Octavia III unveilled tomorrow according to Honest John

I didn't know they even did car audio! It's good budget kit in the av world so a perfect marque for skoda to work with. Early reports suggested the octy3 would get dynaudio as an option... But I doubted it! Canton will have to do! :-)

On a more serious note. I had never heard of Canton but just checked them out on the interweb. It looks like really high end stuff. It will probably make the sound upgrade pricey but it looks like it should be quality stuff.

Great news.

I think they mean Canton Pop as in style of music.

Rather than Canton Speakers which cost a fortune.

http://www.canton.de/en/home.htm

I think they mean Canton Pop as in style of music.

they didnt mean Canton pop, thats what they say

''while the new CANTON sound system and an acoustically optimised passenger space provide pure listening pleasure''

So i belive that we will get a Canton speakers in a new Octy, im ready to pay a loot of dolars for hi end sound qualify and probably they will make a middle class speakers for some1 who dont wanna a ''pure listening pleasure'' :D

http://www.canton.de/en/home.htm

Edited by lukas883

I didn't know they even did car audio! It's good budget kit in the av world so a perfect marque for skoda to work with. Early reports suggested the octy3 would get dynaudio as an option... But I doubted it! Canton will have to do! :-)

I have been checking online prices for some of their floorstanding home hifi speakers, I wouldn't call 2500euros "Budget kit"

I have been checking online prices for some of their floorstanding home hifi speakers, I wouldn't call 2500euros "Budget kit"

I didn't call their floors standers budget. I said they did some good budget av kit. The last setup I installed was the 125 MX movie system, low end but very good build and sound.

More pics....

Looks better in silver I think, but not convinced about the "old" A6 rear end lights/design. Perhaps it'll grow on me - maybe the price will put an end to it :rofl:

skoda3side.jpg

skoda3front.jpg

skoda3sideview.jpg

skoda3interior.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't call their floors standers budget. I said they did some good budget av kit. The last setup I installed was the 125 MX movie system, low end but very good build and sound.

understood.

I thought maybe you where one of the lucky few who get to spend tens of thousands on Audio.

The red one and the publicity shots of the silver one (must be what was done in Chile) look good, the silver one on the stage looks a bit ify if you ask me (might be the alloys).

Will definitely look at one when I come to renew mine (although will be the VRS or potentially 1.8 TSi 4x4 if they do it in a sporty looking spec)

Been off for a few days and had missed this. Will agree with a few comments that the launch photos don't seem to do this justice but the high res ones really do seem to show the lines more.

The rear lights are all to do with some C shape thing going on - don't know where it comes from but all rear lights look like a C or backwards one.

Why ruin the looks of it!? It looks really nice!

I'm impressed with their efforts, I look forward to seeing the real thing! Now Skoda.... Whats next!? :D

I suspect I could live without a r/wiper on an Octavia II or III. They both look like saloons to me in fact until recently I assumed the II was. Not driven my new II for long enough yet to know if I will need r/wipe much.

I like the look of the III but not so much over the II that I am kicking myself for not waiting. Plus it might be a tad on the large size for my purposes.

what a stunningly sporty classic design, and what a strangely unenthusiastic response on this thread. I cannot understand it, as Skodas have always been classic designs that evolve gradually and do not look like sweaty trainers, like so many hideously 'fashionable' designs these days. I love this car, it has a timeless sharp style that will never date. This is an instant classic car, so smart, and now available with modern gadgets that will give great pleasure in use. And in general Skodas are better built than even VW's and Audis. Unbeatable, this car will ring the death knell for many other cars on the market that just cannot compete.

• Like 2