Delivery times

That's complete rubbish... You can very well add PA without FA (at least in Romania!). If you go for FA then it asks for the Maxi-dot and the front fog lights, meanwhile you can get the PA and it asks for Maxi-dot and the Bolero. That's it. The two systems aren't tied together...

That's complete rubbish... You can very well add PA without FA (at least in Romania!). If you go for FA then it asks for the Maxi-dot and the front fog lights, meanwhile you can get the PA and it asks for Maxi-dot and the Bolero. That's it. The two systems aren't tied together...

Indeed you can order PA without FA and visa versa. I did :)

Lewjo (Joseph)

I asked my dealer for FA and he gave me FA:)

I then went back and asked for a discount and got one ( £1000 and better triad in) and a delivery period of around 12 weeks form order to delivery.

Front assist is linked to ACC though.

Right. Official SUK line as of this afternoon was that:

My build hadn't entered the "big system" yet (hinted this was due to dealer quotas!!) but that as it hadn't, no changes would make any difference other than ACC or Front assist.

So contacted dealer and asked for Park Assist stating what Skoda had told me. Now it's on. 

Annoyingly, it looks like the dealer was quoting standard 14 week turnaround  - which is apparently what the factories have committed to meeting for vehicles without the accessories causing problems.

FA and ACC (and one other I cant remember) have now all been deleted now to meet this.  She was helpful, but said that the Octavia had been causing a problem like they've never had before. 

She also gave detail of the sort of batches they do in the factories, and that the more "lit up like a Christmas tree it was with options" the longer it would wait.

The story continues..

I just think its a lottery when you will receive the car, regardless of options, dealer quotas etc, it just seems that you place an order the dealer quotes 12 weeks as that is the usual expected turnaround, some people are lucky and get them in 10, some are unlucky and get bumped for many more weeks, and a few get them bang on the 12 weeks!

Mine is due to me by the 12 week quoted, about a week before Xmas, got a provisional build date of 49 last week, so that would of made it around Xmas by the time it was delivered to the dealer etc, now, its been bumped into Skoda space, and the young lady on the phone said to me that she would be surprised if it turned up this year at all, and in all probability to expect it at the earliest, January.

I am not overly bothered about the actual delivery of mine as the more its delayed means the more I am paying on my current PCP, so with a fixed PX price it means my monthly payments for my new car will be less, however, its frustrating that Skoda just keep changing the goal posts all the time, I accept that certain demand for options can outstrip supply and they have taken action by removing certain options, but you would think a worldwide company that has a presence all over the world can't anticipate demand more accurately than this, they would surely have highly paid boffins that analyse and predict the market and they just seem to of cocked up an awful lot this time, its madness!

And to see now that it appears they have removed the driver centre armrest as a standard feature on a vRS and its not available as an option, is just downright madness, its one thing that is very important to me in my car, yet now I don't even know if I will get one or not!!!!

I love the Skoda Octavia vRS, however, it does make me consider other makes and models in the future as this nonsense is just so infuriating!

• Like 1

Well mine was ordered 11/08/13 and I'll be collecting it tomorrow so that's just under 12 weeks. Not bad considering they hadn't started building the VRS hatch when I placed my order. I was also told not to expect it until late December or early January so it's turned up a good 8 weeks earlier than forcast. :)

Lewjo (Joseph)

• Like 1

I received an update from my lease company today.

Car (1.6TDI DSG) was ordered start of July and was quoted 6 weeks for delivery (I am in Czech).

Now delivery pushed out to middle October so now 14 weeks!!!

Oh well. Live goes on.

Had a call yesterday to say my car was ready for collection. So 17 weeks from order.

On the bus up to Prague to pick it up :)

And to see now that it appears they have removed the driver centre armrest as a standard feature on a vRS and its not available as an option, is just downright madness, its one thing that is very important to me in my car, yet now I don't even know if I will get one or not!!!!..........

Spoke to SUK today and armrest in front is still standard on VRS. New brochure contradicts itself and isn't clear for which they apologised.

• Like 2

Jeff I ordered from redditch but to be very honest I wouldn't buy another car from them I have had too many issues

I have heard similar things. Been dealing with the dealer in Malvern. They've been good to a few friends of mine with octavia's.

Hi all.

Ordered mine October 21 and was given a mid to late February delivery date so have decided to wait till the new reg in march what's another week or two when I'll have waited that long, hopefully some of the back log will be cleared by then.

I guess I'll have to make do with all your pick up photos ( not jealous at all ).

Ordered Vrs tdi dsg hatch. Race blue, sat nav, cruse, winter pack and black pack.

Can't wait.

Called today to chase up build week. They still say week 47 (though unconfirmed). I ordered Petrol VRS Estate Manual with ACC, Park Assist, Nav etc. Skoda Customer services didn't see any issues, yet I am fully expecting them to turn around and give me the bad news...

Called today to chase up build week. They still say week 47 (though unconfirmed). I ordered Petrol VRS Estate Manual with ACC, Park Assist, Nav etc. Skoda Customer services didn't see any issues, yet I am fully expecting them to turn around and give me the bad news...

When did you order yours?

Mine has no build date but had previously been wk48.

My sig has the full spec and date ordered.

they would surely have highly paid boffins that analyse and predict the market

I think they're spending too long comparing the market ;-) (Sergei also has worms)

Bad humor aside, I suspect they have learned some valuable lessons from this and things will improve over time. It may be part of the VW group but Skoda is still its own company as such and invariably this means that they take time to mature under the big corporate machine.

No mention of pano roof for Estate version which is also supposedly one of the options causing delays? Or silver roof rails for that matter...

Please see attached ladies and gents.

Not very good news if you have ordered a VRS.

attachicon.gifProduction and Supply update - Week 45.pdf

Looking at that, it's 16 - 17 weeks! Is that ordering from THIS WEEK (45) onwards? Or does that apply to my order... for instance which was placed on the 15th October?? Does this mean my car won't come with lane assist??? Or is this from orders placed from now. If they are dropping lane assist from my car are they going to refund me some money??? A mess if you ask me, from one of the most advanced automotive plants in the world.

Looking at that, it's 16 - 17 weeks! Is that ordering from THIS WEEK (45) onwards? Or does that apply to my order... for instance which was placed on the 15th October?? Does this mean my car won't come with lane assist??? Or is this from orders placed from now. If they are dropping lane assist from my car are they going to refund me some money??? A mess if you ask me, from one of the most advanced automotive plants in the world.

As far as I am aware that is 16 weeks from ordering this week (45). Can't say on your other queries.

A massive **** up. I took delivery of my 2.0 TDI Elegance estate in sept but it was not the colour I ordered. So they ordered me another which I was led to believe was exactly the same spec. It is meant to be being built this week. I find out via this forum about the front assist issue which I have on the original car I am driving now.

I emailed the dealer asking if this will cause delays and he told me that the new one was ordered without front assist because of these issues. I am livid that I have not been told this by the dealer and probably would have only found out that I didn't have front assist after driving the car away. Thank goodness for these forums.

I am having park assist on the new one for free but that is worth £450 and I'm going to be making three extra finance payments of £270 x 3 which is more than £450.

So still I'm not getting the car I want. I like front assist and I just feel that my experience of buying a new car with skoda a nightmare. I love the car but skoda are crap and so is my local dealer.