200-220bhp best turbo?

All this talk of 2260's makes me wanna get mine fitted, been so busy lately and other people letting me down I've yet to start it all.

As a rough pricing Rich, I recently bought a tubular manifold, 150 headbolts, BLT EGR Delete, Quaife ATB LSD with ARP bolts, SRE Clutch and Pressure plate from darkside and just cost me 2.1k. I then bought the 2260 turbo from XMAN for £540 with a few other bits and pieces such as DP flange, braided oil feed and oil return pipe.

I'm machining my own flywheel at work (when I eventually get my billets) which will cost me whatever the price of the billet is.

I plan on getting it mapped by darkside oncd its all fitted.

Be interesting to see the smoke levels on silkys once Fabooka has mapped it :)

Little bit of smoke doesn't bother me (not as much as now!!!) so long as it's got the poke to go with it. At the moment mine is horrendous and isn't really that quick....yet.

People that say they don't get smoke either have tinted windows, or are not very observant imo :)
  • Like 1

So who supplied dirty torque when they started? That was said to be a previous supplier to darkside.

it was but thats another story or so i'm told Dirty Torque & DS where pals at 1 stage and then had a major fall out including who would supply who parts!!!!

Total - £4,656  plus fitting and mapping

Whacking a 1756 onto a stock manifold is looking quite tempting. :ph34r:

Rich bear in mind that if those are DS pricesthey don't include VAT so you need to add 20%.

When I briefly considered building a race Fabia Darkside gave me the following:

Here are the RETAIL prices on all the work to get the vehicle to 270bhp / ~375 Ft/lbs.

Trade discount is 10% off all the prices. They are also ex-VAT so add 20% .

Engine

Darkside Developments GTB2260Vk Turbo Kit with Tubular Stainless Manifold and 3" Downpipe - £1900

Darkside Developments Race PD Injectors with Firad Nozzles - £700 (Exchange)

SeatSport Front Mount Intercooler - £235

Hard Pipe Kit - £250

Darkside EGR Delete Race Pipe - £50 (ASZ) / £75 (BLT)

EGR Cooler Delete - £30 (BLT Only)

4 BAR MAP Sensor - £40

Milltek 2.5" Exhaust System - £275

Mapping - £400

Gearbox

SouthBend 02M Stage 3 Endurance - £1150

Peloquin LSD - £700

Diff Fitting with Shifter Fork Modification - £200 (with the gearbox off the car)

We have sold over 75 Turbo Kits with most of them going onto daily driver vehicles, so this will be more than comfortable to use on a day to day basis.

We also have several kits on Endurance Racing cars in Europe with zero failures in 2 seasons (they were blowing a hybrid turbo up every meeting before).

That's £5900 by my maths + 20% for VAT give a total of £7080 and there's no mention of fitting.....

Be interesting to see the smoke levels on silkys once Fabooka has mapped it :)

Little bit of smoke doesn't bother me (not as much as now!!!) so long as it's got the poke to go with it. At the moment mine is horrendous and isn't really that quick....yet.

it's pretty clean now, only smokes at WOT from 3k - 4k but Faboka is gonna take some fuel out in next map (hitting 2.5bar) :clap:  :D

it's totally clean coming on boost and spooling up and driving normally and returning 55mpg+

Rich bear in mind that if those are DS pricesthey don't include VAT so you need to add 20%.

When I briefly considered building a race Fabia Darkside gave me the following:

That's £5900 by my maths + 20% for VAT give a total of £7080 and there's no mention of fitting.....

I did add in my VAT near the bottom, but still quite a difference with the gearbox, LSD etc...

For a toy, you have to wonder if the extra 50bhp is worth it...  can't see it myself.

or how a petrol 1.8t with 210bhp (simple remap) compares to a diesel 210bhp car.

Considering I bought a whole SEAT Ibiza 1.8t for £1,000

Aaaargg, decision, decisions! :(

• Like 1

ah yeah so you did my bad.

In the most "bah humbug" way possible why not play with the toys you have?

Pretty sure most people would be happy with a choice of a ~400bhp TT hybrid disguised as a Citigo, a 400bhp R32 Skyline, a 300bhp Yeti, an R35 Nissan GT-R, a big Audi, let alone to have all those on the drive.

Do you NEED a diesel toy too?

You can only drive one at once and if you are planning to trailer the track toy to events behind one Yeti or another what's the benefit of going diesel rather than just doing something like that Ibiza you bought.

I know your a man who likes a project and can never keep your petrol infected brain still for long but when is enough enough.

I guess the other option find a partner (hint hint nudge nudge) who would happily donate their Fabia to the cause on the assumption that they would (potentially) help with the costs, and could run it on the road once all the mods were done and were contractually obliged to join you at a track when you wanted to play.....

too many options Richard

you could always just buy a tank....

• Like 1

it's pretty clean now, only smokes at WOT from 3k - 4k but Faboka is gonna take some fuel out in next map (hitting 2.5bar) :clap:  :D

it's totally clean coming on boost and spooling up and driving normally and returning 55mpg+

Would be interested in seeing how that goes once it's all mapped and what not..!

I added you on FB the other day btw.

ah yeah so you did my bad.

In the most "bah humbug" way possible why not play with the toys you have?

Pretty sure most people would be happy with a choice of a ~400bhp TT hybrid disguised as a Citigo, a 400bhp R32 Skyline, a 300bhp Yeti, an R35 Nissan GT-R, a big Audi, let alone to have all those on the drive.

Do you NEED a diesel toy too?

You can only drive one at once and if you are planning to trailer the track toy to events behind one Yeti or another what's the benefit of going diesel rather than just doing something like that Ibiza you bought.

I know your a man who likes a project and can never keep your petrol infected brain still for long but when is enough enough.

I guess the other option find a partner (hint hint nudge nudge) who would happily donate their Fabia to the cause on the assumption that they would (potentially) help with the costs, and could run it on the road once all the mods were done and were contractually obliged to join you at a track when you wanted to play.....

too many options Richard

you could always just buy a tank....

Enough thoughts for a whole new thread there, based on my mental issues. :D

• Like 1

it's pretty clean now, only smokes at wot from 3k - 4k but Faboka is gonna take some fuel out in next map (hitting 2.5bar) :clap:  :D

You said the same about your 1756, then posted videos of it smoking a rolling road building to death!!!! :)
Not doubting johns mapping skills as he goes above and beyond what a normal mapper puts in :)
But doubting your eyesight!!!!
55mpg? Who's been driving it,your nan????:)

When I briefly considered building a race Fabia Darkside gave me the following:

do not like. mine's also been just mapped and had a hybrid turbo between being standard and having a 2260... :-/

You said the same about your 1756, then posted videos of it smoking a rolling road building to death!!!! :)

Not doubting johns mapping skills as he goes above and beyond what a normal mapper puts in :)

But doubting your eyesight!!!!

55mpg? Who's been driving it,your nan????:)

Arh but we changed maps after that cause it was too smokey, I just did that map to see what top bhp it would make

Honest it's nice a clean, until you WOT after 3k then it smokey to 4k then starts to clean up

Was on it all the way to work today 25 miles dashing showing 40.1mpg

The other morning took it normal 55.6mpg no WOT

Would be interested in seeing how that goes once it's all mapped and what not..!

I added you on FB the other day btw.

I seen ya did pal saw your car at CumVag, looks well

It goes pretty well now, some more tweaks here and there Faboka is doing a grand job

1/4 miles drag racing on the 19,20th so will see how she performs there with some video footage as well of the smoke

The extra pull the 2260 gives is worth it over the 1756 mid/top end you wonder how a diesel pulls so well

• Like 1

TBH if I keep mine I'd go for the 2260 with standard manifold but this will only be as and when my turbo gets a little closer to death... Or else I REALLY feel like throwing some more money at it.... decisions....decisions. And this thread viewing is very bad for my wallet as I feel the need to splurge... must resist... must resist..

I did add in my VAT near the bottom, but still quite a difference with the gearbox, LSD etc...

For a toy, you have to wonder if the extra 50bhp is worth it...  can't see it myself.

or how a petrol 1.8t with 210bhp (simple remap) compares to a diesel 210bhp car.

Considering I bought a whole SEAT Ibiza 1.8t for £1,000

Aaaargg, decision, decisions! :(

Is it actually possible to fit a VW 1.8t or 2.0t engine & transmission into a Mk.1 Fabia?

Running costs would be a bit higher than the original diesel lump, If the car was actually used a lot on the road,(or even a track.....)  but it could be a very nice little Q-Car to play with!

DC

Contemplating the bigger power set up and got this far...

2260 turbo kit with manifold - £1,900

Injectors - £675

Intercooler and brackets - £235

Intercooler hard pipes - £260

Head bolts - £30

SMF clutch kit - £750

Posting - £30

VAT - £776

Total - £4,656  plus fitting and mapping

Whacking a 1756 onto a stock manifold is looking quite tempting. :ph34r:

Also an exhaust.. unless you have one already for it.... you'd want that as well to maintain flow through. And for the noise of course.

Is it actually possible to fit a VW 1.8t or 2.0t engine & transmission into a Mk.1 Fabia?

Running costs would be a bit higher than the original diesel lump, If the car was actually used a lot on the road,(or even a track.....) but it could be a very nice little Q-Car to play with!

DC

Yeah it's a direct swap from a Ibiza 1.8 T

It's the wiring that goes with the conversion that makes it more difficult. Otherwise we'd all be running 1.8t Fabias :D

I keep verging on putting the 1.8t in my Fantasy Green Fabia... as I have the whole Ibiza.

Have a feeling it'll take ages due to unforeseen issues and lack of spare time. :D