Cheap Supermarket Air

Tell me when your next doing it so I can come and watch you letting all the air out of your Tyres and then refilling with the Shell stuff!

I assume you did originally let all the air out or did you just put a few psi in and then think that 5% of "new" air makes the difference?

What a load of b*****ks!

Tell me when your next doing it so I can come and watch you letting all the air out of your Tyres and then refilling with the Shell stuff!

I assume you did originally let all the air out or did you just put a few psi in and then think that 5% of "new" air makes the difference?

What a load of b*****ks!

Amazing! This whole thread completely went over your head didn't it??? :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

After the roast we've just eaten I think I should use the gravy as a tyre sealant and the hot oven air with the scent of roast chicken for tyre inflation.

As the chicken came from Aldi (no filling station) and the gravy browning was from Asda (with filling station) hopefully there will be no performance disadvantage against the same items if purchased from the Shell Shop.

Only time will tell of course and at least if I do have a puncture it will smell nice.

:giggle:

What a load of b*****ks!

No it's quite true, if you don't let all the supermarket air out first then obviously it would dilute the Shell air going in and therefore the benefits would not be as beneficial if you used only exclusive patent Shell air. which? did an analysis of Shell air a couple of years ago and found traces of CO2, argon, hydrogen and other gases present which they believed may have been the secret ingredients, together with a surprisingly high level of nitrogen and over 20% oxygen.

• Like 3

I find that the more rarefied air I get at home, being 300m above sea level, makes the car go faster and run cleaner.

I fill mine near to work for the opposite reason, high density air, quick inflation and lasts longer.

I find that the more rarefied air I get at home, being 300m above sea level, makes the car go faster and run cleaner.

Anything below 1000m above sea level are useless. 

If you like I can fill some balloons with FRESH Norwegian thin mountain air and send over for a small fee.. :P

It's all about density, Clarkson filled a car up early in the morning because the air was colder and had a higher density than latter in the day. He then drove London to Scotland and back using only the mornings air.

I only use skoda approved air in my tyres so not to void the warranty. The skoda parts person sells me it a bucket full at a time. I take my own bucket as it works out cheaper.

I hope you've got a lid for that bucket to stop the Skoda approved air getting contaminated.

By the way, if you can get an oil drum and get the dealer to fill that up, it works out cheaper...

I only use skoda approved air in my tyres so not to void the warranty. The skoda parts person sells me it a bucket full at a time. I take my own bucket as it works out cheaper.

I tried that but was charged corkage by my dealer

Hey guys, I've got some continental air I'd like to sell you. It's light and fresh (high altitudes and all) and guaranteed to improve all sorts of performance issues (motoring related or otherwise). It's cheap too, since it's eastern Europe air. ;)

• Like 1

I tend to use air from a different continent on each corner and always only half fill they tyres. I find it helps me ride out the global economic turmoil, and costs me a lot less because of all this inflation everywhere(!)

• Like 1

I wanted to try the air used at Porsche garages as I'm told it makes the car go faster...

For a moment there Tim, I though you were suggesting that Porsche recommends "used air"!  That could be a disaster - only brand new air for my tyres.

• Like 1

For a moment there Tim, I though you were suggesting that Porsche recommends "used air"!  That could be a disaster - only brand new air for my tyres.

No they only use new nitrogen, never used, specially mined and bottled in Stuttgart and imported direct to Porsche GB in Reading, who distribute it to the dealerships from there. Use of non-genuine Porsche nitrogen immediately invalidates the warranty.

Edited by Timoctav

Guys, I just read an article up on Auto Express in which two identical Yeti's one 4wd one Fwd were just tested in harsh winter conditions to measure acceleration, braking and handling.

The 4wd Yeti's tyres were filled using summer air and the Fwd using winter specific air................probably don't need to go on do I?

............................and yes for the millionth time you can buy steel wheel and tyres filled with winter air packages at MyTyres  :wall:

............................no we don't need another thread with pics of car's riding on winter air. :@