Most annoying things on your Superb

Thanks Devon Wanderer but there must be another reason for me why I can't edit. As per my two posts above they were only three minutes apart and yet the edit option was greyed out for the second

Thanks Devon Wanderer but there must be another reason for me why I can't edit. As per my two posts above they were only three minutes apart and yet the edit option was greyed out for the second

Does that always happen? I do find odd behaviour sometimes when posting. For example, I'll type a reply and click 'Post' and nothing happens. (To get round that I have to go to 'More Reply Options'.) Or I'll try to quote a post and nothing happens. (To get round that I right-click the quote button and open in a new tab.) Other times, everything works as it should. I don't know whether that's the forum's fault or my browser's. Of course, that doesn't provide a solution to the greyed-out editing button :-(

Seems to be permanent for me. I tried to edit the above post just to test it and still having the same problem. No matter, I`ll just have to get it right first time

Seems to be working now. Or maybe its me being a knob and not realising I had to hover the mouse over the "Edit" button to make it active doh. Then again I`m sure I tried clicking it while it was greyed out and it wasn`t working, I can`t remember, its an age thing.

You know what I have at home? "Now that's what I call music" (note the absence of any numbers in the title). Unfortunately I can't fit the album into either of the CD or SD slots.

Yeah that's cos you're not folding it right

Well...I dont have a "Edit" button, just `Report`, `MultiQuote` and `Quote`.

There are a couple of threads in the support forum about that (search "no edit button"). Browser caching issue, I believe.

There are a couple of threads in the support forum about that (search "no edit button"). Browser caching issue, I believe.

Thank you.

Pity one can not trust internal clock (mine is not sharp, slightly "faster") for one reason I can not explain: Columbus adopts clock reading from MFD MaxiDot. Should be opposite: GPS time should be primary source. Not quite German logic.

Not only one has to manually adjust clock (if he is sharp time-crazy like me), but "faster" clock makes such adjustment trickier. Never heard if VAS PC can change the situation.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post but its great:

pet peeves...

No time display for front passenger

climate control buttons too small

radio reception poor in hilly areas

seat leather quality

cup holders too small

default electric boot close from boot only (VCDS will fix this soon!)

lack of traction when accelerating in the wet (may be the useless Falkens on the front)

constant 12V power to cigarette sockets

and of course the silly winking fog/cornering lights.

Edited by williamshatnerspants

I few of my thoughts after a few months...

- Some of the dials badly placed for right hand drive, eg cannot see mirror folding or climate temperature when turned down below 19C.

- No USBs.

- Badly positioned cup holders in centre.(OK if left hand drive) Handbrake on wrong side of cup holders.

- Cheap carpets that can hold chaff better than Velcro!

- Would prefer more reach and lower adjustment for steering wheel.

- Front sensors have to be manually turned on if reverse has not been selected.

- No reversing camera, a must for a car of this size.

I am sure there are many more niggly things I will think of, but otherwise I am very impressed with the car.

-

My edit button is usually greyed out but I can still use it by touching it on my phone or iPad or clicking it on my PC. ;)

***edit***

It was greyed out just now when I touched it to make this edit. :)

• Like 1

No date display on the Columbus despite there being a place to edit the date

the hissing/squeak noise the suspension makes going over bumps which ruins a sunny days driving.

(luckily there is only one pot hole within a hundred miles of where I live.)*

*more lies

• Like 1

Overall an impressive car which we all agree.....the most annoying ones are:

- door armrest position (high, bit rearward & hard compared to centre console armrest) which affects my comfortable driving position

- restricted steering wheel downward movement

- squeaks & rattles really annoy me

- Columbus startup being really slow at times

Really can't think of anything else as I have tonnes and tonnes of positive things about SII which makes me 'Smile' every day  :happy:

I preferred the very rigid cruise control on the Octavia I had before the Superb alright. Allowing a km/h each way almost certainly improves fuel economy though.

My edit button is usually greyed out but I can still use it by touching it on my phone or iPad or clicking it on my PC. ;)

***edit***

It was greyed out just now when I touched it to make this edit. :)

Yeah, its always greyed-out, which makes me think is a deliberate sneaky ploy to stop us folk undertaking "edits".....

....but you cant fool us.... you surreptitiously hover-over the ribbon and it appears.....its like magic!

back to the point....

There really isn't much I dislike vs. our MKI...

Now, lemme think....

Ok,

The poorer quality and shorter pile carpet?

No metal door opening pull handles?

No chrome metal "D" shape retractable tie-hoops in the boot?

The poorer quality leather used on the seats? 

The reflections in the door mirrors of the chrome strips on the dash? 

The buzzing from the fuel pump under the rear passenger seats?

A much poorer quality AND smaller umbrella?  

Ermmmmmm..... OK, OK.... so I'm really struggling, yeah? :notme:

back to the point....

There really isn't much I dislike vs. our MKI...

Now, lemme think....

Ok,

The poorer quality and shorter pile carpet?

No metal door opening pull handles?

No chrome metal "D" shape retractable tie-hoops in the boot?

The poorer quality leather used on the seats? 

The reflections in the door mirrors of the chrome strips on the dash? 

The buzzing from the fuel pump under the rear passenger seats?

A much poorer quality AND smaller umbrella?  

Ermmmmmm..... OK, OK.... so I'm really struggling, yeah? :notme:

There is a pattern there I think i.e. the quality is becoming poorer.  The question is, has this trend carried through to the MkIII which would be a concern!

There is a pattern there I think i.e. the quality is becoming poorer.  The question is, has this trend carried through to the MkIII which would be a concern!

I agree, albeit I don't think the "quality" is becoming "poorer" per se, but it is more obvious that the VW corporate cost pressure is being applied....

However, on a positive note people, I read that the MKIII features metal interior door opening handles! LOL!