Emergency services VRS

• 10 months later...

Sorry old thread revival, but noticed the vRS that hems have on 'An hour to save a life' on bbc2 the other night. Thought it looked pretty cool, whilst doing an important job.

I knew bout lots and lots of silver scouts traditionally being used for first response cars out this way but not vRS' - maybe wouldn't buy EK14 NXO or EF63 MLU second hand though - lived tough but important lives!

I knew bout lots and lots of silver scouts traditionally being used for first response cars out this way but not vRS' - maybe wouldn't buy EK14 NXO or EF63 MLU second hand though - lived tough but important lives!

Perhaps consider it if they left the lights on...

I'm in the Fire Service and when it arrives my VRS TDI estate will be fitted out with covert LED's front and rear.

I've not seen many Skoda's used as response vehicles in Scotland (yet!) - although the doctors on call service use Scouts.

• Like 1

Paramedics in North Staffs use Scouts (or did last time I looked) as the Staffordshire Moorlands can get snow out of tune with the rest of the country.  On snow tyres all year round according to the guy at ATS (as his branch replaces them as part of the fleet service) - they have their own earmarked stocks so save issues with supply during the warmer weather.

A lot of places have scouts - our dealer had 96 silver ones recently for contract lease to ambulance service round here but has only seen the vrs as unmarked police cars round thus way

• 3 weeks later...

I was at a meeting at the Royal London Hospital on Friday, they had 5 Red Paramedic VRSs lined up outside their Emergency Care entrance. I should have taken a photo!

I was at a meeting at the Royal London Hospital on Friday, they had 5 Red Paramedic VRSs lined up outside their Emergency Care entrance. I should have taken a photo!

Those are the HEMS vehicles. They're based at Royal London, and the helicopter doesn't fly at night, in certain weather conditions or when it's being maintained.

There are a bunch of standard (I'm guessing 2.0 TDI? They seem to race around a bit too quickly for the 1.6) Octy estates in Manchester being used as rapid response vehicles by the ambulance service. They always look overloaded though, the back end is always very low!

Enjoying "Police Interceptors" on Spije Channel, following Lincolnshire Constabulary.

They are using a 4X4 Octavia as a dig car and a VRS as fast response.

Probably been on before, but hadn't seen the series, pretty good