Octavia vRS

Unfortunately the 4x4 is only in SE trim, so speccing it up is not only expensive, you also can't have some of the better options like electric seats.

Outside the UK, fine.

But we are the mercy of Skoda UK and what they want to import.

I3 it is then. <sulks>

But we are the mercy of Skoda UK and what they want to import.

Surely its what they want to support not import. They can import anything as he car is built to the spec they want but they then have to support it once sold

That is not the point.  The marketing men decide these things.  There are rumours that the next Superb will be a VW Touareg based (and sized) SUV...  Now what will current Superb hatch and Estate owners buy come their next car?  Also the Rapid was invented below the Octavia.  Why is that?  Put all of that in the same basket and what you have in the Octy 3 is the new Superb at Superb prices with the old Octy 2FL price points being catered for by the upper Rapid and lower Octy 3.  So the "worth" of the Octy 3 over what has gone before has no relevance anymore.  It will be priced to sit in the range where the marketing men decide to put it - and that all hinges on what sort of car the next Superb will be...  

Totally agree Johann - Skoda have moved the Octavia up a level, both in terms of quality and size. I would very seriously consider an Octy3 when my Superb comes for up for change. The Rapid sits in the bracket where the original Octavia (mk1) used to sit, again in terms of quality. This therefore drops the Superb off the end and allows them to do something different with it, as has been mentioned. Skoda's "roadmap" suggests that up until 2015 they will be launching a car every 6 months (either new or FL), they are so far on track with the 6 models for this year.

skoc24_51f8312b385fb.jpg

skoc41_51f8312c7e71e.jpg

Grey ones look dull as dish water, red combi on the other hand looks stunning!

• Like 1

Surely its what they want to support not import. They can import anything as he car is built to the spec they want but they then have to support it once sold

I don't think so.

An SE 4x4 and an Elegance 4x4 need the same support.  We already have the trim levels and a 4x4 option.

It's just what Skoda UK think people in the UK will want to buy, without having too much choice.

skoc24_51f8312b385fb.jpg

Spotted a yellow one! ;)

I'm not a massive fan of this but I agree with an earlier poster that the spoiler on this one looks black...  I like that in combination with the black pack.

Those flat grey ones look ok off the production line without any wash cycles or weathering but can you imaging what they will look like after a few years baking in the sun and in unwashed state. Primer anyone?

Those flat grey ones look ok off the production line without any wash cycles or weathering but can you imaging what they will look like after a few years baking in the sun and in unwashed state. Primer anyone?

What makes you think they will weather worse than any other colour?

I think the distressed look might work quite well, I wouldn't like it myself but some people like their cars with rusty bonnets!

• Like 1

I'm not a massive fan of this but I agree with an earlier poster that the spoiler on this one looks black...  I like that in combination with the black pack.

and here's your proof - spoiler looks black to me. Is the roof also black??

skoc33_51f8312c47450.jpg

• Like 1

This British Summer Sky grey is an odd choice. They put day light driving lights to make the car more visible then come up with colour that makes it look like it's meant to be invisible in UK weather conditions. "Also available with factory applied dust and dirt".

British racing green (Naturgruen in VW catalogues, I think it was called Highland Green in UK, dark metallic green) like in O1, with saddle interior (darker than current beige leather) is what's needed. All the parts and colour schemes exist in VAG catalogue. That and silver were the two most popular colours in first editions of Octy and Furby. Never understood why they discontinued them since O2.

I don't think so.

An SE 4x4 and an Elegance 4x4 need the same support.  We already have the trim levels and a 4x4 option.

It's just what Skoda UK think people in the UK will want to buy, without having too much choice.

Same goes for the 4x4 DSG (pairing not available in UK for quite some time) and 1.8TSI engine. Available everywhere, including RHD countries like Ireland (just in case you thought it was some sort of conversion issue). Supported by SUK on Yeti. Supported by SUK on Superb. Not available in Octavia range.

Now, the complication of this is that outside of vRS range proper multilink rear suspension is only available to 1.8TSI models, which are not available in UK. Which means that compared to O2FL, all non vRS O3's in UK will be just glorified, overpriced minicabs with dreadful, old school torsion beams. Or, if you want to look at it in more sinister way - they deny us safer handling option on O3, purely because SUK, for whatever effing reason tries to play hide and seek with my wallet and tell me what I can and cannot drive in UK.

Absolutely not acceptable and cannot be swept under the carpet.

This British Summer Sky grey is an odd choice. They put day light driving lights to make the car more visible then come up with colour that makes it look like it's meant to be invisible in UK weather conditions. "Also available with factory applied dust and dirt".

British racing green (Naturgruen in VW catalogues, I think it was called Highland Green in UK, dark metallic green) like in O1, with saddle interior (darker than current beige leather) is what's needed. All the parts and colour schemes exist in VAG catalogue. That and silver were the two most popular colours in first editions of Octy and Furby. Never understood why they discontinued them since O2.

I think it could be called fashion.  Just like the current fad of covering cars in matt vinyl (usually black) this grey is spot on in terms of the current zeitgeist regarding cool car colours. Slightly brown, mostly grey, sort of matt - primer to most in other words.  But remember how people in the UK balked initially at the Golf mk V GTI in WHITE?!  The car that (in my view) started the white car renaissance in the UK.  Well let's see in a few years how popular this grey will be.  My bets are that it won't be the most popular colour but people will come to like its understated coolness nonetheless.

• Like 1

Same goes for the 4x4 DSG (pairing not available in UK for quite some time) and 1.8TSI engine. Available everywhere, including RHD countries like Ireland (just in case you thought it was some sort of conversion issue). Supported by SUK on Yeti. Supported by SUK on Superb. Not available in Octavia range.

Now, the complication of this is that outside of vRS range proper multilink rear suspension is only available to 1.8TSI models, which are not available in UK. Which means that compared to O2FL, all non vRS O3's in UK will be just glorified, overpriced minicabs with dreadful, old school torsion beams. Or, if you want to look at it in more sinister way - they deny us safer handling option on O3, purely because SUK, for whatever effing reason tries to play hide and seek with my wallet and tell me what I can and cannot drive in UK.

Absolutely not acceptable and cannot be swept under the carpet.

You are A) overstating how bad the torsion beam suspension is - for the large majority of drivers, most of the time they won't have a problem, and B) getting very angry about what Skoda UK do or don't choose to import as though it's a huge conspiracy. If they don't do the version you want, then you can either go elsewhere or ask them nicely and hope enough other people want the same vehicle to make it worth their while adding it to the choices.