The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Some more 'Wild Emperor' pics - what about the wheel carrier eh?

http://new.carschina.com/qitahezixinche/20130830647645.html

OMG I cannot believe my eyes!!!!  The actually took that spare wheel out back to production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Eeck.  Maybe this is a seven seat version hence the spare had to go out back?

45_113430_2.jpg

45_113431_4.jpg

45_113431_3.jpg

I wonder how they made it work?  It must swing out and away somehow.  If you look closely it seems it is attached to the top of the bumper and that part of the bumper (and up to above the number plate) has a cut out of some sort.  I guess this can hinge somehow.

• Like 1

My guess is it works something like this:

ig8o.jpg

Where the yellow bit is the part of the bumper that hinges out and then the hatch is just the standard one going upwards as normal.  It will hinge this way in China since that means you access the boot space from the pavement side.

Similar to the VW Touareg's then:

478601950.jpg

093.jpg

Here is a Yeti at the official Chinese launch:

Chinese-made-Skoda-Yeti.jpg

From:  http://www.chinacartimes.com/2013/08/30/chinese-skoda-yeti-debuts-chengdu-wild-emperor/

Actually rather like that. Good colour, front looks aggressive, ride height looks higher than the European version? Altogether a bit butched up with the longer wheelbase and spare wheel on the back too.

I believe this may be available with a 7 seat option...

My guess is it works something like this:

ig8o.jpg

Where the yellow bit is the part of the bumper that hinges out and then the hatch is just the standard one going upwards as normal.  It will hinge this way in China since that means you access the boot space from the pavement side.

That is how it works on the VW Touareg and so I would say it must be.

Phew, at least no-one went out on a limb and called the chance of a rear tyre a disguise or silly gimmick or an abortion :-)

Now own up, who now has to eat a hat or run naked through the street?

P.s. yes I know it's only for china - I guess they don't get the rear view camera option?

Interesting vid, think unlike Johann I like the white city version best, still put off by the outdoors 'saw tooth' come Lego front bumper and fog light arrangement; city is much neater in this respect.

TP

+1. I would have liked the city version even more if they had left the plastic skirting bits below the doors and the protection strip that runs along the lower part of the door in black colour. That would make the side profile look sleeker in my view. 

I would want a spare wheel if I had a Yeti but it kind of ruins the boot.

Really? There's so much vertical height in a Yeti boot that losing a few inches to the spare wheel doesn't trouble me at all in practice.

• Like 3

Really? There's so much vertical height in a Yeti boot that losing a few inches to the spare wheel doesn't trouble me at all in practice.

The reason it would bother me is that it then doesn't leave a level floor if you flip or remove the rear seats, and I think you also can't use the Skoda bike holder if you have the spare wheel? Could be wrong though?

Rear mounted wheel would be a nice option for us to have here too. I would want a spare wheel if I had a Yeti but it kind of ruins the boot.

Looks like a mini spare wheel not the 16inch rim version that is fitted in the UK boot (compare the rear wheel carrier width versus the rear wheel). A mini spare in UK cars would also lower the boot floor inside...

• Like 1

Anyone else read the review in todays Scotsman? I'm a tad confused by it!

Many things in the scotsman confuse me. A once great newspaper reduced to a tartan clone of the daily mail desperately seeing to appeal to endangered minorities (conservative voters)

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

The reason it would bother me is that it then doesn't leave a level floor if you flip or remove the rear seats, and I think you also can't use the Skoda bike holder if you have the spare wheel? Could be wrong though?

That is what the Yeti 1 was like. I had the internal bike carrier but never used it because I had to remove the false floor and mount the spare wheel elsewhere. I ended up selling the carrier.

Putting the seats down made a level floor, until you rolled them forwards.

I prefer the way my Freelander works- wheel mounted on rear door (full size) and level floor all way through when seats are rolled up.

You can't remove the seats or slide them though. I never took the seats out and only slid them to gift more boot spare, but it was weird because the middle one didn't slide. Nobody could use the outer seats when they were pushed forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a image at skodahome.cz

1150142_416066211831082_1177209096_n.jpg

Well the FL Yeti has attracted more interest than the show off cheese on the skate board to the right  :giggle:

Either that or the poor cub had been abandoned in the middle of a skate board park..  :|