aftermarket wheels thread

Waiting for RS arrival... did maybe anybody try to fit thoose to vRS mk3 ?

www.original-felgen.com/4f0601025afz17.html

Thoose are 7.5 x 17 ET45, but You Skoda is recommending 7.5 x 17 with ET51 as I found in some documents.

It's a leftover from just sold Audi A4 Avant (V6 and also had a huge discs and calipers), would like to use them on Octavia in winter period. Wondering about the caliper clearance...

post-133138-14481275529607_thumb.jpg

Reply to myself :-) :

Lookin good, much more than expected. Compared to 18" black Gemini's, a nice refreshed winter look. Caliper clearance is more than enough, no problem with fitment.

I just cant find a decent centre wheel caps that fit, so will stock to Audi's this winter :-)

May be useful for someone as I saw them on eBay occasionaly with a very good price.

Poslano sa mog Mi-4c koristeći Tapatalk

Best thing though - the price :)  I paid only £83 quid each for these, brand new shipped direct from Germany from delticom/mytyres.   :D

mytyres are good for cheap rims.  got my borbets there, paid £72 and pennies for each back in the summer

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A bit off the point but are there any makes of aftermarket wheels that use radius seat wheel bolts (same as Skoda, VW etc.). It seems to me that most non original wheels will need a complete set of wheel bolts with the usual 60 degree straight taper seat.

Obviously it's not a good idea to use standard Skoda/VW bolts on straight taper seats.

Interesting thread at http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?158739-Wheel-Bolts-Radius-or-Tapered-Whats-the-differnce

Very nice indeed suit the car :)

Are you lowered? Any issues on lock or running?

Not lowered, some day maybe :)

Not any problems at all with the settings.Also very comfortavle with the 19.Almost no different at all against 18 Oem

mytyres are good for cheap rims. got my borbets there, paid £72 and pennies for each back in the summer

Another vote for my tyres, well priced, good quality.

A bit off the point but are there any makes of aftermarket wheels that use radius seat wheel bolts (same as Skoda, VW etc.

There are a couple of German wheels that use the OEM VAG bolts (Dezent TD for example) but they tend to be aimed at the cheaper end of the alloy market, specifically marketed as your winter set. Not so spectacular in the style stakes.

A bit off the point but are there any makes of aftermarket wheels that use radius seat wheel bolts (same as Skoda, VW etc.). It seems to me that most non original wheels will need a complete set of wheel bolts with the usual 60 degree straight taper seat.

Obviously it's not a good idea to use standard Skoda/VW bolts on straight taper seats.

Interesting thread at http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?158739-Wheel-Bolts-Radius-or-Tapered-Whats-the-differnce

Neuspeeds all use the OEM radius bolts.

Anyone know what the official centre bore is for the OEM wheels... I ask since wheel-size.com suggests 57.1cb but I found a site with some TSW Chicane which says they fit based on selecting the vehicle and they have a 72cb 

I realise they will probably supply spigot rings, but just interested to know... :)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'd love to post a pic of my new wheels (18x8, +42 Niche Targa) but I can't figure out how to do that.  Have tried searching for instructions on how to link a photo from my computer, but no luck.

Anyone who can be bothered, and knows how to do this, I would appreciate some guidance :D .

Cheers.

So, I'd love to post a pic of my new wheels (18x8, +42 Niche Targa) but I can't figure out how to do that.  Have tried searching for instructions on how to link a photo from my computer, but no luck.

Anyone who can be bothered, and knows how to do this, I would appreciate some guidance :D .

Cheers.

You need a photobucket (or similar) account, upload the pic and post the IMG link

• 3 weeks later...

You need a photobucket (or similar) account, upload the pic and post the IMG link

Hmm, have tried that and no luck.  I must be doing something wrong - will keep trying and see if I can figure it.

• 1 month later...