Delivery times

SUK just called back and my car is being built week 37 which is next week so the dealer wasn't far off, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he may have old information :)

Just had the dealer on again confirming it's being built this week and they're pushing/hoping for it to be here by the end of the month so they can get it on their figures for the month.

So when does MY13 become MY14 then? Just so I know what to tell my insurance Co.

I ordered my car 26 June & it was built week 33, that's week ending 18 August & it is a MY14. Not certain when it changed from MY13 but they are now MY14. I would think that all your insurance company needs is a reg number & that identifies the details of your car.

Just spoken with my dealer.

I had a build week of 34 for my car with Front Assist and a provisional delivery date of this weekend.

Front Assist was delayed (again) and the chassis number only appeared on the system last week.

Current status as of today is showing as the vehicle is built and sitting at the exit port. Delivery is anticipated at the end of the month.

Andy

What is it.... Octavia VRS hatch 2.0 TSI in White... Only option is the black pack....

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Build week 40, est arrival at local dealer, 17th of october. (Tsi full option, no sunroof, left hand drive)

Edited by demaarten
  • Like 1

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Build week 40, est arrival at local dealer, 17th of october. (Tsi full option, no sunroof, left hand drive)

Combi or hatch? My hatch order (week23) and (non confirmed) buildweek (week 42) seems an eternity comparing to our nice neighbours in the south.

(full options, 1.6tdi, dsg, no pano or whatsoever). 13 weeks faster :)
Edited by Badnews.nl

Had a rather odd call from my dealer yesterday who said "Skoda UK have said there are delays, but they can't confirm what the delays are yet - I'm just keeping you informed, hopefully we are still going for a December delivery date" (or words to that effect)

Think the call was really just so he could tick the box to say he'd called me back, it's only taken him a week! - I don't know what to make of it all really, I think i'm going to leave it for a bit and revisit in a few weeks.

For info my order is a vRS TDI Hatch, options are black pack, sat nav, cruise and race blue

Combi or hatch? My hatch order (week23) and (non confirmed) buildweek (week 42) seems an eternity comparing to our nice neighbours in the south.

(full options, 1.6tdi, dsg, no pano or whatsoever). 13 weeks faster :)

It is a combi

Edited by demaarten

Hi Guys,

New to this forum and new to Skoda ownership (or will be in a few weeks).

I ordered a Octavia vRS Estate (TSI) one week after the order books opened. I was the third estate order that was taken by my dealer in Norwich. 

The car is due to be built on Monday (personally confirmed by Skoda UK) and should be delivered within four weeks (i hope). Out of interest i asked the dealer about the hatchback and he doesn't expect any to arrive until approximately the new march reg. However, he said they hadn't taken any hatch back orders anyway.

The interesting thing is that the two orders prior to mine were built at the beginning of this week and were awaiting shipment  - probably for the next batch of cars (mine included) to join them before getting on the ship.

Just thought i would throw my ten pence in!

Thx

The wait goes on & on!!!!

Car was built week 33 - after 3 weeks it finally made it to the exit port - now Week 37 & car in UK. Told today car won't be delivered to dealer for another week. So when they have done their thing looks like week 39 when I finally get the car. That is 6 weeks after being built, which does not quite fit with Skoda's delivery to the customer 3 to 4 weeks after leaving the factory quote.

Car was built week 33 - after 3 weeks it finally made it to the exit port - now Week 37 & car in UK. Told today car won't be delivered to dealer for another week. So when they have done their thing looks like week 39 when I finally get the car.

Auch :(

I feel with you ... Did you suggest the dealer he borrowed you a flatbed so you can go get it yourself? :p

I only ordered 2 moths ago, and I'm climbing the walls just waiting for the build date! Don't know how those waiting 6 moths (or more ...) does it!

ordered 23rd July, built week 36. Arrived in Grimsby this morning. Just needs to get through customs and get a transporter slot now

DARN My order date was 15th July!

Well ehm ... Congratulations on getting your car fast!

• Like 1

DARN My order date was 15th July!

Well ehm ... Congratulations on getting your car fast!

its not here yet!  sounds like ours may arrive at the same time.

i think weve done pretty well as I was originally expecting october/nov :)

just thought I'd update this as not very exited (honest)

ordered 23rd July, built week 36. Arrived in Grimsby this morning. Just needs to get through customs and get a transporter slot now

Mine was built week 35 so dare I dream it is in the UK? I think it's the not knowing when we expect to get the car that's the hard thing. On the up side, the longer we wait, the later the payments start and the better deal I get on my guaranteed trade in figure.

• Like 1

You see the same type of concerns over on the Golf GTI forum - seems that long waits are just the way things are. To be fair, from the experience I've seen of others any factory build (any make) seems to take around 12 weeks.

I've been advised that mine is sitting in Emdem and has been released for shipping!!

Should arrive in Sheerness Port by the end of next week. Ordered June 10th. Original build week was 35, actually done in 36.

2.0 TDI DSG Elegance

Steel Grey

Bi-Xenon

Adaptive Cruise

Park Assist

KESSY

Spare Wheel

Heated Seats

3-Spoke Wheel w/paddles

... and you had better believe there will be a TON of pictures.

1.8TSI DSG Elegance, Bi-Xenon, Leather, ACA, TPM, Heated seats, Webasto, heated windscreen etc.

Ordered end of August, production week 47, delivery ~6th of December.

Edited by macaaron