bottom of hatched are now back to 3mm below top of hatched area after 1230 miles.

A great improvement over the old engine which was doing 0.5l in 500 miles, hopefully the end of my posts in this thread, unless answering queries!

Done 3221 mi on my new engine, and been checking approx every 1000mi and all has been great until the last 1000, had to chuck in 700ml of oil in as it was not even showing on the stick :( always been checking under the same environment and at the same temperature so I'm pretty certain it's using oil still. Going to try get a full refund now and buy something else *sigh*

just dont overfill..... I would suggest you dont put more than 250 mill in at any one time...... I have taken one reading at min, put 250 mill in, then checked it a few day later and it was on max! if you overfill you could end up with engine issues, i beleive thats when the misfires and soiled/destroyed spark plugs start.....

• Like 1

Had my vrs from new done 4500 miles driven it like i stole it from new used 700ml of oil  since which i think is aceptable mine is a 13 plate CTHE engine read many posts about the vrs using a lot of oil i have not experieced that but i have thrashed it from new which i think is better for the engine. :devil: 

Mine is MY13, 62 plate CTHE.  From new (8 miles delivery) covered 3100miles in 8 months, lots of pootling about on school run and commuting to be honest.  More recently started to really push on to red line when opportunity opens up after reading some of the threads on here. 

Early on I noticed a dirty rear end, oily spots on bumper and boot with exhaust pipes pretty "sticky" oily deposit, not dripping oil or anything though.  Most recently observed after a rather enjoyable spirited cross country ride the exhaust was looking more sooty than oily.

Usage wise I've topped up 2L now and reading top half of hatched area (10mins after a hot run) which is where I try and keep it as paranoid about overfilling.  I've been topping up in roughly 250ml aliquots and never gone off the dipstick, though once went slightly below hatched area.  For the record I'm topping up with the quantum longlife my local dealer advises they use in servicing.

So by my reckoning Skoda would deem this level of oil consumption acceptable at around 0.4L/1000km, fingers crossed it lessons over the next 3000m.

hey fellas,

I have just had my engine replaced (long engine) - picked up the car a few days ago. So far so good other than an engine rattle on the right hand side but will get that looked into at the next service. I also have to fix one of the doors which is not flush from original delivery.

Will post a few pics with more to come. As u can see my RS has tinted windows and rear guards. Will eventually get the monte carlo black lights and grill for the front as well.

good car and very rare over here which I like! 

post-100013-0-42994900-1381574021_thumb.jpg

post-100013-0-55619000-1381574043_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Fabia VRS
  • Like 3

The soot is just the engine running rich when cold,

and you blast that out the exhaust when you open it up.

No oil should come out, just some residue from the soot when wet sometimes.

I would worry when there is no soot.

george

And regarding sooty exhaust.. and due to the Milltek being a 1 into 2, it soots up the left tip only  :giggle: 

577259_10201063052431247_878417087_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have added half a litre... in 3.300 km, this was the first time i have added an oil...:) not bad...;)

But surely, next oil change i will not use castrol... the choice will be Mobil or Motul....:)

TeamPASAOGLU

Edited by c@n