BMW 335d - what the?

I love these engines, not sure if I'd prefer the 5 or 3 series tho. The 5 probably. Wouldn't be much in it perfromance wise. They can give a bit of trouble with turbos seemingly (what car doesn't) ill have one of these at some point tho haha

Like many cars of the ilk they can suffer from style and power over function and practicality.

Embarrassing when being overtaken by pedestrians.

Down to the usual, horses for courses.

No Traction no action.

george

Wow. What a real mine of info you posted there !!

• Like 2

Thats more like it lol, although I find your story far more credible than a PD160 and a map

I delivered the goods for you :)

All joking aside for no doubt how comfy they are and if they do get 45mpg give or take to be that quick it is a great car.

As for just a remapped affair, I lied, mine is standard just fitted a PD160 air intake!

• Like 1

The 4x4 BMWs (not Xs) were never supposed to come here but they are now, so you never know.

5.0l 3x turbo, giggidy giggidy goo

fGuyQuagmireArt_v1fa.jpg

Yeah xDrive in 3 series and 1 series is now here in BMW's as for the M550d they are a pure animal, 8 speed auto/paddle gearbox, the thing can do 25mph in 5th and out accelerate a lot of vehicles! I've been in the passenger seat of an X6 at BMW's training academy, and they even go round corners well considering there size!

8 speed auto/paddle gearbox

That new ZF box is meant to be amazing. Seem some motoring journalists mistake it for twin clutch it's so fast.

The M550d won't be in RHD - the steering column blocks the turbos or something (Chris Harris explains/reviews it, but I can't remember the reason.)

I'm pretty impressed with my 330d and I'd love a *35d/i. One day, one day!

I was following one down a back road in touring guise the other day, when we had to stop at a cross roads (he went straight, me right). The speed at which he disappeared was pretty amazing!

There's a 535d local to me, number plate is 'BIG BM D' pretty awesome haha it also has a mufflerecttomy I think, completely silent when cruising and when he boots it the noise is unreal. Sounds like thunder. You'd swear it was a petrol

The 550 diesel is still a 3ltr engine. It will have 3 turbos over 2.

:( There's no replacement for displacement.

I was dreaming of a 5l, V8 triple turbo...

To clarify I was in a standard tfsi vRS. The car looked like your normal 316i but by god it shifted effortlessly, even at the speeds we reached. It was impressive, even if I did find being beaten by a diesel a hard pill to swallow!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It was impressive, even if I did find being beaten by a diesel a hard pill to swallow!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There are so many diesels out there nowadays which are proper fast, so that's a bit of an outdated concept!!

I had a 335d Touring some years ago and, yes, it was a very effective, everyday weapon. Generally got around high 30s on a run and high 20s in town.

There'll almost certainly be a 340d soon, followed possibly by an M50d at some point. I've got the 40d in my X6 - that's quick, but the 50d X6 I've been in is utterly mental. In a 3 series, it would be epic.

• Like 1

I've been test driving company cars recently and one i had for a weekend was this badboy

62152_10151485176696745_725468192_n.jpg

A brand new F30 330d MSPORT, it was stupidly fast in sport mode blew my Octy and pretty much everything else on the road into the weeds.

While i could have one if i wanted i've decided to cross it off my list as it would be too easy to loose my licence in it long term.

• Like 1

^^ youve crossed it off??....

You gay?

If you have never driven a BMW.... i urge everyone to try it, nothing drives like a BMW, they really are the ultimate driving machine.

• Like 1

I'm more concerned about keeping my licence, plus it wasn't as nice inside as this which while not quite as fast was more comfortable with nicer toys.

526475_10151461819681745_1165236677_n.jpg

C250 AMG SPORT PLUS

^^ youve crossed it off??....

You gay?

If you have never driven a BMW.... i urge everyone to try it, nothing drives like a BMW, they really are the ultimate driving machine.

But it burns chip oil!!!!

Good choice with the Merc, the one I'd got for too if it was a business tool.

I'm more concerned about keeping my licence, plus it wasn't as nice inside as this which while not quite as fast was more comfortable with nicer toys.

C250 AMG SPORT PLUS

I like :) Great colour in the flesh. I was lucky enough to get the 350cdi version last year and it is really quick. Tried a side by side test with an Audi TT TTS and even though I have a much poorer power to weight ratio than the TT, I do have 460lb/ft or those torques thingies :) The result was a dead heat from 50 to....well something quite high and at the finish I was just starting to pull forward from him (only just though)

They only come in auto as the manual couldn't handle the torque.

Awesome.

The current one yes, the previous model could be had as a manual.

Having driven 325 and 330d and almost buying one, they are stunning.

It's a car I want to own at some point.

C250 AMG SPORT PLUS

Drove one right after driving a 330d and it rolled dreadfully even with the AMG suspension and just wasn't a patch on the BMW.

I'd get the BMW every time. For those who like an armchair cruise with relentless acceleration, the a C350 isn't bad.

Edited by cheezemonkhai