Octavia vRS

You can't get the 4x4 170 with DSG, only manual according to the SUK price list.

Correct.

I should know, cos I inquired about whether they would ever do one and was told it was extremely unlikely (for the reason I have given you above).

You can't get the 4x4 170 with DSG, only manual according to the SUK price list.

Ah right, I was going by Drive The Deal, but they confirm Skoda when you read carefully (which I didn't, I found a 4x4 with 170TDi but not DSG) :giggle:

Shame.

Edited by Dodgy

Any informations about price tag of vRS version ?? Saving dolars for mk3, but i guess price in Ireland will hit 40k E :(

Im saving too - I would imagine the 2.0 TSI will be close to 40000 as well.

A full spec MKII Fl is costing 37000 - so if the prices increase, you can well imagine 40000e in Ireland.

Im saving too - I would imagine the 2.0 TSI will be close to 40000 as well.

A full spec MKII Fl is costing 37000 - so if the prices increase, you can well imagine 40000e in Ireland.

You would have to spec Xenons and the Columbus to get the price to 37,000euros!!

Skoda_Octavia_III_RS_2013_nova_unik_konfigurator_03_800_600.jpg

Hmm, why are there pictures of a fabia in this one? Something fishy about these pics.

EDIT - sorry, should have read the article...

'Its revelation Skoda deserve again, or at least not directly, and probably not intentionally. In Slovak online configurator model Fabia is possible under certain circumstances also get shown the new Octavia RS. We do not know exactly how, now it seems not possible, screen captures showing the appearance of the new Eres attach any case.'

Should have gone to Specsavers? :p

So long as they price it sensibly and start to offer sensible discounts on it after launch this deserves to sell really well.

Have been toying with the idea of swapping our Fabia vRS estate for a late MK2 FL vRS CR but unless its a tear my arm off deal i'll be waiting to see what this is like in the flesh.

One of my biggest bugbares about the current vRS, curtain airbags arent standard and none of the used cars ive looked at seem to have them spec'd...mental on a 20k car

So long as they price it sensibly and start to offer sensible discounts on it after launch this deserves to sell really well.

Have been toying with the idea of swapping our Fabia vRS estate for a late MK2 FL vRS CR but unless its a tear my arm off deal i'll be waiting to see what this is like in the flesh.

One of my biggest bugbares about the current vRS, curtain airbags arent standard and none of the used cars ive looked at seem to have them spec'd...mental on a 20k car

couldn't agree more, they were the first thing I added when I bought my octavia back in 2008.

• 3 weeks later...

Very good to see the high level of 4x4 requirement from current VRS + Yeti 4x4 drivers. I echo the earlier comment about the VRSYeti 4x4 ..... I am my second VRS .... was/am sorely tempted by a Superb 4x4 CR170 Elegance and then they go and bring out the Oct III ...... must admit to liking new angular lines ..... no doubt new Octavia Scout III will be ham strung in the finish dept to not upset the VAG "Allroad" appelcart. Actually as a long term Skoda fan I must admit to getting more annoyed each passing year with what Skoda cannot do to suit other VAG ranges.

I await the Scout 4x4 1.8TSI & 2.0D with interest. Nice loooking car to me though.

They have released the performance figures for the Standard 2.0 TDi 150bhp engine, showing 0-60mph in 8 seconds. That is marginally better than the current 2.0TDi 170bhp VRS! So they must have a 180bhp VRS in the pipeline with approx 0-60mph of 7secs? Petrol VRS is going to be up with the big boys if this is the case!

Watch out current diesel VRS owners, me and my new Elegance Octy will be passing you!!

Here are currently known Mk3 Octy vRS engine numbers. 184bhp diesel and 220bhp petrol.

2.0CR 150bhp Mk3 Octy has 8.5s @0-62mph,

2.0CR 184bhp diesel vRS might have 7.5s @0-62mph or just under

and the 2.0TFSI 220bhp petrol vRS is likely to crack 7s/0-62mph sprint considerably, possibly hitting 6.5s :)

The last 2 have much better rear suspension, of course, matters if you want to drive them hard.

Edited by dieselV6

They will most likely feel quicker than that in reality too! The worrying bit now is my local cabby driver may well be catching up with my performance!! I always drive my cars hard, I thrashed the pants off my Octy 2.0TDi Mk2 for 2.5 years, putting 70k on the clock taking it to 125k and it just came back wanting more! Thrash the pants of my current car (2011 Merc C Class) and all i see is ££££ signs lol