Moments of joy in your day today

mender

On 22/03/2021 at 16:27, Aspman said:

Joy in my day...

The discovery of potentially the greatest crisp ever.

I had thought that Walkers Sweet Chill crisps were hard to beat

Then we had Pipers Kirkby Malham Chorizo Crisps

and they we had them....

Co-op Irresistible Aberdeen Angus Steak & Peppercorn Sauce Crinkle Cut Crisps.

OMG. As a rule neither SO nor myself like beef crisps, I don't like crinkle cut crisps, but something about these is epic.

We've stopped going into the coop since we were eating too many back of these.

A more morish thing I'm not sure I've ever eaten.

2 for £2 the last time I was in.

Seriously good crisps B)B)

Far too easy to eat.  I tried to make them last, honest I did :notme:

G

• Like 1

On 18/03/2021 at 13:33, jars said:

Covid jab yesterday and haven’t died. Go figure :tongueout:

I had mine yesterday and my arm hurts, I have been ill all night with a temperature and chills, headache and my glands are all up in my neck. Apparently this means the vaccine is working and my body is building up immunity to covid. I feel like death warmed up at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lynn67 said:

I had mine yesterday and my arm hurts, I have been ill all night with a temperature and chills, headache and my glands are all up in my neck. Apparently this means the vaccine is working and my body is building up immunity to covid. I feel like death warmed up at the moment. 

I kinda missed all the side effects tbh. I felt a little crappy that evening but was gone the next morning. By the following evening the injection site was sore, but no more than the flu jab. 

That said, I have a dickie heart and I did have some unusual pains for a week, but that could also be the stress leading up to burying my Dad yesterday, who succumbed to Covid on the 18th Feb :crying:

Edited by jars
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, Lynn67 said:

Reads like a good strong reaction. You might feel like crap but it's really a good thing. Paracetamol should help with the fever etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jars said:

I kinda missed all the side effects tbh. I felt a little crappy that evening but was gone the next morning. By the following evening the injection site was sore, but no more than the flu jab. 

That about describes my experience from my first jab 6 weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

it was indeed completely true. but it doesnt get talked about much even in our history classes and stuff...

i must get swmbo to start putting it in to her history classes as a nice little historical factoid .

Good posts re bats. Do like a bit of bat spotting, but haven't been out so far this year for a watch. Think I will go for a looksee tonight. We've some lakes a few miles up the road where there are usualy loads of bats.....fingers crossed. :)

Started thinking about an England based break in July, first week of the school holidays. Be so nice to get away after the year of lockdowns, but a look about tells me it's going to be very expensive.

Almost don't dare to hope and plan a holiday, but can't stop myself for the PMA effect if nothing else.

Moment of joy yesterday, was collecting a couple of books from the library. They have the 'reserve and collect' service working again! Been lost without the library, such a vital resource.

i have a new Henry Miller and Tim Winton to read over the next couple of weeks. Fantastic. :) :thumbup:

Moments of joy in my day were yesterday on my Mersey walk, I came across 3 different colonies of bats (or 'clouds' as they can be called :) ). It is possible that it was the same group of bats following me for my sparkling personality and the fact I carry a Belfrey around with me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Start of rugby league season today ,got cas tigers on the big screen ,and formula 1 on the tablet on the arm of the sofa ,and my bellys full of chicken roast tatties and a bottle of red plonk haha 

• Administrators

Despite remembering the clocks go forward... lay in bed thinking the alarm clock auto updated...

Well rested now at least :)

Shall be asleep again come f1 on c4... although hoping it will be a little exciting for a bit :)

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

It's an interesting race so far....No spoilers 

I used to love the old F1 cars with writing on the spoilers, such as Rothmans and Marlboro,.............

Awaiting a 'groan',  Lol

• Like 2

Yeah ok ciggie advertising is bad, but the cars didn't half look good.

I'm with Lady E on the JPS Lotus but also the Marlboro Mclaren

spacer.png

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 3

One laced with steroids judging by the before and after photographs :)

• Like 1