*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

Extended warranty was a monkey for two years. I only planned to keep mine for two years (until the expiry of the manufacturer's warranty - car was a year old when I bought it), but I liked it so much I bought the two-year Skoda-approved extended warranty from a dealer.

• Like 1

I pick up my new car in a few hours I am so stoked its unreal! New car has 20odd miles its a moon white 64 plate vrs with black magic and black guigaro rims. With regard to above comments I suppose you reap what you sow, if you want a vrs it comes with more cost than your tsi 1.2. Fuel Tax and tyres are more expensive but then its got bigger wheels and 180bhp so obviously it does. I know they are both fabias but its apples to oranges after that. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and its realy up to you what tickles your fancy. A cheaper to run car or the cost that comes with something quicker.

To give some perspective though, my audi uses b7 rs4 brakes, go and see how much a set of front pads and disks cost, I get cold sweats thinking about it. Or 7 litres of millers nanodrive? Or adding the cost of a 50% mix of methanol to you tank of momentum, and you need lots of momentum lol. Or the fact its option a, front end off or option b, front end off and engine and box out to do pretty much everything. Or the fact that theres 2 turbos if one decides to crap itself,you change both.

After owning an s4 £12 tax and £80 a tyre is a breath of fresh air for some of us, so I dont think vrs ownership is all that bad just need to see the big picture.

• Like 3

Great little car, everyone who i take for a spin seems to like it. Has a nice amount of low end grunt to get the thing moving. Nice and cheap to insure and run. Bit too much torque steer and wheel spin at times, but this can be helped a lot with decent tires. Looks good, love the 2 colour combos. And I even have one that doesn't drink oil... yay.

However, mine is going tomorrow so its officially the car I've owned the least amount of time ever (just over 2 years). I tend to keep my cars for a long time, but just fancied a change - perhaps in the back of my mind I worried about the lack of warranty and potential oil usage issues, so come tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of a brand new 15 plate SEAT Leon Cupra 280... now thats a quick little car (and surprisingly cheaper to insure than my vRS... wtf!)

• Like 1

Fantastic car despite the racket and the lousy ride - and the prophets of doom.

Prophets of Doom- do you actually mean, those members that tell the truth in supporting those owner less fortunate than you!!

Small now in % terms but they do exist.

Most of these owners will tell you that they have loved the car - warts and all!!

• Like 1

Great little car, everyone who i take for a spin seems to like it. Has a nice amount of low end grunt to get the thing moving. Nice and cheap to insure and run. Bit too much torque steer and wheel spin at times, but this can be helped a lot with decent tires. Looks good, love the 2 colour combos. And I even have one that doesn't drink oil... yay.

However, mine is going tomorrow so its officially the car I've owned the least amount of time ever (just over 2 years). I tend to keep my cars for a long time, but just fancied a change - perhaps in the back of my mind I worried about the lack of warranty and potential oil usage issues, so come tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of a brand new 15 plate SEAT Leon Cupra 280... now thats a quick little car (and surprisingly cheaper to insure than my vRS... wtf!)

Good deal on trade -in or selling privately?

Good deal on trade -in or selling privately?

Trade in - wasn't bad deal tbh. was gonna throw up a private advert for a week or 2 but couldn't be bothered with the hassle, so just gonna hand over the keys. Will be sorry to see it go, but lots of fun ahead :D

• Like 1

Trade in - wasn't bad deal tbh. was gonna throw up a private advert for a week or 2 but couldn't be bothered with the hassle, so just gonna hand over the keys. Will be sorry to see it go, but lots of fun ahead :D

Perhaps the Leon 280 is the new Fabia vRS.(Unfortunately in some respects)

Edited by vrskeith

What other 180bhp petrol car will do a calculated 47mpg on a steady motorway run?

It really is a great little car, despite the common issues!

Mine wont , dont think I ever bettered 42mpg and my mfd is very optimistic , dont care though

• Like 2

They are great cars I do miss the vRS estate I had the octy is very good it's fast ànd comfy and the sound is good for a TDI but I do miss the sound the engine made when you put your foot down in the fàbia vRS what a sound

• Like 2

OK guys we picked up the fabia yesterday, the moon white and black magic look great when clean and polished. So first off we put the child seats in non problem, loads of leg room for the kids. We did the paperwork and i got to drive it off the forecourt first, quick wave goodbye to the old blackline and we crept out onto the tar for its 29th mile and our first as a family.

Even on the beaten Aberdeen industrial estate we were surprised at how smooth and quiet the wee car was. A few roundabouts in and it was time to test sports box, it was errrrm revvy-er?! Does it do anything other than stay in gear longer? Not deterred we nipped through the traffic and I found myself realy pleased how the car felt nicely planted and surefooted but keen and sharp to turn in. Its a real hoot on windy backroads ive tried so far. So after a **** about with the flappy paddles and a mock drag race with an unsuspecting rep mobile (litterally) we headed off to Costco to test the boot. 300 litres is almost golf territory but considering we left an octy mk2 estate for this it has been one of our worries. So Costco had 40 toilet rolls on offer and for the first time in along time I was concerened about the boot. Guys we filled a Costco trolley with all sorts of clobber including 6 litres of fairy and a gallon of comfort, 3 kilos of chicken nuggets and an extra lage pizza among other and it fit with room to spare easily. Shocked. So then it was the 100 mile jaunt home, im realy surprised how well it shifts for a wee car, a 1.4 no less. Wether it was passing cars using the paddles at 6 grand or flooring it off a roundabout to "seat the piston rings love" or just watching the gears change but not being able to hear or feel it i was impressed with whats under the bonnet. Even on our greasy roads I never once got the traction control light flashing giving it all it had off various roundabout, is the xds realy that good? Apparantly it is.

My biggest gripe so far is the headlights, the whole solenoid idea is ridiculous, and they arent very bright but some better bulbs will help. Inside the cars everything works as it should other than just being a fancy phone charger im struggling to think.of the benefits of the mdi vs Bluetooth but hey ho, we only realised it had it 50 miles later. Its been washed twice in it 200 odd mile life and some time soon it will get a coat of armour all sheild to keep it mint. Already ordered the led number plate bulbs and going to order headlight bulbs and paddle extensions shortly too.

Its equiped with the cthe lump up front and hopefully its got all the new gear on there like the breather and squirters and latest software. Its very fun and still practical enough, it looks cool and it shows a few big cars its heels. So far it fit right in with our family and we all love our new car. If anyones on tje fence like we were, take one out for a spin and try it out, thetes a very good chance youl like it.

glad you are happy. and trust me, the more you drive it, the more it will appeal.....

re, the gearbox: for me sport is a bit pointless.... I only ever use is if I'm being lazy and want some engine braking when decelerating........ when driving fast I ALWAYS use the paddles, with a bit of practice, you can become a master of the paddle shift, and it very rewarding when you want to drive fast to use the paddles..... blipping it down as you you approach the corners..... lovely.

re the grip... what tyres does it have on ? they tend to define the grip in this car, its very odd with tyres, some that work on other cars dont work on the vRS... good tyres are vital..... the XDS is secondary compaired to the traction control, that will cut power first , and make the XDS largely redundant.... if you really want to feel the XDS working you need to turn the traction controll OFF, then you will feel the diff, and it does make a difference (I have mine set at "3" at the moment (the new cars have more adjustment with XDS than the CAVE engined cars, you can disable it completely) I turn mine off completley for the track season, as on the race track, it simply overheats the brakes... on the public road, its a pretty awesome bit of kit :) gicing it a bit of beans in these early days will do it good, I always have, and have not had an oil burner ( I had a CAVE car before my CTHE) , its probably putting out about 190 - 200 bhp too ;) there have been various different RR results, I hope to get mine on the RR in april :) my old CAVE gave 199bhp with a TMC box on "7" my newer car feels just as fast, so I have left the engine alone :)

have fun!!, here is "phantom" ;)

17_18h_IMG_3643.jpg

• Like 4

My vRS was fantastic for the 3.5 years I owned it. Did 50k, plenty of them flat out morning runs through mid Wales to work and back. Got to the point where I could drive it beyond its limits instinctively and cross country could be faster than almost anything. Had some fantastic memories with it. Track days and being chased across Wales by sharkider. Then with Eibachs and Bilsteins it really came alive. My last big journey I did I had to get back home urgently from Liverpool and I did it in a scarcely believable time. If it wasn't for the vRS I would never have done it.

The only thing that spoilt my ownership was some of the doom mongers here, constantly posting oil usage threads, some clearly having agendas. Glad to see a positive thread for the vRS as its a fantastic car, despite what some people say. Glad to see a thread like this

hear hear! :)

Off to Bristol in my Partner's vRS MK2 for a blast, across country roads and the M4. Should be fun.

Looking forward to it very much.

Edited by vrskeith

I think skoda messed up with the mk1. Yes its a solid engine. But it was diesel and poor without a map. Its too good on fuel. Its lets say the "sports" model. It should consume fuel and put a smile on your face in an instant. the mk2 has done this for me.

All i ever read on fb groups are people asking about faults on their mk1's.

Fuel isnt overly bad either. Just adjust your driving style.

• Like 1