Moments of joy in your day today

mender

23 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

that i got home from work today..

ive not had a good couple of days...

i now have 6 stitches.

4 in my nose to go with yesterdays 2.

and some cuts, bruises and sore ribs.

but all things considered... im not now mac11irl rip or amputee.

having been hit by a site dumper and thankfully being slim enough to fit under it as it went over me..

im now the subject of a serious incident investigation and im off work for a few days..

Bloody hell Mac...   What was the eejit driving it doing??  Presumably not paying attention or looking where he was going?? 

• Sad 1

not as of yet, not in a union as when i was they were absolutely useless for me. 

as for solicitor... i'll see what happens as the investigation moves on. tbh right now im just at the "i survived, then controlled the scene until an IO got on site and was able to go home after a thorough check by an ambulance crew and response doctor

• Like 1

Jeezus Mac what a day! Glad you're OK and the medics cleared you. The Spud's still have a dad and Mrs Mac has a husband and that's what matters.

Take care 👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Bloody hell Mac...   What was the eejit driving it doing??  Presumably not paying attention or looking where he was going?? 

i dont want to go into details here but, noisy site, i didnt hear him approaching from where he was stationary when i checked it clear about 30 seconds beforehand. 

he got called on to tip his load, and due to the positioning while he was rail mounted i was unknowingly still in a blindspot. 

it was...  hairy..

but self preservation and instinct had me react the right way to find an escape route...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

i dont want to go into details here but, noisy site, i didnt hear him approaching from where he was stationary when i checked it clear about 30 seconds beforehand. 

he got called on to tip his load, and due to the positioning while he was rail mounted i was unknowingly still in a blindspot. 

it was...  hairy..

but self preservation and instinct had me react the right way to find an escape route...

Unlucky on the first count and god reactions on the second...   but that's going to be a serious investigation with Irish Equivalent of HSE involved by the sound of it. 

The main thing is you're still here! 

Take it steady and beware of delayed shock setting in when the adrenaline etc. wears off fully. 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 3

Bloody hell Mac, you’ve sure had a couple of duff days! 😳

Glad you’re here to tell the tale, even though you’ve been a crash test dummy for needlework classes. Get well soon.

Gaz

• Thanks 1

thats quite cool. 

i  never considered feeding nuts or sultanas to a fox, didnt think theyd be at all interested 

45 minutes ago, KaroqKent said:

For a few months now I have been putting out a mix of nuts and sultanas out at night in a box raised about a foot off the ground for a visiting fox. 

PICT0061.thumb.jpg.904aaa53868e47110468114369dc1fb5.jpg

I know grapes can cause kidney damage to dogs are you sure that they are safe for foxes? (A quick Google seems to indicate that they might not be.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, io1901 said:

I know grapes can cause kidney damage to dogs are you sure that they are safe for foxes? (A quick Google seems to indicate that they might not be.)

Good point, I hadn't considered that, I'll lay off the sultanas and just stick to the peanuts.

4 hours ago, KaroqKent said:

Good point, I hadn't considered that, I'll lay off the sultanas and just stick to the peanuts.

Good thing to do ,sultanas are really bad for cannines ,they will actually kill them ,try some apple or pear tomato etc most dogs love em and there safe for them 👍

Was the rail that they are both leaning onto by accident or design?

Edited by J.R.

10 minutes ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Good thing to do ,sultanas are really bad for cannines ,they will actually kill them ,try some apple or pear tomato etc most dogs love em and there safe for them 👍

As long as there's no apple or pear seeds and the tomatoes are ripe, no green tops or leaves.

When we adopted three Silver Borders it was amazing how many foods we gave the dog as a kid we found out are toxic.

40 minutes ago, Cakemonster said:

As long as there's no apple or pear seeds and the tomatoes are ripe, no green tops or leaves.

When we adopted three Silver Borders it was amazing how many foods we gave the dog as a kid we found out are toxic.

Your dog would have to eat a huge amount of seeds to cause any harm ,they contain trace elements of cyanide which would also kill humans ,and nobody really sells unripe tomatoes 

1 hour ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Your dog would have to eat a huge amount of seeds to cause any harm ,they contain trace elements of cyanide which would also kill humans ,and nobody really sells unripe tomatoes 

But it's a good general warning though as it is size (weight) related, a small dog will die with way fewer grapes/apple pips/whatever than an adult St Bernard.

52 minutes ago, NJRJ said:

But it's a good general warning though as it is size (weight) related, a small dog will die with way fewer grapes/apple pips/whatever than an adult St Bernard.

But the reality is a fox would have to eat give or take about one hundred apples in one go and chew all the seeds,a labrador about 300 aples in one go ,so its pointless to even worry about ,where as sultanas are very bad for dogs as are grapes 

• Like 1