How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

Sure it's not just using the sat nav data?

That's from 2013...

Assuming it wasn't a glitch i did have a QQ with this sort of system that would occasionally pick up the speed restriction signs displayed on the back of HGV's as i passed them.

I haven't got it (enabled at least) on the Octy so i don't know if that would be confused in the same manor.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to get TSR to work in Japan. I get the error " Road sign - No data available for the area". But, when I drive on the US Navy base here in Japan something magical happens. It starts working!

The road signs on base are exactly the same as the ones out in town. I think this happens because the US base perimeter is a restricted area and the Discover Pro thinks it is no longer in Japan. The navi maps are all blurred out on base too. 

This puts me in a unique situation where I can test different setting with geo restriction applied, or not applied.

I have entered the Controller A5, 10 - Adaptations, Road sign fusion - "Road sign Detection" to see if that annoying bong alert will go away. Will post here the next time I drive on base.

Please let me know if you would like me to try other setting. I very much want to get this working when driving off base too.

Most probably camera does not have Japanese speed limit signs loaded and because of that TSR does not work. There is no solution for that, at least that I am aware of.

It can be that the system treats US navy base territory as US country and then TSR starts working, because it has speed limit signs loaded for US.

Most probably camera does not have Japanese speed limit signs loaded and because of that TSR does not work. There is no solution for that, at least that I am aware of.

It can be that the system treats US navy base territory as US country and then TSR starts working, because it has speed limit signs loaded for US.

"The road signs on-base are exactly the same as the ones out in town (Japan local)".

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MI08y7hgzjI/S8sHn1z7voI/AAAAAAAAMus/NsVfEIWYG6Y/s1600/470px-Japanese_Road_sign_(Maximum_Speed_Limit_50kph).svg.png

They are the same as European speed limit signs. Brazil also uses the same speed limit sign format.

I think that I am in a unique situation where I can test (or reinforce) that a country/region filter is the issue.

All possible tests are welcome and highly appreciated.

It is not the problem of the sign shape, etc. If I remember correctly the camera has to have signs loaded for the country and then it works, if it does not have it loaded for the country, then the TSR will not work. Even if it can recognize it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've got an Octavia 3 from 2013 with Amundsen Navigation, Lane Assist and others.

A week ago a friend of mine used his VCDS to activate TSR with the result of the 'Limited Sign' error.

As far as i've red on this forum it should be the communication between the camera and the nav sat maps that gives the error?

Is there a solution found for the error? If so, what can be done to solve it?

I've seen something about the 'Traffic Sign Fusion' with the Byte 24 bit 6 for a Columbus but this will probably differ on a Amundsen?

The coding of the type of Nav unit (MMI 3G, MIB High, ...) setting to 'None' worked or not?

If no solution is present, i think i'll ask to place it back as it was before going on my journey.

Hoping someone has a solution or found the problem...

Thanks!

Hi,

I've got an Octavia 3 from 2013 with Amundsen Navigation, Lane Assist and others and I'm from Belgium.

My nav has the latest map update since today (2016/2017).

A week ago a friend of mine used his VCDS to activate TSR with the result of the 'Limited Sign' error.

As far as i've red on this forum it should be the communication between the camera and the nav sat maps that gives the error?

Is there a solution found for the error? If so, what can be done to solve it?

I've seen something about the 'Traffic Sign Fusion' with the Byte 24 bit 6 for a Columbus but this will probably differ on a Amundsen?

The coding of the type of Nav unit (MMI 3G, MIB High, ...) setting to 'None' worked or not?

If no solution is present, i think i'll ask to place it back as it was before going on my journey.

Hoping someone has a solution or found the problem...

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

I have been unable to get TSR to work in Japan. I get the error " Road sign - No data available for the area". But, when I drive on the US Navy base here in Japan something magical happens. It starts working!

The road signs on base are exactly the same as the ones out in town. I think this happens because the US base perimeter is a restricted area and the Discover Pro thinks it is no longer in Japan. The navi maps are all blurred out on base too. 

This puts me in a unique situation where I can test different setting with geo restriction applied, or not applied.

I have entered the Controller A5, 10 - Adaptations, Road sign fusion - "Road sign Detection" to see if that annoying bong alert will go away. Will post here the next time I drive on base.

Please let me know if you would like me to try other setting. I very much want to get this working when driving off base too.

My car is Golf 7 HL with Discover pro in japan. I also got the error with "no data availabe for the area" when I applied TSR cording.

But when I set STG A5 Byte 7 from "03 Navigation System type:MIB High" to "00 Navigation System NOT installed OR NO Listed" and set addaptation from "Road sign fusion" to "Road sign detection",

TSR works fine all my region.

• 2 weeks later...

My car is Golf 7 HL with Discover pro in japan. I also got the error with "no data availabe for the area" when I applied TSR cording.

But when I set STG A5 Byte 7 from "03 Navigation System type:MIB High" to "00 Navigation System NOT installed OR NO Listed" and set addaptation from "Road sign fusion" to "Road sign detection",

TSR works fine all my region.

This didn't worked with my car. Tried and no effect. Problem may lie in byte4 which i can't change to anything else.

There where in another byte two options, RoW and Japan, problably this has also some effect but didn't tried that one, not sure what else it changes.

01102242858e7e5.jpg

This didn't worked with my car. Tried and no effect. Problem may lie in byte4 which i can't change to anything else.

There where in another byte two options, RoW and Japan, problably this has also some effect but didn't tried that one, not sure what else it changes.

01102242858e7e5.jpg

I did try above Byte 4 also but I also can't set too. Friend of mine also successful to recognize the sign in Japan region. It might be regional restrictions.

Sorry for not help in your situation.

01102242858e7e5.jpg

Why don't you just edit the binary? You can set whatever value you want?

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to get this working in Australia but I'm not getting very far. My car was built in April 2016 and is an RS so comes with the Columbus system. I have inferred that the system is MIB2 from some of the slight changes in other parts of the adaptation naming. My car has lane assist fitted as standard. I have tried doing it carefully and then un-doing it 3 times. I've left the car to 'sleep' for 30 minutes, even tried a media system reset (hold the power button).

When I 'enable' TSR, I get the message 'No road signs available' in the maxidot. There's a guy on the vwwatercooled.com.au forums that says he got it working on his Scout, and there's also a couple of success stories for some TTs on the ozaudi.com forum, so it would seem it can detect our road signs (at least in Melbourne/Victoria where I am as that's where the Audi owner was from). On the first and most recent attempts I've lost the speed signs in the top right of the satnav screen (they come back eventually). On the second attempt I didn't lose them - weird.

I don't get the seemingly common 'limited feature' (or whatever) error message very often, perhaps only once when I enable it. I can't think of anything else to try...

When I 'enable' TSR, I get the message 'No road signs available' in the maxidot.

I set the fusion mode to 'road sign detection' and it now works, but I obviously now only get data from the camera, not the satnav.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here in Australia who has tried using the fusion method (from what I've read here and elsewhere) has had no results at all for traffic recognition.... it doesn't seem to work at all.

There's 2 other options.... from memory one is something like "horizon" and the other one I can't remember the name, but it's the one that works here.  But it overrides any inbuilt satnav data with the traffic signs it's recognised from the camera, rather than fusing the two together.