How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

I certainly lost my speed display in the RNS too.

Speed display in the RNS comes back only after ''bus ruhe''. So, when you code TSR, it will not be displayed on RNS. But you just lock the car and leave it for the night and in the morning it will display it. Tested on several vehicles.

I expect that if you recoded back everything you did, it should pop back up after good night sleep :).

PS: Did you enable it in RNS settings?

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can this be activated within the Columbus settings without plugging anything in and changing codes etc?

No.

You can turn the speed signs embedded within the map data on and off though, but they only show on the Columbus, not on the MFD.

Just tried it on a vRS with Amundsen and even with the navigation set to MIB Standard the restricted functionality message is still there grrrrrrrr......

Morning Andyvee, did you ever get this to work without the warning message on the Amundsen?

Morning Andyvee, did you ever get this to work without the warning message on the Amundsen?

I am not Andyvee, but sadly no. It will still give out restriction message.

Nope, and without having regular access to one to have a good play I doubt I ever will.

mine is available for prolonged periods of time if you decide you would like to attempt - as long as you reverse any failure...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What do you mean by 'first adaptation'? - Do you mean 'vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21'

If so, send me a full adaptation map of 5F from a MIB2 Columbus and I will have a look

What happens if you do the other adaptations and coding first then go back in to 5F and try to enable this?

What version of VCDS are you using?

Hi Andy, I have just been thru it again and I did the first bit last and it seems to of gone in this time, I will pop out and have a drive in a bit.

I don't know if this is a new but in the car settings menu there is an option for trailer traffic sign recognition

This option is ok, though I think that there should be another option above it, that enables display of traffic signs at the top of MFD.

Hope to get this sorted on my my16 amundsen soon!

With Amundsen it does not work ok due to limited functionality.
  • Like 1