Octavia vRS

Thanks James.....this PCP confuses me. Iv never done it before..... Would you recommend taking it over 36 or 42 months? the only reason I am considering it is because its 0% and you get the 3 years servicing.  On my last car, I did the 50% deposit and 50% 0% which was good, and that is still available, but you cant get the service offer on that one. 

It's pretty pants about the lack of info in the 19's. I would at least have seen the cost before discounting them on north Wales tracks :)

The good news is I ordered mine yesterday :) Here Oct/nov and I've gone dsg this time.

• Like 1

Hi people

I am currently looking at ordering a hatchback diesel manual. I am keen on the 19" upgrade but no dealer that I have spoken to seems to know much about them.  The other options would be black pack and heated front screen and spare wheel.  I currently have a MK2 FL in race blue and the options I had on that was auto wipe and light, auto dim mirror, spare wheel and curtain airbags.  REVO Stage 1 and HR lowering springs to 30mm. Iv loved driving it so have racked up 75k since Dec 09.  Dealer is offering £7100 if I place and order, with no restricition on mileage etc.  I am also looking at the 0% PCP offer, but trying to work out where the sting is.  Esentially I would use my car as the 30% deposit and be hopeful of some cashback, and come the end of the term, I would buy the vehicle. Would I need to state my mileage as low as possible or higher to get the GFV as low as possible.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

That's interesting and very close to my current position Matt. I've got a 59 plate blue vrs with the same options as you but a lower mileage at just over 27k; I bought it 2nd hand with very low mileage!

Dealer's just offered this against mine:

New blue vRS diesel hatch manual.

3 years free servicing and 0% finance PCP

£190/month (as worst case!)

£2000 cash back

0 deposit, just my car as px

Remainder of my settlement figure cleared on my behalf (about £2k)

We now need to put some real figures against all of that to see where the catch is and what the GFV etc is.

All sounds tempting and very interesting so I'm test driving a petrol estate tomorrow!

Apparently there is a downloadable brochure for options being released in next few week that will have the wheels on.

At Goodwood festival of Speed it said £1000 as shown in the photo:

Posted Image

Ill keep updating when they get back to me.

Thanks James.....this PCP confuses me. Iv never done it before..... Would you recommend taking it over 36 or 42 months? the only reason I am considering it is because its 0% and you get the 3 years servicing.  On my last car, I did the 50% deposit and 50% 0% which was good, and that is still available, but you cant get the service offer on that one. 

Take it over how ever many months you are comfortable with both term wise and financially, and whatever make yoru wallet happy, but for me with the 0% I would take it over as long a term as possible, I have only been in my car 13 months, but its at whatever the APR was from Skoda then, 7% I think, if I changed now onto the 0% I think it would make sense to stay in the car as long as os possible.

Apparently there is a downloadable brochure for options being released in next few week that will have the wheels on.

At Goodwood festival of Speed it said £1000 as shown in the photo:

syma4uza.jpg

Ill keep updating when they get back to me.

that also lists sunset glass at £80, i'm sure thats £140 on the configurator.

was up doing work for Skoda today and had a good look at the new vRS, its a really nice car inside, one i saw was dsg petrol but standard interior etc. was chatting about the 19's aswell but like everyone else the dealer are waiting for further info on them aswell as they dont show up on their options yet.

that also lists sunset glass at £80, i'm sure thats £140 on the configurator.

was up doing work for Skoda today and had a good look at the new vRS, its a really nice car inside, one i saw was dsg petrol but standard interior etc. was chatting about the 19's aswell but like everyone else the dealer are waiting for further info on them aswell as they dont show up on their options yet.

Yes thats correct, bit of false advertising by skoda haha. Some of the options are correct and then tints different and wheels could be, hopefully not, the sales rep has said he'll get me staff discount off any accessories i decide on

Well I finally went to see one!

Need to admit I like it, didn't drive it but did sit in and have a look around. All very vRS in my book, front and back bumpers with bigger alloys, inside fancy seats. Summery of the mk1,2 & 3 vRS

I agree the fabric on the seats doesn't look too good but may be ok, leather might be an option.

All and all it's a nice place to be and looks ok for a family wagon :)

Two vRS estates for sale (sort of) on the Skoda UK website which look pretty good, from the outside at least. Interiors look a bit dull.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=603043958

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=603048547

Hmmm...may have an idea now if the 19inch wheels are 2 expensive i may have these wheels and powder coat them

I'm so chuffed, thanks for posting them pics!!

The Red one is exactly as I ordered yesterday, having never seen a red one it was guess work in a way but looks good with the black pack and anthracite wheels...I would say that wouldn't I :-)

Two vRS estates for sale (sort of) on the Skoda UK website which look pretty good, from the outside at least. Interiors look a bit dull.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=603043958

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=603048547

197ps???

Edited by philbes

Well I drove one yesterday and I'll be placing an order once the wife gives the nod, going to order:

Petrol DSG hatch in Race Blue

Sunset glass

Cruise control

Park Assist

Just awaiting final figures for she who must be obeyed to approve

Well I drove one yesterday and I'll be placing an order once the wife gives the nod, going to order:

Sunset glass

Cruise control

Park Assist

You guys are so funny :) I don't need to ask my wife can we change the car lol

Sunset glass

Cruise control

Park Assist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZluCEBS6w&feature=player_embedded

Edited by alberg

You guys are so funny :) I don't need to ask my wife can we change the car lol

Well in the last 3 years I've bought 3 cars from new, she's starting to get annoyed that I keep changing :p

• Like 1

Just taken out a petrol vRS Combi DSG for a spin. Compared with my CR vRS (170) it felt very eager, especially in sport mode, putting it into economy made it a little more relaxing in traffic. I noticed that in economy mode, the car often displayed 'coasting' on the maxidot, it will be interesting to see what impact this will have on overall economy on those days when you're trying to stretch a tank out. I liked that each mode was customisable in throttle response, steering etc.

Lane assist was a curious novelty that I turned off halfway through the test drive, I think I would enable that for longer motorway journeys though. The 'estate' doesn't seem that much bigger in the boot than the hatch imo. I tried voice control of the radio, that was flawless for me, "station BBC radio 1" etc, no problem, a great way of getting to stations you haven't programmed in as the DAB has oversight of all potential stations, so you can simply say "station BBC radio 5 live" if a sporting even was on, I personally don't store this station as I rarely listen to it. You get the idea.

I think the car really needs cruise, I expect 80% of all vRS buyers will specify this option and I'm willing to bet that Skoda will eventually include it as standard, it's such a glaring omission. 

Here's a little Vine video https://vine.co/v/hA93i9blvBm/embed

Finally, and I don't think I've seen this mentioned on here, anyone notice that the 'jumbo box' (or whatever it's called these days) doesn't have an aircon feed into it anymore? I used to use that all the time to keep a bit of chocolate or a can of red bull on long journeys. I know I can use the glovebox, but still, you don't expect less when you're spending more.

I'm almost ready to do a deal, probably on a diesel version.

Edited by Dodgy

How did you find it comfort wise on those 18" wheels compared to your current car? How many miles did you drive it and what mpg did you get?

Comfort wise, felt similar to my current car but quite a bit quieter. I reset the trip computer before heading out and averaged 28mpg, but I wasn't hanging about  :think:  Here's a quick Google map of my exact route, http://goo.gl/maps/rMa5y looks like I did almost exactly 17 miles over minor B roads, A roads and a motorway. Note, that's quite a hilly route once away from the motorway.

I could have had the car for a lot longer, but I had an hour (including talking to the salesman). I was left alone to drive the car, no pressure.

Edited by Dodgy
  • Like 1