very upset,angry, please dont open if you dont like blood , need to share this with someone before i explode

stig1

That's horrific mate, dogs are incredibly resilient and I hope she pulls through. Shame you didn't grab a knife and sorted out the problem there and then. Does the guy who's dogs attacked yours have any insurance? You could claim through it if he does.

What's they paypal address for donations?

Mike

Take it to Facebook, posting it on the right Pages and in the right Groups will really help it to spread. If you need help let me know, part of my job is managing social media accounts.

feel free to
  • Like 2

bit of a set back today , we had to take keira back to the vets the stitches on her neck have bust , its a right mess again , got to take her back again tomorrow , its really starting to wear us out now , and all costing a small fortune

Jack Russells are awful little things! We had to get rid of one when I was little as it went for my mum. We have a friend who has one and it still ****es in the house when it feels like. Not because it isn't house trained, just because they are little ****s when they want to be!

We have had a few Jack in our family and all except one have been (and still are) lovely dogs. depends how they are bred the "bad" one was from a real working home - could get it house trained and didn't trust it with the kids.

One of the best used to sit on the back shelve of the car between the kids and was very protective - if a stager came to close to the car he would go nuts!

RyandEuanandZippy2_zps485c0f30.png

Edited by slider

Having owned dogs for 25 years, I am shocked and saddened by this.

I don't agree with all the comments about Staffies being evil or Jack Russells. Staffies used to be called Nanny Dogs as they were left to guard children. Please don't confuse pure Staffies with the Mongrel scum cross bred with various pit bull types bred purely for aggression. Some of the friendliest and most loyal dogs without an evil bone in their bodies have been Staffies, Rottweilers, Dobermans, GSD etc, all of which are dangerous in the hands of a moron.

A dog's temperament is determined very early in its life by how it is raised and trained and incorporated in to the whole extended pack of the family. Unfortunately, early damage is very unlikely to be undone.

IMHO owners of dogs that behave dangerously should be banned for life from owning any pets.

I really feel for you as I too have had a dog attacked, but a kick in the testicles with steel toe cap boots on soon got the other dog to release its grip. Shame I legally could not do the same to the moron of an owner.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bit of a set back today , we had to take keira back to the vets the stitches on her neck have bust , its a right mess again , got to take her back again tomorrow , its really starting to wear us out now , and all costing a small fortune

Sorry to hear that, sending Keira all our best wishes.

Thats a bit harsh, i also have had bad experiences with jack russels as a kid and come to think of it i can't think of an occasion where i have met one that isn't nasty. However any dog has the potential to kill given the right circumstances. They are technically all a minimum 95% WOLF however domesticated some may appear. Selective breading can create some very strange even agressive traits in families. In fact it makes me laugh that we judge a dog on appearance yet if we did the same with people we would be accused of racism and potentially prosecuted, yet fundamentally there is no difference.

Not really, just my experience and opinion. As I said before I'd never 'judge' a dog and will always give the benefit of the doubt on a 'dog by dog' basis. However I'd never buy a Staffie or a jack because they're just not my thing.

Jack Russells and Westies have been nasty little ****ers in my own experience. They're just more nervous dogs, maybe because they're so small. I've found that larger dogs that people tend to be afraid of are actually more laid back in reality.

Edited by Aspman

ServicesInteract with the Kennel ClubPress AreaKennel Club CampaignsResources at Clarges StreetHistory of the Kennel ClubThe Art GalleryThe LibraryThe Picture LibraryDog Photographer of the YearKennel Club AffiliatesKennel Club AssociatesKennel Club MembersKennel Club Charitable TrustYoung Kennel ClubThe Kennel GazetteJob OpportunitiesUseful information on Pitbull Terrier Law

05-Jan-07

Advice from www.doglaw.co.uk concerning Pit Bull Terrier Type dogs

As a result of recent events, we have put together this brief summary of the law together with some practical advice. It is not intended to be a complete review of the law relating to pit bull terriers and you should take legal advice on your specific circumstances.

If you think you have an unregistered pit bull type dog, it cannot be voluntarily registered. Owning an unregistered pit bull terrier type dog is unlawful and if you have such a dog you are committing a criminal offence.

An option available to you is, of course, to have the dog destroyed. We appreciate that in most cases this would be unacceptable to a pet owner. If you do not want to have your dog destroyed:-

1. Have a look at the DEFRA guidance on identification of unlawful dogs to see if your dog might fall under the definition of a pit bull type (via the links page on this site – see ‘DEFRA guidance on prohibited dogs’). Alternatively, go to the Police (see 3 below)

2. Take your dog to your vet to ask for an opinion of the dog’s type NB Not all vets are sufficiently familiar with this complicated area of identification, so you may be referred to someone else. (There are also some show judges, and others, who have expertise on this issue but we have suggested your vet as the first person to speak to for the sake of convenience). Alternatively, go to the Police (see 3 below)

3. Contact your local Police and ask them what they would like you to do. If the Police believe that your dog is a pit bull type, there is a significant risk that your dog will be seized and will remain in a Police appointed kennel until the case is concluded.

4. The Police will have your dog examined by their experts and if they conclude that your dog is a pit bull terrier type, you will probably be prosecuted under Section 1 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. At Court, unless you can prove that your dog isn’t a pit bull terrier type dog you will be convicted. Although the Act gives a maximum penalty of 6 months prison, we have never dealt with a case where an ‘ordinary’ dog owner has been sent to prison for this offence. The most likely sentence is that you will be fined (or given a conditional discharge) and ordered to pay costs (which may include kennelling fees). As to your dog, you will need to prove that it would not constitute a danger to public safety, and if you can, the Court may allow it to be registered (otherwise it must be destroyed). You will have to pay for the registration fee, the insurance, the neutering, microchipping and insurance. The dog will not be returned to you until all this is completed. Please remember that once the dog is returned then other conditions must also be complied with (see below).

its a very sad day for us today at 1515 we had to have keira put to sleep , when we took her for he appointment today she said the infection was spreading and there was very little they could do for her in our current situation , all i can say is thanks to all that helped

its a very sad day for us today at 1515 we had to have keira put to sleep , when we took her for he appointment today she said the infection was spreading and there was very little they could do for her in our current situation , all i can say is thanks to all that helped

I am so so sorry to hear this. We had to put our 17 year old dog down last year, it's an awful experience. :(

So upset for you, but try and remeber her in the good times it does help.

2 years since we lost our retrevier but still looking for him in the mornings to give toast crusts to before memory kicks in.

Stig soooo sorry to hear this terrible news :( you need to get a hold of you local mp and sort this out get canine defence league involved also make an official complaint about the ineffective police officers that dealt with this, once again my deepest sympathy to you and your family, we anthropormorphosise animals especially dogs and cats so they are literally your family members, terrible news

Horrific..

Staffs, pit bulls etc should be banned from this country, the owners obviously defend them but the damage these type of dogs have caused tells its own story, they are unpredictable and for one thing only. Hope you and your for recover soon.

Shame you didn't have a gun.

more kids drown in ponds every year than are killed by staffs etc so ban ponds, ban crossing the road too and hospitals while we are at it, don't get me wrong what has happened here boils my blood and is certainly criminal but banning something just because it may be dangerous is retarded

I am sorry to hear this. I have had to have 2 put to sleep, 1 for cancer and 1 for a brain tumour, but both lived to be around 15. My current dog is 13, deaf as a post and slowly going blind, so not looking forward to the next time.

I really feel for you.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

really gutted for you Stig1. I know your mind will be elsewhere just now but as seboni says the vermin that caused this really need to be brought to book. hopefully by doing this you can get some closure.

So sorry to hear this sad news stig1, i know its not much consolation but at least she wont be suffering now.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

So sorry for your loss and it sounds like you did the kindest thing that an owner can do for their pet.

My heart goes out to you, especially in view of the horrific circumstances surrounding your loss. You lost Keira before her time was due and that was because of these idiotic and irresponsible neighbours who couldn't keep their beasts under control. They should be prosecuted and if I were you I wouldn't rest until justice was done.

RIP Keira

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Like everyone else has said lets hope the publicity this thread has highlighted, that the owners of the dogs are brought to justice, but my fear is that our taxpayer funded Police service that just want to do tick box paperwork will do nothing as usual!!!