230 Bhp Vrs

Most of the hard work is now done if they have located the transfer box in the Hatch version.

4x4 hatch has been available for some time already. The 105,150 and 184bhp diesels and the 180bhp petrol come as hatches with 4x4.

4x4 hatch has been available for some time already. The 105,150 and 184bhp diesels and the 180bhp petrol come as hatches with 4x4.

I don't even look at the bog standard cars. I'd only ever consider the VRS and as far as i was aware apart from the 150bhp 4X4 non VRS on the mk1 The only other 4X4 models been in Estate version. But maybe you have the option in Norway i dont know. I don't do estates either so having the VRS hatch in 4x4 has always been a been the holy grail for me. Would prefer manual and petrol but its not a deal breaker happy to compromise on diesel DSG.

We can get all 4x4 models as a hatch. So Thats not were the problem with getting a tsi vrs 4x4 hatch lies.

Im not getting into a vRS vs the rest discusion now, but Ill say this, today I would have run circles around any 2WD car ;)

Edited by Gromle

Phone call from skoda today about missing roofrail saga

They would like to offer £250 of skoda credit to spend in the network as a gesture of goodwill for no roof rails.

This will nicely go towards the smart link code when released !

They would like to offer £250 of skoda credit to spend in the network as a gesture of goodwill for no roof rails.

how are you going to carry stuff on the roof though?   :)

Seat now unlocking full link so presume skoda will be as well soon.

http://www.seat.co.uk/offers/service-plans.html

Interested to find out what are the hardware differences between them. They're both based on the EA888 MK3 block so unless there's something like a different turbo I don't see it being something very difficult to upgrade to. Also, APR quotes 316 bhp for a 98RON Stage 1 for the Octavia and 354 bhp for the equivalent stage 1 on the Cupra. That's a 38 bhp difference, getting closer already. I would map both those two cars If I bought them but not further than a stage 1, I've learned my lesson already. Surely an off-the-shelf map might still send the Cupra further than the Octavia but point is they're both well above 300bhp and strong enough for my needs.

Standard RS yes I would agree but I would imagine the 230 version with what I assume is the same diff Cupra uses, has almost eliminated that behaviour, that's what I've been reading at least we have to wait and see if it's confirmed.

My experience has taught me to always take dyno figures with a pinch of salt. I've heard this for every 1 out of 2 cars that is being dyno-ed as stock, especially VAG cars and I've seen some very different figures on similar cars based entirely on the dyno setup but anyway.

I test-drove the 280 Cupra and it honestly didn't feel quicker than my stage 2 Fabia vRS. Looking up acceleration times from tests and reviews later on confirmed my initial feeling that it was actually a bit slower in any in-gear acceleration up to 180km/h so a dyno saying it's actually 276, 280 or 295 wouldn't mean much to me as I know how it felt to me when driving it and that was that definitely needed a remap in order to feel quick for my standards. Obviously only speaking from my own point of view here.

Personally its not just about straight line performance. From reading reviews the cupra handles and grips a lot better than the 230. If your considering track days then it really highlights the difference. EVO magazine commented the 230 was poor on track. This month's EVO has the cupra in their car of the year final and it beats some more exotic machinery. They comment how amazing the grip and performance is (admittedly it does have the cup 2 tyres) Vrs has more space inside so depends what your priority is. Having come from a mk2 fl Vrs to a mk3 Leon fr I can't say I've had any issues with build quality and personally prefer the Leon interior over the mk3 octavia as I also considered a vrs at the time. All round value for money I think the cupra is hard to beat . I moved away from skoda as they have priced themselves out the market. No longer the performance bargain they used to be.

Hi,

Just got back from Lookers in Manchester after test driving a VRS 220 as considering moving from a Fabia VRS.

They have a white 230 VRS estate on the showroom and we got talking about it but he said they were no deals to be had on it.  The standard VRS on 0% and £1000 contribution was the better option for my money.

Anyways after speaking to the Manager he did say because Skoda had only sold 26 since launch they will be told at the end of November if they can do the 230 on the same 0% percent deal.

So anybody considering a VRS in the next month or so could this be an option.  I have decided to wait as new orders this week are starting at week 10 so the end of the month would do nicely for a March delivery on a new plate.

• Like 2

I have a couple of questions.

Has anyone purchased one of theses on a PCH deal and if so what numbers did you get?

Secondly does anyone know the delivery time?

My superb order is now BW 14 (ordered end sept!) which is about 10 weeks longer that I can do, so wondering if this was my plan B.

Edited by jamiemad

Was in getting the winter wheels installed on the 230 at the dealer the other day and noticed they lifted it up and were doing an inspection underneath. Went to pay and the service manager advised there is a service notice and I'll have to bring it in asap. Was in a rush & holding a rather unhappy 9 month old so didn't get any details - just had a quick glance at a schematic in his hand and had a part highlighted in black. Could have been the new trick diff, didn't really look like the DSG. Dunno really (sorry about being vague - sort of why I'm asking).

So booked in next Friday (3-4 hours needed) and will try to find out the exact details / reference then. Anyone else heard about any service notices on the RS 230?

I have a couple of questions.

Has anyone purchased one of theses on a PCH deal and if so what numbers did you get?

Secondly does anyone know the delivery time?

My superb order is now BW 14 (ordered end sept!) which is about 10 weeks longer that I can do, so wondering if this was my plan B.

Not available on PCH so answered my own question.

Was in getting the winter wheels installed on the 230 at the dealer the other day and noticed they lifted it up and were doing an inspection underneath. Went to pay and the service manager advised there is a service notice and I'll have to bring it in asap. Was in a rush & holding a rather unhappy 9 month old so didn't get any details - just had a quick glance at a schematic in his hand and had a part highlighted in black. Could have been the new trick diff, didn't really look like the DSG. Dunno really (sorry about being vague - sort of why I'm asking).

So booked in next Friday (3-4 hours needed) and will try to find out the exact details / reference then. Anyone else heard about any service notices on the RS 230?

I was contacted about this just over a week ago by my dealer, and mine is in at the moment to get this fixed. I have been told that is is missing a drive shaft shield that could lead to wear / punctures on the CV joint. If the car has been driven then they have to also replace the rubber part of the CV joint. I have been told that this is for the nearside only. I'm guessing that it was missed off in the build. 

• Like 1

I was contacted about this just over a week ago by my dealer, and mine is in at the moment to get this fixed. I have been told that is is missing a drive shaft shield that could lead to wear / punctures on the CV joint. If the car has been driven then they have to also replace the rubber part of the CV joint. I have been told that this is for the nearside only. I'm guessing that it was missed off in the build. 

Cheers for that. Quite certain it is the drive shaft shield as it fits the schematic image in my head. Checked on the link above but it returned nothing. But the link states it is for recall notices and this could just be a service notice. If I was a 230 owner I would be giving my garage a call.

Hello to all page members. I finally recieved my rs 230 liftback yesterday after 17 week waiting. Ordered it 27th of july, dont know what took so long. :) What a car, I have done only about a hundred kilometers in it and absolutely loving everything in it. It's very well equipped, power is right there and handling great with the "lsd" on damp corners. Worth every second of waiting the delivery. :D

• Like 1

Hello to all page members. I finally recieved my rs 230 liftback yesterday after 17 week waiting. Ordered it 27th of july, dont know what took so long. :) What a car, I have done only about a hundred kilometers in it and absolutely loving everything in it. It's very well equipped, power is right there and handling great with the "lsd" on damp corners. Worth every second of waiting the delivery. :D

post some pics!  :)

This is what I want fa sure...best colour by a country mile! Estate or hatch??

Estate.  As it comes with a bunch of stuff already i only added the rear side airbags for the kiddies, spare and the heated nozzles for winter.  Delivery due some time in February.  Looking foward to getting it.

Estate.  As it comes with a bunch of stuff already i only added the rear side airbags for the kiddies, spare and the heated nozzles for winter.  Delivery due some time in February.  Looking foward to getting it.

Nice 1! Did you grab a decent deal??