Moments of joy in your day today

mender

11 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

get your hands on a screw gun and straighten up all the bloodly number plates while your doing the cleaning will you? 

be the cape-less hero 

Of course. Nananananananana reg man, reg man. :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

Getting an A/C regas sorted on the Fabia this morning at a very convenient tyre/exhaust place for less cash than I expected. 🕺

Welcome to the land of icy cold, Pete. Surprisingly these wee Mk1s can be ****ing baltic when you turn up the A/C. I was sitting with a coat on the first time I tried it. :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gaz said:

Fame, fame at last!! 😁

In the opening few seconds of the latest Harry's Garage video:

The Golf GTI immediately to the left of the RR going the other way:

653521333_Screenshot2022-05-25at09_48_55.thumb.jpeg.a77e07f09d91b313ff1cc3a65556a973.jpeg

... is me and Mrs Gaz 😎

What canny timing.

Gaz

did they stop and make you drive up the road several times while doing retakes in order to keep continuity? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, mac11irl said:

did they stop and make you drive up the road several times while doing retakes in order to keep continuity? :D

Nah, I did momentarily debate stopping, but then thought that'd be a bit weird.

Obviously did more than one run though, coz on the in-car footage, when Harry puts his right indicator on, my car's turned into a silver van 🙄

G

am i the only dumbass who goes cycling on routes and trails with absolutely no facities ither than what i stick in my back pack ? :D

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

am i the only dumbass who goes cycling on routes and trails with absolutely no facities ither than what i stick in my back pack ? :D

My walking routes are like that. Unless you count my walk across the brigs in the village, can get an Irn Bru and a cake from the Doon Cafe. :D

• Administrators

Left cafe, ended up carrying for a few Km to get back to road; stupid route plan through a bog, went over a cattle grid and boom tyre went. 

could I get the dam tyre off…. 25mins… then the chef from the cafe rolled past.

then two stalkers.

then about twenty nudists.

two stopped to help and gave up after a few mins, declaring it a stupidly tight tyre.

then the other chef from the cafe came past and offered me evening rea and the sleeper train at 9pm.

I finally got the tyre off. Vaguely remembering how to do the puncture repair I was getting a happy feeling…

well it turns out really old tyre repair glue dries out….

I had some patches from a different kit. Applied. 
yay.

test…

hiss… 💩🤬🐥🤦‍♂️😱😨🫤🧠

another two patches.

got it all back together and it began raining.

1:40out. 3plus back 😞 I miss the cafe :)

Edited by ColinD
  • Sad 3
  • Crying 1

• Administrators

I know. They were all lovely too. Although one chap, very forward, very sorry I’d had such a deal, did offer me a space in the hostel. He was commenting how I’d found a good spot out of the wind, because it was a bit of chilly day. 

got to be honest I heard something else when he said chilly.

what is it they say power of suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/05/2022 at 17:50, ColinD said:

...then about twenty nudists......

'It's a puncture, honest. It's not normally this deflated!' :D

Gaz

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

With effect from 5:30pm this evening, I am no longer an employee of my Local Authority 

I'm trusting that this is good news and not that you're been summarily dumped on the unemployment scrap heap?

Edited by MikeTheThinker

Just now, MikeTheThinker said:

I'm trusting that this is good news and not that you're been summarily dumped on the unemploymebt scrap heap?

Two month notice period, and handed it in two months ago Mike :thumbup::thumbup: (it's a good thing).

I'm a very happy ex-employee.

Gaz

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm a very happy ex-employee.

Excellent!  Have you planned your futiure as yet or are you simply basking in the unaccustomed sense of freedom? :)

19 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

Excellent!  Have you planned your futiure as yet or are you simply basking in the unaccustomed sense of freedom? :)

Some ad-hoc planning of sorts.  I'm 58 now and can start to collect a fair chunk of pension from 60, so I only have a shortish gap to bridge.  I paid into AVC's (Additional Voluntary Contributions) with a view to retiring at 55, and I can draw down from those.  A good chunk of time as a break first while I recover - my current job had its fair share of unhealthy stress. And the pandemic put paid to me having effective physio rehab over the last two years, so some good exercise to build strength and stamina and shake off the walking stick that continues to stalk me is a good first step for me.

Gaz

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Some ad-hoc planning of sorts.  I'm 58 now and can start to collect a fair chunk of pension from 60, so I only have a shortish gap to bridge.  I paid into AVC's (Additional Voluntary Contributions) with a view to retiring at 55, and I can draw down from those. 

I did the same last year but at 55. Certainly feel better for it. I have a few more years to gap (55 to 60) until I can draw on my main occupational pension, but I haven't regretted it. 

• Like 2